Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.82!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.82!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 82 questions!

This round of questions were selected by He-Dad.
    Thanks to those fans for their help!

-------------------

1. facet: In regards to Evil Robot, the Prototype that was shown in '85, are the horsemen allowed to update it in Classics, and if he were to be made which faction would he with? The horde or the evil warriors?

Yes, we have full access to this concept fig. If and when it will wind up in the line is yet to be revealed!

2. He-Dad: Are there any plans or possibilities for more mini-comics to be released with the classics figures once part three of "The Powers of Grayskull" has been released?

The mini-comics are a welcome addition and it would be cool to see more that tie into the Classics canon. Right now no. The three we did for 2012 were through a one time grant from the design group for the 30th. We don't have the funding to keep this going long term.

3. grenadaspice: With new media coming out in July in the form of the new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe mini-series from DC Comics, what are the possibilities of a new retail line of MOTU figures based on the comic book designs from Philip Tan? And if Mattel doesn't want to go that route, and since these redesigns fall under the DC Comics umbrella, could DC Direct put out this toyline on their own with Mattel's permission?

There is no retail line planned at this time for MOTU. DC Direct will not be putting out a line. If there was a line based on the DC comic it would be from Mattel.

4. Robaczek: As the rise in the cost of raw materials happened after the subscriptions took place, you shifted part of this increase to day-of-sale buyers. Now that you are planning a rise of price to accomodate the still rising costs, will the day-of-sale prices still be higher than the suscriptions or will they be equal?

Yes, day of prices will be higher for all items in 2013. You will save money by subscribing.

5. Toymaker & Adol: Not long ago, DC Universe Classics Wave 5, a WalMart exclusive, was sold on Mattycollector.com. What made this a possibilty? And based on that, will it be possible to offer some or all of the DCUC vs. MOTUC 2-Packs Which were exclusive to Toys R Us on MattyCollector? There are many of us that would like to be able to obtain Battle Armor Faker without the expense of resorting to eBay. I know that in the past you have said that this is not possible as you are not wanting to step on Toys R Us' toes. But would it now be possible to get the 2-pack re-paints as single carded figures? Toys R Us are no longer selling these, so you would not be taking sales away from them, and it would give international fans and US fans not fortunate enough to get them the first time a new chance to get these figures.

Reissues like this are handled on a case by case basis with at least a 2 year window from original release. Currently there are no plans to go back into production on Battle Armor Faker.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 84!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 42.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 43.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 44.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 45.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 46.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 47.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 48.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 49.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 50.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 51.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 52.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 53.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 54.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 55.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 56.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 57.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 58.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 59.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 60.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 61.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 62.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 63.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 64.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 65.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 66.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 67.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 68.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 69.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 70.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 71.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 72.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 73.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 74.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 75.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 76.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 77.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 78.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 79.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 80.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 81.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 82 questions!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Oh boy@ Day of sale prices.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Kinda blows on the Battle Armor Faker reissue, considering you couldn't even find it in most TRU stores, and some on the secondary market are just too ridiculous with the price percentile increase!

And I don't see what the problem would be if it made it into a variant slot cause it could save money for the year since it would only be a new sku with almost absolutely no cost in tooling since he's already made; unless they Horsemen would hook it up with a new battle damaged head????

But I guess it sounds like that maybe it would be a wait time of 2 years before it can be really explore....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Well it's too bad that they don't have the funding for the mini comics....it would be cool. Even if they were just print versions of the digital comics but I guess if I have to choose between Ram Man and paper, I'll stick with the $.99 download

DC direct retail figures would have been cool. A less expensive varient alternative to having the redesigns take up MOTUC slots if they come to fruition.

Figured the DOS would be higher but there is always wishfull thinking right?! Hopefully it doesn't hit the $30 range per figure.

It's a shame about the TRU Varients. Our TRU has had He-man and Skeletor which sold out and now they've had stratos and merman packs forever (had 3 of each on the shelf when I was there yesterday actually)....and thats it. They never had Faker, Zodak, or She-ra. Also, I don't care for the DC characters so I would rather pay for one character on Matty than 30 bucks for one I want and one I have no use for.

Finally I hope they make evil robot and I hope he is an evil warrior and not the horde so that he doesn't take a POP slot and besides, he looks like something Tri-Klops would make more than a Hordak creation. The Horde already has Blast Attak anyway.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    What was that sound I just heard? Oh, I believe it was all the "Cherry Pickers" putting their money in their piggy banks and not Mattel's hands. Mattel: allergic to success.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

Yes, we have full access to this concept fig. If and when it will wind up in the line is yet to be revealed!
    Hmmmm...Subtle hint mayhaps??
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    What was that sound I just heard? Oh, I believe it was all the "Cherry Pickers" putting their money in their piggy banks and not Mattel's hands. Mattel: allergic to success.
    Isn't that the truth? It seems to me that these Q&A sessions are a good way for Mattel to gauge what the customers want and all they do is shoot down most of it. People want Battle Armor Faker. Nope. People want more mini-comics. Nope. People want quality figures for the price (which keeps going up and up) instead of figures and accessories made of cheap garbage that bends and breaks at the slightest provocation. Nope. People want Mattel to get rid of Digital River and employ competent and respectful customer service. Nope. People want a few more A-list characters instead of made-up characters and/or one-off obscure variants (umm....Battleground Teela or Temple of Darkness Sorceress?!). Nope.

