Thread: LEGENDS OF THE FUTURE (Synopsis and Artwork)

LEGENDS OF THE FUTURE (Synopsis and Artwork)

I'm not sure how many of you guys actually look at this forum... but my latest book is coming together, and I wanted to see what you all thought about the overall concept - and also the artwork designs that Battle_Brak (from the forums) and I have put together for the new property.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.

Legends of the Future: Genesis of War

In a future where magical creatures co-exist with technology, not everyone is content to sit back and allow the world government to rule in peace. When the evil sorcerer, General Poten, discovers the hilt of a legendary sword, he resolves to find the lost city of Atlantis and re-forge the weapon - enabling him to use its power to control the ancient Army of Nyo Morult.

Raba Kane, head of a mysterious organization tasked with controlling the use of magic, believes that stopping Poten will require a powerful warrior. He knows just where to find such a hero… if only he can convince him to take up the mantle and give up a life of crime!

Here are a few of the main villains, courtesy of Battle_Brak and myself.

All constructive comments are welcome. So if you think something in either the synopsis or the artwork is unclear, or could be slightly better a different way... please do speak up. Conversely, if something really appeals to you, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter!

There's also an old blog on this subject and writing in general (that I'll be updating again fairly shortly). If that interests you at all, the address can be found on my He-man.org profile page (under Contact Info).
    Last edited by SirBushnell; September 15, 2009 at 10:54am.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I'm glad you posted these here Paul, but I'm shocked that there are no responses. C'mon guys what do you think?
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

sorry no one has proolly responed cause they are trying to pick their jaws off the ground...
    dude this are just amazing....
    i mean WOW
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I am a sucker for art work. I will look at ANYTHING if the art is good (to my liking) and dang, i would pick this up in a second. great work. now i have to go back and read the synopsis!! lol.

i to have a comic i have been working on. it is near submission, but i want to finish the website, and everything to make it look great before i start sharing!

good work guys, its nice to see others follow their creative thoughts!
    Last edited by TechTrek; September 16, 2009 at 11:18am.

Aaron (Battle_Brak) really is the best at what he does, I have no doubts about that. I think this project is really bringing the best out of him, and one day he'll be a legend and belong in my book himself!

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

It's coming...

Co-Creator of the NV
    Very awesome work!

As for the lack of responses, I think that might be because this forum isn't frequented as much as some of the others.

I don't check this forum out often enough. Those are awesome designs, and I really like the story - General Poten looks awesome!

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBushnell View Post
    Aaron (Battle_Brak) really is the best at what he does, I have no doubts about that. I think this project is really bringing the best out of him, and one day he'll be a legend and belong in my book himself!
    Everything is proceeding as planned bwahahahahahahahaha
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Very awesome work!

As for the lack of responses, I think that might be because this forum isn't frequented as much as some of the others.
    Yes that is the very reason I have not responded until now, the fact i rarely come in here.

But now that I have I must say i am very impressed with what I see but I must admit that I get a very Star Wars (Sith) vibe from these characters
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Cool concepts!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    But now that I have I must say i am very impressed with what I see but I must admit that I get a very Star Wars (Sith) vibe from these characters
    In a good or bad way?

Ideally, I'd like to evoke memories of Star Wars, He-man, and Lord of the Rings - obviously without copying them at all - because people who like those stories are my target audience. And these are, of course, the main villains... so Sith vibes might be a good thing.

But if it's too much, then telling me specifics would be very useful!

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

It's coming...

In a good way I would say as I have always liked the designs of the different Sith lords in Star Wars even tho I don't actually like Star Wars itself, but I don't wish to get off topic and discuss my dislike of that particular franchise

Your (and Battle-Braks) designs also remind me of the 80's MOTU film a little bit but then that reminded me of Star Wars...so yep a very good Star Wars vibe that I approve of from a design perspective (if not a fan of Star Wars one)
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Co-Creator of the NV
    I also got a Sith-lord vibe and like Wolf I think that's a very cool thing because they have great designs.

Thanks for the input so far, folks. It really is appreciated, because I want to see where we're headed and make sure that it's done right.
    Any more thoughts?

Also, would anyone be interested in my keeping this thread up-to-date with more and more information flowing through this section of the .org? There's plenty of stuff that we can show, and (of course) lots to read.
    I always think that gathering as many opinions as possible leads to a better end-result... but at the same time, I don't want to bore you with too much information about something which doesn't hold your interest!

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

It's coming...

Prime Warrior of Esgeal Mercury's Avatar
    This is the first time I visit this section of the forums, and I'm positively impressed with the art and concepts displayed here.

I want to see more of this story developed and more characters portrayed.

Awesome
    "It's better to burn out...
    ...than to fade away"

Kurgan in "Highlander" the movie

Co-Creator of the NV
    I hope we get to see some of the heroes soon

Looks cool. The story sounds interesting too, especially since the hero seems to be some kind of anti-hero which I always like. I too would like to see the good guys.

Thanks for all the support, guys.

I'll keep you all updated, so the .org will be one of the first places for updates with pictures and information.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

It's coming...

Awesome figure!! I like the design!

Can't believe I missed this thread! Great looking concept art there guys! Good stuff Brak! (I like the direction you took on your Commander Sek, different yet similar to the one I worked on The yellow works so well!)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    wow these are pretty awesome.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

You've attracted my curiosity. Please, show me more.

Im not seeing any pics
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Im not seeing any pics
    Me neither.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/