Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: He-man & The Masters of the Universe #1 - DC Comics - SPOILERS

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I got it. Brick and mortar LCBS might not be open today, but if you know of comic book stores in the mall, they are open.

One thing threw me...a bedridden Randor is asking about eating on the good china...can they say that on Eternia?

I was wondering if the old woman that is taking care of him is Marlena? Too bad her name isn't revealed.

I liked the Beast Man fight. Although it wasn't easy, even without the Power of Grayskull, Adam can defeat him. Beast Man isn't too bright either, as shown on the last page when Skeletor asks him to spread the word that Adam must be stopped. I wonder if the series will show us Adam growing into He-Man and going through Beast Man, Trap Jaw, Mer-Man, Tri-Klops, Evil-Lyn and finally Skeletor? An Evil Warrior focus every issue?

Another question is why is it of any consequence if Adam is starting to remember? Adam isn't a warrior and supposedly can't do anything (but he beat Beast Man), but maybe this non-cartoonish Skeletor isn't going to take the chance that Adam will start reminding the right people who they are.

Next issue is Teela! That ought to be very interesting...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    This week's DC Comics are now on Comixology. Time to get the digital copy!

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I am so happy to see a new Masters of the Universe comic on the shelves of comic stores! As far as this issue goes, it is sssoooooo much better than I feared after seeing that horrible painted work a few weeks ago. And as someone mentioned before me, I too did not want this to end. I was a little surprised that Adam managed to KO Beastman, but he did do it in a very clever manner.

The artwork could have been better, but then, it was far from terrible. There were a few really nice panels, such as the one that showed Snake Mountain in the background over the forest.

As far as the changes to the characters appearances, I find that I do not mind them so much anymore. I certainly prefer the original looks, but the changes are not so drastic that they are unrecognizable. I am curious though of just how they will make Evil Lyn look when she finally does appear; her's was the appearance most altered when shown in the Sir Lazer Lot comic, and I am still hoping that there was some kind of coloring error that happened there, and will be changed for the current comics.
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Liked it. Think its a lot better then the digital Sir Lazer Lots one!

yeahhh Adam woodsman rules !!!!

I love the comic a lot , very happy!
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Just got mine at my Local store today, love that they were open part day! A big woot to them sadly the variant skelly cover was not on the shelf but hey!! new he-man comics!! So far its great, I too was a little about the china comment but oh well, loved the fight sequence and Zoar, not sure why skeletor wants him stoped "dead or alive" NOW!?! why didnt he kill him before he wandered off LOL but yea NEW HE-MAN COMICS!!!

Good Journey all
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

Liked it. It should be an interesting journey. Power-Con promo on the back.............PRICELESS!!!!:-)
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Nice intro. I'm not sure I believe Adam the woodsman would be able to take out Beast Man w/ a measly stick. But it was a good fight. I don't understand either why Skeletor didn't bring his broods to the woods & capture Adam. Maybe Skeletor knew he was being watched by Zoar(Sorceress) & she was too big of a threat for him. Now Skeletor wants to maybe separate the two(Adam & Sorceress) by bringing everyone to hunt him since Adam is now out of the woods. I enjoyed when Skeletor told Beast Man "to spread the word". Beast Man asked..."Tell who"....Skeletor replied "Everyone" This gave me goose bumps as this is where we'll see hopefully some more Evil villains in issue 2. All in all I liked it. I didn't like Skeletor's get up. No cross bones.

I just read it. It's okay. Much better than the SLL issue. I like the artwork, and the premise. It seemed short, as it was all just a battle with Beast Man--a good one though. It's nice to see some realistic battle violence, rather than cartoon silliness.
    Looking forward to the Teela issue!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    One thing threw me...a bedridden Randor is asking about eating on the good china...can they say that on Eternia?
    lol! He keeps it next to his Swiss army knife.
    Maybe he learned the word from Marlena.

