View Poll Results: What (if anything) did you buy from Thundercats?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8" Classic line

22 50.00%
  • 6" Classic line

12 27.27%
  • 6" Modern line

8 18.18%
  • 4" line

14 31.82%
  • vehicles and/or playsets

7 15.91%
  • Couldn't find anything at retail

1 2.27%
  • Nothing

13 29.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bandai Thundercats: what (if anything) did you buy?

Bandai Thundercats: what (if anything) did you buy?

a) 8 in. Classic line
    b) 6 in. Classic line
    c) 6 in. Modern line
    d) 4 in. line
    e) vehicles and/or playsets
    f) No luck finding stuff at retail
    g) nothing
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I got both 8 inch Lion-O and Tygra from the Classic line. It's too bad they changed scale, I'm not interested in the 6 inch Classics.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I bought the 8" Classic Lion-O and Tygra plus I bought the 6" Classics Mumm-Ra.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I bought the 8" Classic Lion-O and Tygra plus I bought the 6" Classics Mumm-Ra.
    Don't tell me, you're a screaming head Lion-o hater

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Don't tell me, you're a screaming head Lion-o hater
    No, not really. I tell what I am though. I'm a bent out shape Sword of Omens hater with a minor in annoyance at different colored pegs.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    None because I knew it was Bandai making them and they have a track record of bad decisions involving the whole start then suddenly stop toylines (outside of Power Rangers naturally).

My 6in. Lion-o actually has a straight sword. I'm afraid it will bend or warp if I ever drop the box on the ground.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I got the two 8" classic figures. I would have bought more.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

My biggest gripe is the Thunder Lynx nonsense, but I'm apparently the only person so far (out of 9 voters) who bought the 4" figures

I got 8 inch Lion-o both 6 inch classics, all but 6 inch Mumm-ra.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Just to clarify, you passed on 8" Tygra and 6" Classic Mumm-ra. Does that mean you bought the modern 6 inchers?

yes I passed on 8 inch Tygra I can get him I just never liked his costume. I liked Tigers, I liked he could go invisible but always thought he looked goofy. I prefer his modern look.
    got both 6 inch classics
    I can still get 6 inch modern Mumm-ra locally, I haven't seen Tygra. But I got Lion-o, Panthro, and Cheetara.

Technically I got the 4 inch Lion-o Cheetara, and Panthro, not sure what they were going to get them all in in the 6inch which is my preferred size. But I don't have them out and wouldn't have gotten them if I had known more what was coming in the 6 inch modern.
    Last edited by wyldman11; June 20, 2012 at 02:19pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The only thing I bought was wileykit.(Though I considered the ropleplay sword)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

You only bought kit, and didn't buy Kat???

Just never got around to it lol!(another time perhaps I like kat)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

I bought the 8inch Lion-o the first time I saw him. I bought the 8 inch Tygra when he showed up at Wal-Mart on clearance. They both stand on the shelf with my heroic warriors.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    My biggest gripe is the Thunder Lynx nonsense, but I'm apparently the only person so far (out of 9 voters) who bought the 4" figures
    I brought the 4" figures too. It's the only scale that would get a ThunderTank or other vehicles. Besides, I enjoyed getting almost all of the characters at retail, instead of having to wait wave after wave.

I would have gotten the 8" Classics, but the SDCC Lion-O was overpriced and had poor paintwash. Tygra's torso articulation was terrible, so I passed. I waited to see more characters, but Bandai ended the 8" line and started the 6" line. I didn't like the screaming Lion-O head or Mumm-Ra's missing torso articulation, so I passed on those too.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I brought the 4" figures too. It's the only scale that would get a ThunderTank or other vehicles. Besides, I enjoyed getting almost all of the characters at retail, instead of having to wait wave after wave.

I would have gotten the 8" Classics, but the SDCC Lion-O was overpriced and had poor paintwash. Tygra's torso articulation was terrible, so I passed. I waited to see more characters, but Bandai ended the 8" line and started the 6" line. I didn't like the screaming Lion-O head or Mumm-Ra's missing torso articulation, so I passed on those too.

It seems to me that only the legs and arms looked like crap on the SDCC Lion-o. Has anyone tried swapping the arms and the legs? I'm wondering how difficult it would be. They obviously thought that figure would sell like hotcakes. It appears they overproduced by a lot, and they also overestimated what collectors would be willing to pay for it.

A great majority of my Thundercats stuff I got at reduced prices. I have at least one version of all the single pack 4-inch characters (some from the Target 4 pack), Grune deluxe, and 6 inch classic Lion-O and Mumm-Ra.

I completely despise that Target four pack. That is a rip-off. Guys are missing weapons, and you get cheated out of the great artwork on the individual cards. I'm a MOC collector, so that's a big deal.

I completely despise that Target four pack. That is a rip-off. Guys are missing weapons, and you get cheated out of the great artwork on the individual cards. I'm a MOC collector, so that's a big deal.
    It was $15 bucks and it got me Snarf as well as Tygra and lame mummy Mumm-ra that I didn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It was $15 bucks and it got me Snarf as well as Tygra and lame mummy Mumm-ra that I didn't have.

If you're happy with it, that's fine.

But I got Snarf for $10. He was included with the Thundertank. That's preferrable to that crap Mumm-ra figure who is missing one of his weapons. I would not be surprised if he eventually hits the $2-3 range. Probably could have got him for that price at the recent TRU buy 1, get 1 free sale.

Tygra can be picked up at K-mart right now for $5. In the end, you didn't really save any money in my opinion, and you missed out on a tank.

edit

I wish I could say that that Snarf looks good in the 4-pack since he isn't visible in the Thundertank box, but it's the opposite. He looks ridiculous; he's the same size as Mumm-ra
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; June 22, 2012 at 11:19pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    It seems to me that only the legs and arms looked like crap on the SDCC Lion-o. Has anyone tried swapping the arms and the legs? I'm wondering how difficult it would be. They obviously thought that figure would sell like hotcakes. It appears they overproduced by a lot, and they also overestimated what collectors would be willing to pay for it.
    For $40, I could have gotten Lion-O AND Tygra at retail and still had change left over. You're basically paying $40 for the vac-metal Sword of Omens and stand.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

If you're happy with it, that's fine.

But I got Snarf for $10. He was included with the Thundertank. That's preferrable to that crap Mumm-ra figure who is missing one of his weapons. I would not be surprised if he eventually hits the $2-3 range. Probably could have got him for that price at the recent TRU buy 1, get 1 free sale.

Tygra can be picked up at K-mart right now for $5. In the end, you didn't really save any money in my opinion, and you missed out on a tank.

edit

I wish I could say that that Snarf looks good in the 4-pack since he isn't visible in the Thundertank box, but it's the opposite. He looks ridiculous; he's the same size as Mumm-ra
    You don't live in the same city as me, so it is kind of hard to compare things. I'm not going to go to all the stores every single day either (this is not a line I am remotely a diehard fan of). Also, I'm a MOC collector. A tank in a box does me no good (also none of the tanks around here are going for $10 at any of the stores). I don't collect vehicles, anyways. I didn't have Snarf, Tygra, or mummy Mumm-Ra, so I thought it was a good deal for me.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I won't buy the 4" line. I think they're awful. I will only buy the 6" figures, when the whole team are announced. I will also only buy the classics when the whole team are announced.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"