Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: He-man & The Masters of the Universe #1 - DC Comics - SPOILERS

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    We haven't gotten to issue two with Teela yet and already everyone is speculating about 1001 different things. Thats fine, however lets not get our knickers in a knot just yet over things we dont know.
    We know that the first issue was not good.

That's something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post

Good story but I like Val and MVCreations comic art work much better.
    I almost made this my Facebook status after reading it!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    Lets not forget to credit Santalucia and Failla for MVC 200x as well

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Good story but I like Val and MVCreations comic art work much better.
    I agree; the MVC folks (Emiliano included prominently, of course) got me into the stories and the characters right away. I'm a character guy first and foremost, and if you can't get me to care about the main character of the story in a whole issue, you've basically failed completely. I didn't get to know this Adam, or why he was haunted by the possibilities he saw in his dream. I don't know why his world is so horrible as he thinks to himself. I didn't get in his head even though I was hearing his thoughts. If I didn't know right now he was He-Man, I'd have no connection to him at all. A lot of that was the stilted self-dialogue, but there were missed opportunities to see more of who Adam is. Show him helping the woman we saw and interacting with her. Show him taking his wood wherever he sells it and maybe see his reaction to the despair of the people under Skeletor's rule. Show us something other than a bunch of bland self-dialogue that does nothing to make him an interesting character.

It would have been far more compelling and convincing if Beastman had attacked him because Skeletor could feel He-Man returning, and then he ventured forth on his quest to find the answers to why he could beat the furball and has these dreams. Just having the dreams and seeing a bird he knows was extremely weak and outright boring. There was no moment when your emotions were hooked and you became invested in Adam or what was happening to him. Without that, the story is irrelevant, because I don't really care what happens to this guy.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Lets not forget to credit Santalucia and Failla for MVC 200x as well
    You're forgetting the best - Enza Fontana. You could always tell when it was Enza because of the beautiful dynamic flow the characters had. I don't think she ever got the cheers she deserved!

Personally I love seeing different art interpretations of our favorite property. Gotta spice it up with some variety!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I like Val and MVCreations comic art work much better.
    Those were the days ... can't believe that's nearly 10 years ago now, seems like only yesterday I was going 'round the comic store after classes, hoping to find said gems.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I agree; the MVC folks (Emiliano included prominently, of course) got me into the stories and the characters right away. I'm a character guy first and foremost, and if you can't get me to care about the main character of the story in a whole issue, you've basically failed completely. I didn't get to know this Adam, or why he was haunted by the possibilities he saw in his dream. I don't know why his world is so horrible as he thinks to himself. I didn't get in his head even though I was hearing his thoughts. If I didn't know right now he was He-Man, I'd have no connection to him at all. A lot of that was the stilted self-dialogue, but there were missed opportunities to see more of who Adam is. Show him helping the woman we saw and interacting with her. Show him taking his wood wherever he sells it and maybe see his reaction to the despair of the people under Skeletor's rule. Show us something other than a bunch of bland self-dialogue that does nothing to make him an interesting character.

It would have been far more compelling and convincing if Beastman had attacked him because Skeletor could feel He-Man returning, and then he ventured forth on his quest to find the answers to why he could beat the furball and has these dreams. Just having the dreams and seeing a bird he knows was extremely weak and outright boring. There was no moment when your emotions were hooked and you became invested in Adam or what was happening to him. Without that, the story is irrelevant, because I don't really care what happens to this guy.

As usual, you really hit the nail on the head with this critique.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    We know that the first issue was not good.

That's something.

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -

Says u I actually enjoyed the first issue.

MV. Creations was good then but this is now and that creative team isn't on the comic so I don't like to compaire them
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I actually DO see it as something that makes logical sense for battle; they don't wear it to attract men, they wear it to distract men.
    That makes sense when it's worn by an amazon woman who has to rely soley on her hand-to-hand combat skill and other physical abilities. As Teela is now a sorceress with vast magical powers, I don't think the bikini is an appropriate look for her to adopt at this point.