[QUOTE=Whiplash7;3055050]I just read it. It's okay. Much better than the SLL issue. I like the artwork, and the premise. It seemed short, as it was all just a battle with Beast Man--a good one though. It's nice to see some realistic battle violence, rather than cartoon silliness.

I also thought the battle scene was realistic. And as for the silliness I'm glad TMS & SLL were NOT in this comic. I hope SLL doesn't show up w/ all of Skeletors Evil Warriors in the next Issue(assuming the Evil warriors will be in the next issue).

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    And as for the silliness I'm glad TMS & SLL were NOT in this comic. I hope SLL doesn't show up
    Me neither. I prefer to only see the characters shown in the first panel. Back to basics and keep it that way for now, to start maybe a successful comic title. However even if they did show other motu/PoP/NA etc characters, it would all be better than those two showing up

[QUOTE=Vlcan;3055056]
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I just read it. It's okay. Much better than the SLL issue. I like the artwork, and the premise. It seemed short, as it was all just a battle with Beast Man--a good one though. It's nice to see some realistic battle violence, rather than cartoon silliness.

I also thought the battle scene was realistic. And as for the silliness I'm glad TMS & SLL were NOT in this comic. I hope SLL doesn't show up w/ all of Skeletors Evil Warriors in the next Issue(assuming the Evil warriors will be in the next issue).
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Me neither. I prefer to only see the characters shown in the first panel. Back to basics and keep it that way for now, to start maybe a successful comic title. However even if they did show other motu/PoP/NA etc characters, it would all be better than those two showing up
    I agree. Even though NA isn't in my vocabulary I'd rather see them than the nobodies(SLL & TMS). Bring on the next issue!!!

Just read it!
    I like it.
    It feels familiair with a twist

this mini-series would be much better as one mini-comic.

It's out now at Comixology

I just read it using the DC app on iPad. I enjoyed it. The art was very good through most of it, so that was a relief. Looking forward to the next, too short!
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Just downloaded it - it's pretty good! I was fearing the worst with regards to the art - but didn't find anything wrong or rushed with it - it's just a different style!

I really liked the Beastman fight - I like his tribal markings. Can't wait for the next issue.

Wonder when the physical copy will be out in the UK?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Read it. Enjoyed it. It felt very rushed at the end. I would have liked to have seen a page where we see Beastman going to Snake Mountain and get a better view of Snake Mt. and Skeletor's domain. I also liked the fight, but Adam beating Beastman that easily make Beastman seem to be no threat at all to He-Man. If a de-powered, confused Adam can swiftly beat Beastman, then Beastman poses no threat what so ever to He-Man or the other good guys, especially if they are all working together.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Pick up my copies including the Variant* *(Damn, Midtown Comics (NYC) couldn't we have been a little easier on the price?) and am preparing to dive in!

My suggestion possibly on anyone trying to get the Variant: if you find it for under 20... you're good! If not with the 'Con season approaching, you may /may not have a chance getting it there for a reasonable price!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    Read it. Enjoyed it. It felt very rushed at the end. I would have liked to have seen a page where we see Beastman going to Snake Mountain and get a better view of Snake Mt. and Skeletor's domain. I also liked the fight, but Adam beating Beastman that easily make Beastman seem to be no threat at all to He-Man. If a de-powered, confused Adam can swiftly beat Beastman, then Beastman poses no threat what so ever to He-Man or the other good guys, especially if they are all working together.
    Agree w/ the the whole Adam "the woodsman" beating Beast Man so easily. I would have maybe preferred Adam getting crushed by Beast Man but have Zoar turn into the Sorceress and saved him. And then that's how Beast Man got hurt would have been by the Sorceress. Hell, if I was Beast Man I wouldn't want to return to Snake Mt to tell Skeletor a lowly woodsman beat me up....embarrassing especially if he's his A1 henchman.

