Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Snake Man-At-Arms Video Review by Pixel Dan

Great review. I'm really looking forward to getting this guy - one as SMAA and one as my 200X MAA... of course with my regular clean shaven and moustache versions my MOTUC shelf is getting very Dunc-heavy.

Good work on review, Dan. So he's mace is not so soft than first Classics version of Him? If so. That's good. Also I am gonna put use first Classics moustache head on Him.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I'm so glad I got an extra snake maa so I can have one for the snakemen and a 200x version. Great review dan!!!

Great review, still not a fan of this release though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I second this request, Dan.
    Vykron's military stuff and head should look nice on that body. Although I'm afraid that the orange parts might not look so good...
    I third this.

Dan, please can you post a pic of the SMAA buck with the Vykron tank armour?

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    That just proved to me how MOTUC just destroys the 200x figures. I prefer them so much more...and this is coming from a guy who has both a loose and MOC collection of nearly all of the 200x lien.
    I'm with ya, black flowers puffer. I love the 200x line. I'd marry, have babies with and grow old with the 200x line. She's my true love. But then the seven year itch starts setting in and along comes this sleek, sexy new MOTUC line and she's looking kinda good you know? She's the most gorgeous toyline I've ever seen and my 200x are all looking kinda old and worn out and ... well... I'm no longer a one toyline kinda guy, if you catch my meaning.

Wait, this thread is about the Snake Man-At-Arms review... sorry... Great review, Dan!

Great reviews as always Dan!
    But I would like to know why some videos are HD like the Griffin and others not, like this one?
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

just glad I saw this, even though I had him in hand by the time it came out because...

I noticed but didnt really realize that the helmet was a new sculpt. I had noticed the new blue metalic detailing, and realized it was different looking...but to realize it was a new sculpt...

well, I checked, and yep, new line ridges around the top, and subtle sculpted ridges inside the side ...things. So 200x.

So, I took out the Snakeman face/head, and put in the mustachioed Duncan head. It is beautiful to say the least.

The last thing I needed for the 200x Duncan.

And I did that 200x gun arm too, since I dont use it on my actual 200x man at arms. Actually looking forward to the actual "classics" one now.

Thank you so much for the realization that the helmet sculpts really are different.

Just so good.

I have to say, the figure I received was flawless.

So Mattel can deliver a flawless figure. Tight joints, excellent paint application, etc.

I wish that all the figures turned out as well produced as Snake MAA was!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Looks good. I think this is a great re-use of parts. Now I hope they do the same thing for Meck-a-neck, who also had an armored look in the 200x series.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Thanks for the review Dan!

I bought one because of the minicomic.. I might use Duncan the younger -head on him and put him into Wind Raider.

..I just need to buy Wind Raider now
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I have to say, the figure I received was flawless.

So Mattel can deliver a flawless figure. Tight joints, excellent paint application, etc.

I wish that all the figures turned out as well produced as Snake MAA was!!
    Yeah, always on a figure that doesn't matter. I still prefer the first version we were shown. To me the Roboto/Trap Jaw parts look wrong. The armor looks great though and will work well on a custom.

This review seemed more like an ad than a review. Maybe Dan was just in an exceptionally good mood. But the 'sturdy plastic' explanation for the mace was an interesting choice. Maybe it seems sturdy next to the gummy serpent ring. That went from vac metal to chewing gum. Was the vac metal abandoned because it is put on such gummy plastic?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I think the figure looks good now, and I think Dan gives Mattel some credit it is due for actually re-working the figure after the uproar it's reveal caused. Taking fan concerns seriously and doing something about them when it's possible can help mend some fences. And this was a good example of how a good mix of existing parts can actually make a figure worth getting (the original would have been a hard sell even to a big Duncan fan like me). I know the Trappy parts aren't perfect, but they convey the idea well enough, and he's now distinct enough from the original to justify the 20 bucks. And I'm now actually thinking of leaving the snake head on him, as it does seem to have a really good sculpt on it.

I hope they remember all of this when putting together future quarterly figures....
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Yeah, always on a figure that doesn't matter. I still prefer the first version we were shown. To me the Roboto/Trap Jaw parts look wrong. The armor looks great though and will work well on a custom.

This review seemed more like an ad than a review. Maybe Dan was just in an exceptionally good mood. But the 'sturdy plastic' explanation for the mace was an interesting choice. Maybe it seems sturdy next to the gummy serpent ring. That went from vac metal to chewing gum. Was the vac metal abandoned because it is put on such gummy plastic?
    Call it an "ad" if you want. I was genuinly surprised at how well done this figure was. I hated the figure when it was originally revealed. But the changes that Mattel made to this guy in response to the fans really turned this figure into something worth buying, imo.

The mace is a sturdy plastic. It's not at all gummy like Catra's sword, for example. It's still a little soft, but it holds up fine. I can't bend and squish it in my hand like the Serpent Ring or some of the swords we've received.

The Serpents Ring wasn't going to be vac-metal. At one time, Mattel said they were looking into making it die-cast metal, but almost immediately said that they wouldn't be able to do that.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post

The Serpents Ring wasn't going to be vac-metal. At one time, Mattel said they were looking into making it die-cast metal, but almost immediately said that they wouldn't be able to do that.
    I'd imagine die-cast would have been way too expensive to implement given the price point for these guys. That would have been seriously cool though

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    @Dan:
    Don't want to seem impatient, but could you please post a picture (or two) of Vykron's military stuff and head (Tank-Top) on SMAA's body?
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Take a closer look at the 200X-Prototype:

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/..._0081_full.jpg
    Arrr right, thank for pointing that out mate
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I have to say that this figure managed to both impress me and dissapoint me to no end.

Mattel made lots of good changes. The figure looks really nice and does an excellent job of emulating the 200x design in the classics style. The figure is solid, the QC is great, the mace holds up well, and the paint is very good.

The thing that irks me to no end, though, is the fact that MAA has empty slots for weapons with nothing to fit in them. Nothing, and I mean nothing, irritates me more than when a figure includes empty slots, holsters, or sheathes, and yet includes nothing to go in them. To me, it is the ultimate example of a company's laziness/ cheapness/ utter disdain for their customers/ etc. I like the figure, but the fact that Mattel couldn't throw in something to fill those slots just sinks the figure for me. Had he included those weapons, and maybe an extra head, SMMAA could have been one of the best figures in the line.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I know it's not the same thing, but the gun has been released in a Weapon's Pak and I believe the other slot could be filled up easily too with some of those weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I know it's not the same thing, but the gun has been released in a Weapon's Pak and I believe the other slot could be filled up easily too with some of those weapons.
    The gun AND the small sword were in the WP.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Maybe the next Weapons Pak will have even more stuff that could work.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

would be awesome if you post a SMAA pictire with kevin kosse's 200x MAA custom head....

Hey Dan, if it's not too much trouble, could you take a pic of him with Vykron's millitary armor on? Thanks VERY much!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Maybe the next Weapons Pak will have even more stuff that could work.
    I hope so, too... The possibilities with regular MAA, Palace Guards and SMAA are endless

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    By any chance, could you place the Military Vykron armor on SMAA? Just thought the Military armor on SMAA might be impressive. Thank you sir.
    I second this request, Dan.
    Vykron's military stuff and head should look nice on that body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    I third this.
    Dan, please can you post a pic of the SMAA buck with the Vykron tank armour?
    @Dan:
    Could you please post a picture (or two) of Vykron's military stuff and head (Tank-Top) on SMAA's body?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Hey Dan, if it's not too much trouble, could you take a pic of him with Vykron's millitary armor on? Thanks VERY much!
    ...Dan?