I could go on and maybe I'm just speaking for myself (even though I've seen every one of those issues mentioned) but I know I'm just beating a dead horse.
    Last edited by Captain Wow; July 3, 2012 at 02:37am.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, day of prices will be higher for all items in 2013. You will save money by subscribing
    ANY opportunity is good for TG to try to sell his poor sub ! But there's no way that I'll take the swindly subscription ! And since day of sales prices will be higher, I guess I'll have to be pickier about the figures that I buy. Since the end of 2011, there are figures that I passed, and it went on in 2012. I guess I'll have to pass on figures in 2013 as well...

More limitations and more bad news with these answers. This sad trend has been going on since the end of 2011. Well, let's see the positive side, though : at least, we got some real answers this time around !

About the comics question: this specific question had already been answered before ! Could we try to avoid asking the same questions again and again ? Last month, it was about "cross-line figures" (Blackstar, Bravestarr), and that question had already been answered very clearly before. This month, it's about the mini-comics, and that question had been answered very clearly before as well... Let's avoid wasting questions, PLEASE !
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 3, 2012 at 03:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    ANY opportunity is good for TG to try to sell his poor sub ! But there's no way that I'll take the swindly subscription ! And since day of sales prices will be higher, I guess I'll have to be pickier about the figures that I buy. Since the end of 2011, there are figures that I passed, and it went on in 2012. I guess I'll have to pass on figures in 2013 as well...

More limitations and more bad news with these answers. This sad trend has been going on since the end of 2011. Well, let's see the positive side, though : at least, we got some real answers this time around !

About the comics question: this specific question had already been answered before ! Could we try to avoid asking the same questions again and again ? Last month, it was about "cross-line figures" (Blackstar, Bravestarr), and that question had already been answered very clearly before. This month, it's about the mini-comics, and that question had been answered very clearly before as well... Let's avoid wasting questions, PLEASE !
    In all fairness, I asked the question a couple weeks ago....it takes a couple weeks to get the answers. In the time we were waiting it was answered on the Matty site but by then it was too late to change it.

Heroic Warrior
    Raising the price again? If I end up not getting a sub I'll probably have to cherry pick off ebay. You can get them pretty cheap when people stop collecting. At least I have the main characters already. I hope they reduce the number of figures their selling per year. This line is getting too expensive.

I'm glad subscribers will receive a lower sale price than day of sale. As fans we need to see Matty do all possible to sell subscriptions and lock in the future of this wonderful MOTUC line! I say this both as a subscriber but also as someone who frequently buys day of sale for extra heads, army building, etc.

Some good answers this month.

I can wait for a BA Faker re-issue. If they do re-issue him for a single MOTUC card, I hope he comes in the Leo Faker design, so fans can customise.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Finally I hope they make evil robot and I hope he is an evil warrior and not the horde so that he doesn't take a POP slot and besides, he looks like something Tri-Klops would make more than a Hordak creation.
    I'm not sure why Evil Robot as a member of the Evil Horde would take away a POP slot. To my memory he wasn't featured in any POP cartoon episodes or media. Wasn't he a MOTU Horde prototype for the MOTU line?

Scorpia, Shadow Weaver, Octavia and Horde Prime are considered POP characters because that is the media they were featured in - the She-Ra cartoon and associated media.

If anything, I suspect Evil Robot would steal a slot as a prototype figure.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    The Horde already has Blast Attak anyway.
    Actually, depending on whether you support the a) mini-comic canon or the b) card back cross-sell / Star Comics canon, Blast-Attak was either a) a mindless ticking-bomb Snake Men robot or b) a ruthless evil warrior serving Skeletor. I support the card back version of events.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'm glad that subscribers will receive a lower price. That's the way it SHOULD be.

Subscribers keep this line alive.

If Day-If buyers are going to abandon what little they buy based an a few dollars difference, I doubt it will have too big an effect.

I think cherry pickers may have an unrealistic perception of their value to Mattel. That's not a swipe at cherry pickers.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'm glad that subscribers will receive a lower price. That's the way it SHOULD be.

If Day-If buyers are going to abandon what little they buy based an a few dollars difference, I doubt it will have too big an effect.

I think cherry pickers may have an unrealistic perception of their value to Mattel. That's not a swipe at cherry pickers.
    Its the plain truth though, subs are the baseline for the budget. Day of sales are like the candy bars at the register, what they bring in is highly welcome but its put there for impulse/selective buyers.

That is not knocking the people who do not sub, lord knows there are a lot of reasons not to.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

You speak truth.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

And we got another mini comic.....good sunrise... keep em coming!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app