Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dredd 3D

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    We're all forgetting a very important point about the Stallone Dredd movie.

DIANE LANE IN A SKINTIGHT OUTFIT!
    Yes that's true and a cool ABC Robot...

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    We're all forgetting a very important point about the Stallone Dredd movie.

DIANE LANE IN A SKINTIGHT OUTFIT!
    And brother, she can judge and discipline me any time she wants!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    No. Judge Judy.
    This comment combined with the above trailer made me think of this.....

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    No. Judge Judy.
    Ok now that would be awesome
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

That trailer was beyond awesome - can't wait to see this movie! I was a huge Judge Dredd fan when I was younger and to me Stallone's movie was a huge disappointment. This trailer makes it look like th new movie might do the character justice. J. Dredd is not PC - he's a guy who sends a teenaged kid into the cubes for years for littering or skipping school or an old lady who has forgot to pay her bills. I hope we'll see some of that merciless distribution of law in this movie!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I would be more interested in this... IF 2 things happenned...

1. this wasnt coming off as a Dredd - Megacity 1 version of Diehard 1 ...
    2. for FLIPPIN [ONCE] they got the costume CORRECT in a Dredd movie!!!

I'm looking forward to this film. Sadly, though, I think it will struggle to find an audience. The slow-mo sequences look very nice.

This could be good but it looks like it lacks alot of the characters from the other film...And why do people "hate" things when they don't even know if this film is going to be any better???

I guess I am one of the few people that doesn't go crazy if a movie is not 100% based off of comic book,video game or book and that any little discrepancy will make it "suck"

Stallone's film had more of the characters from the book and a better story we'll see with this and sorry but Judge Death would have been a better villian than Madeline Madrigal??? Really??

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    I said the same thing about Prometheus after I saw the two and a half minute international trailer. Pretty much spoiled the whole movie.
    That is why I stopped watching any Prometheus (and DKR) trailers back in March.

When it gets closer to Oct, I will stop watching and reading everything on Skyfall and Django Unchained.

As for this movie, meh, it looks like crap. In fact, it looks nothing like the comic. Judge Dredd is like Punisher, he does not work in movie form, so STOP TRYING!!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Judge Death would have been a better villian than Madeline Madrigal??? Really??
    I second that
    "Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Judge Dredd is like Punisher, he does not work in movie form, so STOP TRYING!!!
    Wrong! Punisher War Zone best Punisher adaptation on film beats those other two attempts at filmaking....

Master of New Adventures!
    Just watched the Stallone Dredd this afternoon and I gotta tell ya it really holds up, I thought it was entertaining and I had fun with it. I know a lot will slam it, but if you take it for what it is -- an over-the-top, a mostly tonuge-in-cheek, sci/fi semi-parody with pretty fair acting and a solid storyline -- then I think it's watchable. Pretty darn good action scenes, cool choppers, testerone overload, major pyrotechnics, a fabulous villain in Armand Assante as Rico and an ample dose of humor (something I find woefully missing in most films). And it's fun -- at least for me -- to watch Stallone mugging in a self-parody, giving his Rocky Balboa snarl. I think there've been a lot worse films out lately and I've a hunch if I saw this anew on the big screen that I wouln't walk out of the theater wishing I had our two hours back. Double-whammy, indeed.

Just my opinion, of course.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Wrong! Punisher War Zone best Punisher adaptation on film beats those other two attempts at filmaking....
    Just because it is the best does not make it good. Sure, it was the best, at being violent, that was about it. They forgot about a plot and character development in the process.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Just because it is the best does not make it good. Sure, it was the best, at being violent, that was about it. They forgot about a plot and character development in the process.
    I don't think he's that deep

I guess I am one of the few people that doesn't go crazy if a movie is not 100% based off of comic book,video game or book and that any little discrepancy will make it "suck"
    He was more of a bad ass and true to the character more than Thomas Jane or Dolph...

In a post apocalyptic future, America is a wasteland and we focus on one overpopulated city full of crime and run by gangs. The only hint of laws are the Judges, future cops who are judge, jury, and executioner, but can only cover 6% of an 800 million population.

The story simply covers Judge Dredd, a highly battle hardened cop and him assessing a failed trainee Judge Anderson, while on patrol. They go on a routine homicide call and get trapped under siege to a vicious gang lord that sells a mind altering drug. The entire movie is Judge Dredd and Anderson looking for a way out while being hunted in a massive tower block by an army of thugs.

I'm shocked at how great this movie was. I'm not Dredd comic fan or a fan of the Stallone movie, but this was Batman meets the Punisher. Karl Urban does a great job. He does the same Bale Batman voice, but makes it sound natural.

The movie is all business, brutal violence, straight to the point dialog, tons of action. The execution, no pun intended, is great and is ultimately what delivers this movie. I expected a soul less action movie based on the trailer, but it ranks up there with the recent Marvel films in entertainment.

See it.
    Last edited by SCB; September 21, 2012 at 09:21pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Brilliant movie, i saw it 2 times in theaters and thought it was an excellent adaptation of the comics and the best comic book movie of 2012 next to TDKR and Avengers.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.