Thread: Fantastic Four Movie Reboot Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior

I wish Disney bought back Fantastic Four from Fox

If this purposed new reboot isn't filming by this fall, i think Disney should consider to get back the rights as they are handling Marvel better than any other studio lately. I mean having Galactus and Dr Doom in The Avengers franchise would be awesome you know with some appearances by the FF.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

So do I. So does Disney no doubt. The more I hear about the new FF the more I don't want that to happen. If it fizzled how long before Fox loses the rights? Where do I need to send the ninja assassins?
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Yeah, sadly everything sounds terrible about the new reboot. I'm willing to give it a go... but besides Iron Man the FF are my favorite characters and to see them languish with Fox is sad.

I have no clue about the rights. There are all kinds of rumors about the fact that Fox had 7 years after the last film to start shooting the new movie or they'd lose rights, etc. But I've never seen those substantiated. If somehow true, I suppose that would hold here. Or maybe if it failed miserably Fox would be willing to let Marvel/Disney buy it back.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I have no clue about the rights. There are all kinds of rumors about the fact that Fox had 7 years after the last film to start shooting the new movie or they'd lose rights, etc. But I've never seen those substantiated. If somehow true, I suppose that would hold here. Or maybe if it failed miserably Fox would be willing to let Marvel/Disney buy it back.
    I believe this is true. Fox holds the FF and X-Men rights in perpetuity as long as they make a movie every "X" number of years. If they fail to do this, the rights then revert back to Marvel/Disney (as they did with Daredevil and Blade).

Unfortunately while Marvel and Sony have a very solid relationship (that makes both entities tons of money - but makes it unlikely Spider-Man is EVER back at Marvel), Fox doesn't have the same kind of relationship. Its been rumored that Fox has said they'd slap together a POS quick FF movie if needs be anytime the rights are in danger of reverting.

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    Dr. Doom should be the main antagonist in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with Galactus being the Supreme power that all heroes and villains rally against. Give me a proper Dr. Doom, please!

The Roger Corman Dr. Doom was better than that joke Julian McMahon portrayal.

This makes me sad.
    Last edited by Beastmangler; February 19, 2014 at 11:59pm.

I don`t want anymore reboots it screws continuity

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Fantastic Four Movie Reboot Discussion Thread

Umm, Houston we have a problem... I mean, come on, Jordan as Johnny Storm?? So let me guess, Sue isn't his sister in this? Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm? And Seth Grahame-Smith rewrote the script? The same guy who turned Dark Shadows into a debacle? Sweet Primus....

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/mi...ur-1201099921/
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior
    What if Disney got back rights? do you think Disney handles Marvel better?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    What if Disney got back rights? do you think Disney handles Marvel better?
    In all ways yes.... Honestly I enjoyed about 70-80% of the original 2 movies. but these rumors just sound like a trainwreck the likes I have never seen....

Regarding this casting... I'll believe it when I see a trailer.

I think Grumpy Cat says it best

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I have zero interest in the movie, and I'm a huge FF fan. Willing to be turned around, but this casting does not do that.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So far, this sounds like a bigger trainwreck than the Batman and Superman movie.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Well maybe we will be lucky and this movie bombs so bad that the rights go back to Disney.

I admit I want this to fail so Marvel gets the rights back, and that probably wouldn't happen even if this did flop because Fox won't want Disney to get it back and make more money with it. But if Marvel got the rights back they'd get the team, the Skrulls, Dr. Doom, the Negative Zone and I forget if they already got back Galactus and the Silver Surfer, but maybe them too!

But I don't like any of those casting choices even though I like all those actors. Mara's not awful as Sue, but if Bell became Johnny, Jordan became Reed, and Teller became Grimm...well, Teller still wouldn't work, but I'd be more excited than I am.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

The casting news certainly sounds like they told Trank to "just make anything, we only want to keep the rights, and if the poop you throw on the wall sticks, we'll go with it."

Heroic Warrior
    I also would like to Disney to get the rights back.