Thread: Lou Scheimer headed to San Diego Comic Con 2012

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar

Lou Scheimer headed to San Diego Comic Con 2012

Comic Con schedule for Thursday (July 12):

11:00-12:00 Filmation and Lou Scheimer: Celebrating a Generation of Animation and TV Heroes

One of the most successful and groundbreaking television animation studios was Filmation, whose productions shaped Saturday mornings and daytime syndication from the 1960s to the 1980s. From Superman, Batman, and Aquaman to The Archies, from Fat Albert and the Groovie Goolies to the live-action Shazam! and Isis series, up to the groundbreaking He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, She-Ra Princess of Power, Ghostbusters, and Bravestarr, Filmation created the shows that entertained and educated a generation. Making his final convention appearance is Filmation founder Lou Scheimer, who will reminisce about nearly 30 years of animation magic. Appearing with him are author/animator Darrell McNeil (Hero High, Shazam, Tarzan and the Super 7) director/writer/animator Tom Tataranowicz (He-Man, She-Ra, Bravestarr), and other guests. Bestselling author and documentary director Andy Mangels moderates this celebration of the studio that saved American animation in the 1970s and 1980s and show exclusive clips of never-before-seen Filmation footage. Plus, you can get a sneak peek at the September 2012 book release from TwoMorrows, Lou Scheimer: Creating the Filmation Generation, co-written by Scheimer and Mangels. Room 23ABC

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Wow! Very cool!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior
    Aww! No fair! I can't afford to go to the San Diego Comic-Con!

Awesome!!
    I'll be there!!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

note it said making his FINAL convention appearance.....I wish I could be there but alas it wasn't in the cards. Very cool for those attending!

Hopefully never-before-seen footage from He-Man & She-Ra.

Master of DVD Documentaries Andy Mangels's Avatar
    Hope to see many of you there.
    Lou will have signings on Thursday and Friday at both the TwoMorrows booth (which will be showing previews of the upcoming book) and a site that will be selling Filmation cels.
    Best,
    Andy Mangels
    www.andymangels.com
    visit my site to see lots of cool He-Man, She-Ra, and Filmation DVD goodies!

AWESOME! If you can make it to this, DO IT!!! I can't make it to SDCC this year, but saw him at the MOTU DVD panel back in 2006 and got to meet him and get his autograph, and it was an excellent and truly memorable experience!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I really hope someone uploads a video of this. I really whanna watch it
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

From fanboysoftheuniverse.com:

As a child of the 80s, I couldn’t pass up the chance to see Lou Scheimer in person at the Filmation and Lou Scheimer: Celebrating a Generation of Animation and TV Heroes panel. What kind of person would I be today if I hadn’t gotten my daily dose of moral fiber from He-Man and She-Ra, courtesy of Filmation? The crowd clearly loved Mr. Scheimer and his work, so when moderator Andy Mangels revealed that Lou is currently battling Parkinson’s disease, and Lou quipped, “Battling? I’m losing!” you could feel the heartbreak in the audience. At that point, I think everyone just wanted to tell him how much his work has meant to all of us over the years. There’s never enough time in this things to really get the kind of details you want, but the panel of Filmation collaborators shared several stories about the creative, but budget-impaired years at Filmation. As one panelist said, “Lou stretched every penny, just to keep animation jobs in the US.” The panel ran a little long, so there wasn’t time for audience questions, which I think may have been a good thing. I don’t think I could have handled the emotions. Andy Mangels has a book coming out in September, Lou Scheimer: Creating the Filmation Generation, that should answer all the questions I’ve ever had about Filmation, so I’m looking forward to that.
    Sad to hear about Lou's health.

Yeah I think many of us figured that is why he was not doing them anymore.

Parkinsons and the associated memory issues and just wear on the body is a horrible thing for someone to have to endure. I am glad so many got to see him this time though
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Thanks, Dan!

Master of DVD Documentaries Andy Mangels's Avatar
    Glad this was recorded for posterity - thanks for posting Dan!
    Best,
    Andy Mangels
    www.andymangels.com
    visit my site to see lots of cool He-Man, She-Ra, and Filmation DVD goodies!