Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If a "current" character was to die as part of the ongoing story, who'd you choose?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

If a "current" character was to die as part of the ongoing story, who'd you choose?

Happy Easter one and all.

Kinda tying in to this thread for suggestions for a plot twist to shake up the current canon, but from from a slightly different angle...
    If a "current" character was to die (as in, permantly - no heading off to find some mystical gauntlet to bring them back to life or whatever), who would you choose?

When I say "current", I'm terming that as someone in the 'now' time of the MOTU-universe. Ie. not the likes of He-Ro or King Grayskull, etc., who are long gone, or indeed any of the future "space" characters.

As well as the probable "I'd like to see xxxx die cos they were a rubbish figure" posts there'll probably be more serious ideas will also be interesting. Which character, or the A or B listers, would make an exciting death that would really give another chapter to the ongoing story unfolding (supposedly, ahem) on the bios?

~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    What if PD He-Man was to die in the past, changing the future. that would be interesting.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Yeah, can we just avoid the all-too-obvious "Spector" nominations? Booooooring.

I'd nominate Duncan, honestly. Perhaps he redeems himself, becoming human again, and sacrifices himself to save his friends.

Otherwise, I think the most logical choices would be Randor, Stratos, Queen Angella, or even Casta. (Shadow Weaver, for that one, of course.)

Perhaps even one of the brash upstarts like Flipshot would work.

Snout Spout would just be sad.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Stratos' death would impact the heroes pretty hard IMO. or Bow on the PoP side
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Star Sisters are decapitated by Mer-Man.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think MAA will be rescued. I would have like Zodac or Stratos die for drama's sake. It would a
    So be more emotional if He-man loses Battle Cat.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Can I go with Hordak?

Teela.

It would be shocking for fans & the characters alike.

Infact, I'm shocked & saddened at even suggesting it. So yeah, definately Teela.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Master of New Adventures!
    THE SCIENTISTS FROM NA! THE SCIENTISTS FROM NA!

Please -- die, just die!

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post

Please -- die, just die!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Please -- die, just die!
    Make it happen, Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Make it happen, Jack.

And then Olesker does the deed...on his own creations. He offs all three of the NA scientists and "then he shows these men of will what will really was... He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they live in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. Nobody has ever seen him since. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night."

Okay, okay. So I borrowed that from THE USUAL SUSPECTS. It just seemed to fit.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; April 8, 2012 at 06:08pm.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    And then Olesker does the deed...on his own creations. He offs all three of the NA scientists and "then he shows these men of will what will really was... He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they live in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. Nobody has ever seen him since. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night."

Best NA script I've ever heard of!!!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Can I go with Hordak?
    You can, of couse, but it's already enstabilished, since Optik's bio was made known, that the old bat-squid face bites the dust at Skeletor's hands.
    I guess they mean someone unexpected.
    Orko, maybe? Could sacrifice his life saving a member of the royal family, or maybe helping Duncan revert to normal.
    Cant nominate any pop ladies, as I dont really know them or their names.
    I recently got to know frosta (heroic o villain?), but i cant really hate her much, i'm kind of neutral to her.
    I do remember, however, the harpy from the movie...yeah, kill her off, just for the sake of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Best NA script I've ever heard of!!!
    NOW you tell me!

I thought there were 4 of them... (I'd just kill Alcon and call it a day...)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Any one of the second tier heroes or villains would be ok with me, i.e., Moss Mam, Syclone, Buzz-off, Fisto, Rio-Blast, and the villains Webstor, Kobra Kahn, Stinkor, Jitsu, Two-Bad. Also second tier POP too, Flutterina, Peekablue, Spinerella, Mosquitor, (sorry Dan), Modulok.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Maybe Randor...(?)

If they kill of Ram Man, do they still have to make a fig of him?

I think Jar jar must die in a horrible death something like smashed by a ATTE....oh no! that was star wars!...coming back to Eternia I think Orko may die in a magical way, something like Evil Lynn discovers an ancient spell to eradicate He-man forever but Orko tries to absorb it but he canīt and then begins to disappear. Another story could be that Snout spout had a fight with Ramman. First they walk in the sunny garden of the city and they saw BGTeela in her barbarian bikini, both decide to fight for her love and in the struggle Snout spout trump results broken (just like in the real world!). Then he kills himself because he is more depressed than ever without his main weapon. Finally Teela decides that Man-e-faces is all that she needs Man-Robot-Monser 3 in one! And Ramman smashed his head without helmet in the very door of grayskull where the Man-e/Teela Wedding is performed by Sorcerres herself! Fin

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Just think of the possibilities in how many ways you can kill unmighty spector by traveling through time.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Stratos' death would impact the heroes pretty hard IMO.
    I agree with this and pick Stratos. Then his (newly introduced) son can take up his name in honor of his father, as a young warrior for the Masters.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Marlena. Bitten by king hiss. Who in turn is killed by he-man. That's 2 deaths full of drama and consequences!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

I'm kinda bending the rules here

I would pick Icarius and Hydron wherever they are "currently"
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Story-wise, He-Man's death would have the most impact. Not Adam's death, mind you...just He-Man's. Like, loses the sword or Grayskull is destroyed or something. Whatever cuts off the power source.

What kind of man would Adam be without He-Man? That's interesting.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!