Thread: No one has seen issue 3 of the 2012 mini comics

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar

No one has seen issue 3 of the 2012 mini comics

He-Fans,

In the last few days I have been bombared by PM's and emails asking why we would let a fan see pages from the 3rd issue of the mini comic (coming with Dragon Blaster Skeletor in Sept!). I reached out to Wellinton personally and to clarify, he has NOT sold or shared pages from the 3rd issue with anyone outside of Mattel and DH comics. Anyone claiming different is misleading the fan community.

It is true that a few pages from issue 2 were put up for sale back in the winter. This was due to a miscommunication with the artist. Most comic books go to print 2-4 months after being drawn. With these 3 mini comics, they were writen, drawn and printed over a year ago and the artist mistakenly thought enough time had passed that he could start selling art. Once we reached out to him to clarfiy they wouldn't be packed in with figs for many more months he removed the auctions etc...

So while a few penciled pages from issue 2 did get out their, no pages or content from issue 3 has. If anyone says different it is not true.

Thanks for your concern!

Scott

thanks for the clarification TG!
    Seems like certain "fans" like to go too far to be on the spotlight...

Cannot wait for issue 3!
    Thanks!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Thank you for clarifying this. We've been hearing a lot of speculation. Personally, I'd rather be surprised about the third comic.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Thanks Scott! Much appreciated.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Just for the record, at the end of last year, (maybe around November time?) I started a topic titled something like "Mighty Spector = Galactic Protector = Timeline Connector?" in which I "claimed" to have seen the last page from the 3rd mini comic, and that it introduced Flipshot and Hydron. I also "claimed" that this minicomic came with New Adventures Skeletor. The thread got closed down before I had a chance to admit it was all lies, done purely for a joke, based on my speculation (I still thought it was gonna be NA Skeletor though!...but I was completely wrong!!!!)
    I don't think that thread is what is being refered to here though. I think it is likely VertigoInk's claims again...but I just thought I'd clear that up!

So, long story short....I ain't seen no 3rd issue, and I ain't got no clue what's in it! (tho I hope some NA connection as the conclusion....but I'm probably wrong!)
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; June 25, 2012 at 06:36pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

I've seen Issue 3.

In it, the Mighty Agent Spector marries She-Ra & they have a baby called Dear.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I know someone who has a SUPER TOP SECRET issue #4!!!

I never read into anyone's attention ***** gossip anyways...
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I've seen Issue 3.

I would be surprised if She-Ra is even in issue#3, let alone have a speaking part.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post

I never read into anyone's attention ***** gossip anyways...
    It's not even gossip, it's educated guesses, most of which keep getting proved wrong, followed by a lot of backtracking.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    He-Fans,

In the last few days I have been bombared by PM's and emails asking why we would let a fan see pages from the 3rd issue of the mini comic (coming with Dragon Blaster Skeletor in Sept!). I reached out to Wellinton personally and to clarify, he has NOT sold or shared pages from the 3rd issue with anyone outside of Mattel and DH comics. Anyone claiming different is misleading the fan community.

It is true that a few pages from issue 2 were put up for sale back in the winter. This was due to a miscommunication with the artist. Most comic books go to print 2-4 months after being drawn. With these 3 mini comics, they were writen, drawn and printed over a year ago and the artist mistakenly thought enough time had passed that he could start selling art. Once we reached out to him to clarfiy they wouldn't be packed in with figs for many more months he removed the auctions etc...

So while a few penciled pages from issue 2 did get out their, no pages or content from issue 3 has. If anyone says different it is not true.

Thanks for your concern!

Scott
    Thanks. Didn't know that there was rume-ors out about ish #3

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I've seen Issue 3.

Awww come on! If you are going to give out spoi-lors please use the spoi-lor box.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Wait! There wasn't going going to be a 4th. Has something changed?

I know that the April 15th 2015 figure will finally be Ram Man....so HA on that as well....Dare I say I also brought one of him back with me?
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 25, 2012 at 08:04pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Scott that's cool that you're trying to manage expectations but this simply isn't true. Apparently the information I was posting was a little too close to being correct so I was asked to please not spoil or post things from the issue and I'm more than willing to do that. What I will not do, however, is have people disparage me claiming that people don't own any of the pages when they clearly do. I have no beef with you Scott but the whole calling people liars thing is not the best way to foster good relations with the fan base- and I've not shared ANYTHING about the issue up until now. In the future perhaps things could be handled in private which would foster a better rapport instead of posting this on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    In the future perhaps things could be handled in private which would foster a better rapport instead of posting this on the forum.
    You would probably do well to heed your own advice.

Alright, going to lock this one up for now.