Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dredd 3D

Dredd 3D

Apparently this version is going to stay closer to the comics by having Dredd NOT remove his helmet to keep him mysterious

Not a fan of Judge Dredd and didn't really care for the Sly Stallone version but I have to admit this one looks like fun

discuss...
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Apparently this version is going to stay closer to the comics by having Dredd NOT remove his helmet to keep him mysterious

Not a fan of Judge Dredd and didn't really care for the Sly Stallone version but I have to admit this one looks like fun

discuss...
    Now see this is an example of a concept that was better saved for modern cinema advancements to do it proper justice (pun intended). As someone who is a pretty big fan of Dredd I'm pleased to see them finally take this series in a more serious direction as it should be- although it could just be me but does Dredd's helmet look a bit too big for his head?

Well I don't think it can be worse then the Stallone version, I am willing to give it a chance
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Do I even need to see it now? The trailer was the entire movie in compressed format.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

So... no Rob Schneider??? This leaps and bounds better than the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Do I even need to see it now? The trailer was the entire movie in compressed format.
    I said the same thing about Prometheus after I saw the two and a half minute international trailer. Pretty much spoiled the whole movie.

Hope it's dark and violent.

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    I'm gonna risk my rep by saying this but I didn't at all mind the Sly Stallone version... although CLEARLY they could have done a better job.

I am looking forward to this movie absolutely. Big Dredd/2000AD comics fan. Always thought Dredd as a character does deserve to be on the Big Screen.... actually so does Rogue Trooper. Thanks for the heads up on this.
    "Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger

It looks good but the Stallone movie wasn't that bad...Some people you can never please....

Who do you think they should get to play Rob Schneider's character?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Who do you think they should get to play Rob Schneider's character?
    Rob Schneider....He can do it!

I am reservedly excited. I've been following this project for a while. The trailer makes the movie seem a little "small" in scale but that's not necessarily a terrible thing. I have to say the look of it is better than I thought it might be from the behind-the-scenes stills. The set dressing seemed very plain and clean. But it looked good in the trailer so far.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I can't help but think the plot is more like Max Payne, with the female drug kingpin living in her well-guarded high-rise tower... which is more than I can say for the actual Max Payne movie.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Now see this is an example of a concept that was better saved for modern cinema advancements to do it proper justice (pun intended).
    Yeah, because back when they made the Stallone version, we didn't have the technology yet to keep a helmet on somebody for the full length of an entire movie!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

As bad as the Stallone Dredd is - I watch it ever time it's on TV.

This one looks good - maybe it's just me, but he comes across as Dredd on Valium. I've always pictured him as being more vocal - like a drill sergeant.

Either way, this one will get my money.

I actually didn't mind Judge Dredd, as I was unfamiliar with the comics, there were no expectations. Just a silly movie with a cool cyborg villain and some silly one liners. I rewatched it a few months back and honestly, it wasn't that bad.

Karl Urban in that costume is just walking sex for me.

Cool. This was filmed in Cape Town and Johannesburg. My brother-in-law was an on-set paramedic for the CT shoots. I had the chance to go on set but alas something else came up and I couldn't go
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I know that they are addicted to the CGI but I really hate the CGI and the digital coloring!
    I hope it will not have the Nolan's Batman syndrome and it will be a real Judge Dredd movie!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Yeah, because back when they made the Stallone version, we didn't have the technology yet to keep a helmet on somebody for the full length of an entire movie!
    I meant visual effects- the helmet thing was just pure vanity on the part of Stalone.

Master of New Adventures!
    I know I'm in the minoirty on this, but I absolutely loved Stallone's Dredd. Totally tongue-in-cheek and so much fun. I love it when action actors have the guts to parody themselves and poke fun at themselves as Arnold did in THE LAST ACTION HERO -- that scene when Maria tells Arnold not to plug Planet Hollywood all the time. And, of course the helmet in Stallone's Dredd was pure vanity. But it served two purposes -- satisfying Stallone's vanity and alloqing him to have some fun by poking himself with it. I think it's pretty cool when you can laugh at yourself, like when Burt Reynolds looks at himself in the mirror in SILENT MOVIE and says, "I just can't believe I'm Burt Reynolds!"

I thought Stallone's Dredd was just a fun movie that didn't take itself seriously. Yes, I like intelligent films that me think. But something I just want to kick back and enjoy my popcorn. Stallone's Dredd was like that. This new one? From the trailer it looks like another cookie-cutter action film to me. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; June 22, 2012 at 03:46pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I know I'm in the minoirty on this, but I absolutely loved Stallone's Dredd. Totally tongue-in-cheek and so much fun. I love it when action actors have the guts to parody themselves and poke fun at themselves as Arnold did in THE LAST ACTION HERO -- that scene when Maria tells Arnold not to plug Planet Hollywood all the time. And, of course the helmet in Stallone's Dredd was pure vanity. But it served two purposes -- satisfying Stallone's vanity and alloqing him to have some fun by poking himself with it. I think it's pretty cool when you can laugh at yourself, like when Burt Reynolds looks at himself in the mirror in SILENT MOVIE and says, "I just can't believe I'm Burt Reynolds!"

I thought Stallone's Dredd was just a fun movie that didn't take itself seriously. Yes, I like intelligent films that me think. But something I just want to kick back and enjoy my popcorn. Stallone's Dredd was like that. This new one? From the trailer it looks like another cookie-cutter action film to me. Just my opinion.
    Thanks Jack! Exactly point I was trying to make and at last Stallone's movie had character's from the comics this one does not why didn't they use Judge Death in this film????? That would work this Drug Lord woman....No..

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I meant visual effects- the helmet thing was just pure vanity on the part of Stalone.

I know what you meant, it was just a joke.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Thanks Jack! Exactly point I was trying to make and at last Stallone's movie had character's from the comics this one does not why didn't they use Judge Death in this film????? That would work this Drug Lord woman....No..
    Doesn't this movie have Judge Anderson?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    OK one judge what about the rest??

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    No. Judge Judy.

We're all forgetting a very important point about the Stallone Dredd movie.

DIANE LANE IN A SKINTIGHT OUTFIT!