Thread: My MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Re-Designs

Hybrid View

My MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Re-Designs

HE-MAN

MOSS MAN

SKELETOR

SPIKOR

As an artist in dire need of progression samples for his portfolio (and a dire need to get the hell out of call-center work) I wracked my brain with what to do to fill this gap, and figured what better way to tackle it than to put my own childhood memories to good use. With TRANSFORMERS, G.I. JOE and MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE to choose from, I figured why not choose that which really hasn't seen the most use in terms of being completely re-imagined during the resurgence of the same 3 lines.

I plan on re-designing all of the basic figures that were released during the original 80's line (no BATTLE ARMORS or THUNDER PUNCHES here) so this will be going for a while. Not to mention I may throw in my re-interpretations of CASTLE GRAYSKULL, SNAKE MOUNTAIN and the FRIGHT ZONE (possibly even the SLIME PIT), so yeah I'll be doing this for a while
    Last edited by Obelisk666; March 3, 2013 at 06:28pm. Reason: Add He-Man
    My MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE RE-DESIGN post: click it because you know you wanna

Heroic Warrior
    I like spikor. He looks neat.

Both look great.

I like the techniques you use.

I think the greens on Moos-Man are to bright. I really like his belt buckle and the mace.

Spikors armor is awesome and i like that he slobbers Great little detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Both look great.

I like the techniques you use.

I think the greens on Moos-Man are to bright. I really like his belt buckle and the mace.

Spikors armor is awesome and i like that he slobbers Great little detail.
    Thank you, even especially for the constructive criticism The greens on Moss Man, when I was working on him, were a lot darker. I guess I just cranked them up a bit too high For Moss Man's club I figured since I was going with a more monk-like version, he didn't need the classic club, but I didn't want to forsake the image of it completely so I turned it into a walking stick with a little extra.

As for the slobbering Spikor, well, he is a villain and a monster, it just didn't feel right having him slobberless. Didn't want to go VENOM-esque with him slobbering, so a little dribble seemed apprpriate

I can dig it!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Spikor is fantastic! I love to see redesigns.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I like spikor. He looks neat.
    Thank you