Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does your Stinkor still stink?

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Same with me. As soon as I walked in my room, you can smell him!

He keeps away unwanted visitors that way!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Snappy Threader
    Still stinky after all of these months.........so is Moss Man by the way. Mixed together smells like one of those out-houses at a camp ground.

Yep, still has that familiar Patchouli scent... and i really like it! Moss Man thankfully still has his Pine scent too. Won't ever forget how strong it was when opening him from the package LoL. Love it.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I got an MIB Stinkor a while back, which I opened. I don't have the best sense of smell. Close up he smells subtle to me, but very strong to my wife. When I smell him I get equal parts patchouli and new toy smell.

BUT I do find that his smell tends to infuse an area after a day or two. I had him in my office for a week. He's been gone for two days and it STILL smells like patchouli in here.

He smells more like straight up patchouli than my vintage Stinkor, who on good days smells just like I remembered as a kid, just weaker. The old smell wasn't quite like straight up patchouli. It was sharper, less earthy. Maybe it was the combination of the plastic they used to use that made the vintage one smell a little sharper. Or maybe it was a different species of patchouli.

Anyway, I'm just glad the new one smells.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Mine still smells. I walk into my man cave and will catch a nice whiff of him.
    I did smell Stinkor at HeroCon this weekend... except it wasn't Stinkor. Nor was it a toy...

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Does your Stinkor still stink?
    Yup.......
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Mine Never did have a scent... so sad

Mine still has his cloying Patchouli scent! It's not very strong, but it never was in the first place.

Oh yeah. I recently had Stinkor out of the display for some pictures and he stunk up the garage. I think the heat of that uninsulated room actually amplified the Stinkor stink.

I just opened a new Stinkor last week. He's been on my desk just a couple of feet away from me and there is absolutely no smell unless you pick him up and take a big whiff.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I bagged mine as he was stinking up the rest of my collection, hahaha.
    -KTC

My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

And its newly-released sequel (which is also FREE):

MOTU: Legacies

I had mine resealed for a while, after taking him out and fixing the forearms, then I resealed him after his odor giving me headaches....finally just over a month ago, I reopened him, and he's still standing today....he's not nowhere near as strong as he was when I pulled him back out....you can still get a good whiff when you open my collection room (Office walk-in closet) door, just not as bad as at first.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, and just the right amount, too. I was rearranging some figures (clearing off a new shelf for recent figures and the rest of what's coming in 2013) yesterday afternoon, and noticed that at about two feet away from his shelf, I could smell Stinkor. Any further away and it wasn't noticeable, but when you got closer in, it was definitely there. For comparison, I sniffed Moss Man (on the other end of the same shelf), and found that he still had his scent, too, but it was also only detectable from about two feet off or less.

My stinkor still stinks......mossman isn't as noticable but Stinkor definitely smells as strong as the day I opened him.

Snappy Threader
    Stinkor still stinks today, and Moss Man still smells like heavy pine-sol.

not at all, same with moss man
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Interestingly enough, even though my Stinkor is still mint in package AND in his white mailer box--his smell is somehow permeating into my other Masters figures that are around him.
    I noticed this just the other day. I pulled my Fisto out and he smelled like patchouli when you smelled him from the little air vents in the bubble, same with the other figures that are all mint in package in their white mailers too which are around him? Not sure how that smell is getting into the other boxes and then into the bubbles? Needless to say, Stinkor sits by himself now.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonSOS View Post
    Mine Never did have a scent... so sad
    Yep, the same with mine. According to Toyguru, all of the Stinkor's that were returned for not smelling were still carded.

I offered to send my Stinkor to him in order to prove that some of us actually opened the package to verify that we had an odorless Stinkor but I never heard back from him.

That said, I think I actually prefer an odorless Stinkor. Had I returned it, I might not have gotten it back.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."