Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Snake Man-At-Arms Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Snake Man-At-Arms Video Review by Pixel Dan

The Snake Man-At-Arms review is here! Enjoy!

Any questions, just ask...even though you all probably have him already.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    yay.....

I think, you can even use that body for some Palace Guards variants ...

I agree, that Mattel did the right thing on this one with haring the fans. He sold out faster than Horde Prime!

Is the green from the arms/legs brighter as of the torso?
    Last edited by Berserker79; June 23, 2012 at 09:12pm.

Man, good for you Mattel! You really made this into an exceptional figure. Hopefully my sub will be here Monday and I'll get to enjoy him. I also have an extra Snake M-A-A so I can display a 200X M-A-A too. Just really impressed with how they mixed it up. Thanks also to whoever did that mock-up with the other parts. They ended up pushing this figure over the edge into greatness.

Cool! Bring on the Griffin review!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    so glad he was changed. very happy owning two smaa. to bad he didnt have the cannon or second head.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Excellent review of the new figures features P.D.! I VERY much appreciate the view of Snake Man at arms with the man at arms head for 200X collectors!

Thanks Again for another wonderful video review!

Thanks guys!

I was one of those people who was not at all happy with this figure when he was initially released. Just go back and listed to those Gooble episodes. But after getting the final figure in hand, I am thrilled with him! Mattel really did right by the fans on this one.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I know. I can't believe how much they turned this figure around! He's replaced the cardback MAA in my display.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Pixel Dan, good review.

In your review, you said the new parts on SMAA makes him looks 'teched out armor look.' By any chance, could you place the Military Vykron armor on SMAA? Just thought the Military armor on SMAA might be impressive. Thank you sir.

Usually Dan, you bring me down on one side of the fence or the other....and this time....I didn't have your review to make my choice, So I had to go with my gut....and I bought a SMAA, then I started seeing the pics as teh figures started to come in, and by dumb luck, I made the right choice, and he looks better than I thought. And with your review, I actually can't wait for him, the Snake head will go bye bye, but that's it, I just wish the armor was the same orange, because for one even the 200X MAA had a deeper orange than SMAA, It would have been perfect if it matched the original MAA, then my FIlmation MAA custom would be complete, because of the brown fur on the chest armor....but oh well, the black fur it is.

Even though this MAA looks nice, I still prefer the look of my Filmation custom, which was accomplished with some minor paint, original MAA & Palace Guard armor parts, and a Palace Guard buck.

But SMAA can use the non mustached head, and be a MAA special, Palace Guard experimental suit or something, because the Mustached head will be always reserved for the Filmation version.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I've pretty much decided that the first MAA is his younger self who helped Oo-Lar, while this version is his older self helping He-Man.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Looking back at the reactions he first got, I am relieved he turned out so well in the end, thanks to the updates.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I know. I can't believe how much they turned this figure around! He's replaced the cardback MAA in my display.
    I can't believe how cool this figure is either. 200x Classic MAA is so much better than the standard Classics one we already had, and I was completely happy with the first release. Stinkor, Kobra Khan, Shadow Weaver, and now 200x MAA are easily my favorite figures this year so far.

I'm shocked he's in my top 4, but he is.

Heroic Warrior
    Cheap reuse of parts. Nothing more to say. Personally, I'll pass.

Anyway... very nice review, Pixel Dan ! Thank you for taking your time and actually making a video, even though it comes after the day of sale.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    In your review, you said the new parts on SMAA makes him looks 'teched out armor look.' By any chance, could you place the Military Vykron armor on SMAA? .Just thought the Military armor on SMAA might be impressive. Thank you sir.

I second this request, Dan.
    Vykron's military stuff and head should look nice on that body. Although I'm afraid that the orange parts might not look so good...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Thanks guys!

I was one of those people who was not at all happy with this figure when he was initially released. Just go back and listed to those Gooble episodes. But after getting the final figure in hand, I am thrilled with him! Mattel really did right by the fans on this one.
    Hell yeah dude. Same thing occured with me.

I was definitely TAKEN FOR THE ASS when Snake Man-At-Arms first appeared in NY. Mattel listening to the fans really is a great thing when it happens. I wish they gave us more time to give input like this more often. As soon as I got him in hand, I was very impressed by his paint job/colors. I really dont care for the Snake head, but the rest of the stuff is great! The Snake Ring can go to King Hiss and now we got enough stuff to mess around with to make whatever is your prefered Man-At-Arms, just like with Adora, She-Ra, and Bubble Power She-Ra....with all that stuff you can make your own personal bomb She-Ra version.

A great Comparison Time segment here too. Not only do you see the differences between the original released Man-At-Arms, but also the 200x version comparison. That just proved to me how MOTUC just destroys the 200x figures. I prefer them so much more...and this is coming from a guy who has both a loose and MOC collection of nearly all of the 200x lien. I like these colors for a main, standard Man-At-Arms more. It's a waaaay better paint job.

Great review, Dan. Still enjoy em even when I actually already have the figure. Usually an official Pixel Dan MOTUC review helps everyone decide if they really want to buy a figure or not, but this was for pure entertainment and just reconfirmed how these figures just win you over once you see a close up review of them as well as having the figure in front of you....even if you were initially TAKEN FOR THE ASS !!!!

I kinda feel bad for hating on Snake Man-At-Arms so much now, but I can happily admit I was wrong.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Thanks for this video Dan!

Great work as usual! Enjoyed this video a lot because the figure has gotten a good amount of attention from the first time we saw it.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I love the head sculpt of the Snake MAA.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Thanks for the review Dan as UK collectors still don't have this guy yet. I'd still pass on this figure if it wasn't for the mini-comic.
    Why did they paint his hand yellow? The 200x figure wasn't like that
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Thanks for the review Dan as UK collectors still don't have this guy yet. I'd still pass on this figure if it wasn't for the mini-comic.
    Why did they paint his hand yellow? The 200x figure wasn't like that
    Take a closer look at the 200X-Prototype:

Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Yeah, I assume it was to be more like the prototype. I rather like it, too!

Thanks guys!!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Still a cheap repaint, but its the price for getting the minicomics.

Im not happy with this way of stealing my money with unrequested figures...

A gummy Snake Ring?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I did a complete 180 on this figure.

For a guy who sells all my subscription variants, largely without exception, it really says something that I decided to keep and display ol' snakey here. And I am thrilled I did.

Something about this figure just pops (Stinkor forearm references unintended). Plus for a variant, it's nice to actually receive a newly sculpted head.

And yes, Pixel Dan, did the original MAA have terrible joints or what? When I took him off the shelf today to compare to SMAA I couldn't even get him to stand again. Conversely SMAA has very tight joints and overall top notch QC.

Thanks for another great review Dan.

Bring on Spikor and Frosta! I hope Mattel gets your review figures to you in time for these two.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

What a mess of a figure, just a mish mash of parts to make a version of a character I already have.