Just read it. Downloaded the digital copy from Comixology. I like it a lot. Although I'm not sure if I like the new He-Man armor design. It does not make a lot of sense having that much armor in the loin area and not anywhere else. Just the furry pants would have been better, but that's a matter of taste I guess.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    well it wasn't as great as i would have hoped but it didn't suck as much as i expected

pros
    the art was better and flowed nicely but i have seen so much better with this brand
    adam seems to be more he-man confident than prince lay about
    skeletor actually appeared menacing at th end

cons
    the designs still suck, sorry no suger coating, and call me all the names you want but the redesigns are poorly thought out and change for the sake of it. seriously why show classic he-man on the cover yet get him wearing sir lance-a-lotts cast offs in the comic
    blonde teela, again why
    stupid mistakes in the brand who in the hell is fedor
    a huge plot hole already, if skeletor is so worried of adam finding out the truth why in the hell was he allowed to live in this changed universe
    with the whole changed timeline, the whole thing just screams agent spector saves the day still. and truthfully that just reeks of desperation
    Last edited by the_ultimate_evil; July 4, 2012 at 03:46pm.
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Hmm...

Okay, let me say... first reading - I was a bit...whelmed (as Robin from Young Justice might say). I've been really looking forward to this. And what we got wasn't bad. But I think this is one of those cases where the story will read much better once we have all six issues to read at once and get a clearer idea of the story. I have learned to be patient with comics the way they are written these days. I could have used a little more hook story-wise, personally. I hope as Adam takes a journey into Eternia as it is now we'll see more of how it operates under Skeletor's rule. It think that sort of world-building will be crucial.

Right now, the whole story felt a bit "small." Again, I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes but all I can judge on right now is what we were presented with.

Overall, I liked the art okay. It was very solid. I'm not fond of when they give people squinted black eyes with white irises. It's just one of those things stylistically I've never cared for. But man, is that ever a minor gripe. Beastman looked very cool. The story build up was pretty nice. A few things of note:

- "Fedor?" This is a very odd choice. Making him long for food from a Royal kitchen would have made more sense if this was Randor and was actually Adam's father. But I'm assuming it's just some random guy? This begs the question - does Skeletor know Adam is He-man? Does he think he has Adam trapped? Or He-man? Maybe that's why he gave him a father with a different name?

- "good China" - Argh! It's the little details that really help add to world-building in a fantasy. Again, a minor gripe but I think it brings the book down a bit. A bit more careful scripting avoids things like this.

- Adam has an axe and is fighting Beastman... so he uses the axe... to cut of a tree limb and jam it in Beastman's back? Why not just use the axe? Maybe he knew that would be fatal and that was against his code? He didn't seem to have trouble drawing blood. Just struck me as a bit odd.

- "My Wood and the axe in it" or whatever was a REALLY weird phrasing. I had to read that a couple of times before I totally got it.

So, all in all... I'm looking forward to reading more. It was a decent start. My expectations are a bit more managed. I'm intrigued by the set-up and hope it really gets explored in some depth. I can't wait to see what people's alt lives are like and I hope they reflect something about the characters.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    the designs still suck, sorry no suger coating, and call me all the names you want but the redesigns are poorly thought out and change for the sake of it. seriously why show classic he-man on the cover yet get him wearing sir lance-a-lotts cast offs in the comic
    Recognizability, I guess. Casual people pick up comics based on the cover.

blonde teela, again why
    Choice between blonde and redhead, both legitimate versions being original and iconic, respectively. I guess they chose the blonde version.

stupid mistakes in the brand who in the hell is fedor
    It's probably Randor with his memory wiped. He's "delusional" and thinks he's a king.

a huge plot hole already, if skeletor is so worried of adam finding out the truth why in the hell was he allowed to live in this changed universe
    It's probably easier for Skeletor to use his magical device to erase memories instead of actively failing to kill his enemies for years.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It's probably easier for Skeletor to use his magical device to erase memories instead of actively failing to kill his enemies for years.
    Plus, this is probably more satisfying for him than outright killing him. Also, if he doesn't now Adam is He-man it's possible that he doesn't realize by letting him live he's letting He-man live too. He might just be worried about ANY of the good guys seeing each other again and has tried to keep them apart.