Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy 10 Year Anniversary 200X!

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Happy Anniversary 200X!

I don't remember if it was the 4th of July of that year but I know it was during that summer. I was in Wal-Mart, saw them on the shelf and contemplated on collecting them. I looked at the new He-Man, the packaging, the accessories and the nostalgia blew up in me and I was hooked. I spent the next few years searching every Wal-Mart, TRU, Target and KayBee looking for every figure from the top of Maine (Madawaska) all the way down New England. I would leave early Saturday/Sunday mornings with a trip ticker looking for these figures. I even created a binder with print offs of maps for all these store locations. I probably spent more money on gas than the figures themselves but the hunt was so awesome! I even drove to Canada to purchase the Snake figures!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

WOw! Ten Years already! I remember everything like it was yesterday! I ended up going to wal-mart around midnight when they first came out! I bought as much as I could find! I own almost everything from the 2002 line. Still can't believe that Aldi's grocery store had the Snakemen line of Motu figures! I thought when i saw someone post that He-man figures were at Aldi's they were joking, but they were there when I checked. Thought that it was weird place to find them! Too bad it ended too soon. Still think they could of done direct to dvd movies to finish the snakemen line and start the Hordak story line.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    10 years already? Gees that went quick.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    happy anniversary!
    now give us more 200x characters mattle!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    I remember walking into my local KB toys on my usual daily toy run and i saw them sitting on the pegs and I dropped my jaw and my memory started reminiscing of my childhood.

I bought he-man and skeletor and sd i will only get these 2 and thats it! Yeah that lasted about a week and I picked up the rest on my next run, and the madness ensued right there and then!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Happy Anniversary 200X! Love the cartoon way more than the toys, but it was a great way to bring He-Man back. Back with a fresh story and cool dialogue. Even NEW characters that were introduced were cool, unlike something else we all know...
    Yeah, I'm not really a toy collector. Heck, I wasn't much of a MOTU fan prior to 2002. However, I remember that there was a major 80's nostalgia kick going on with comics (G.I. Joe & Transformers had just made a comeback) so I was pretty much willing to give any franchise from that era a chance. I checked out the 2002 series on Cartoon Network and became an instant fan. I even kept my satellite service for years just to watch the show.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    200X was the best interpretation of He-Man and anyone who disagrees is blinded by nostalgia. So many amazing character designs and interpreted ideas were present...
    I usually hate bashing the original series but I gotta agree. I always felt that the 80's incarnation was too "soft" for my tastes. Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect to see He-Man lopping off heads but I don't think he was ever depicted using violence against another living being.
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net

Too bad there was nothing on the sdcc to celebrated the 10th for 200x
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I wasn't into MOTU or He-man when 200x was out...I only just got into it. However, i picked up the 200x toon on DVD (complete series for $6) and it is awesome. I love the 200x designs and characterizations far more than the old filmation stuff. Like others, i would love to see more 200x in MOTUC!

So Happy Anni MOTU200x!!!

I remember the day I got my 2002 Mer-Man. It was one of the best days of the summer that year that and various other reasons .

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Too bad there was nothing on the sdcc to celebrated the 10th for 200x
    There still might be an awesome 200x figure in the summer of 2013. Snake Armor He-Man,Ice Armor He-Man,Prahvus,Evil Seed...prefer the 200x look but might get Filmation look 1st(who knows),Calix,Veena,King Miro to name a few.

That wouldn't really be a big deal imo though eventhough it would be nice gesture I suppose. I feel that they should have given us at least something that is 200x in all it's glory.. While a new staction would be off the hook I would have settled for a 200x head and accessory set for some of the classics characters we have right now. Like Clawful, Grizzlor and Buzz Off..
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Im in New Zealand and I think i first heard about the 200x figures before they came out, I think maybe through heman.org. When I saw the first few, like He Man and Triklops etc, I initially didn't like them, but only because they were different, and because they had less muscle bulk especially in the legs. But as I looked at them more, and began to search more about them on the Internet, I grew to love them. And I realized that they were more like the originals than I previously thought. For example I loved all the different character moulds, and characters like Skeletor having his proper feet and greaves instead of the generic 3 toed feet that half the other figures had (like Zodak) in the old series. I stupidly sold my huge MotU collection as a kid for a Commodore 64 which is worth next to nothing now. So I decided to whole heartedly collect these 200x figures.

In New Zealand we only got the orginal 6 characters, you know He Man, Man at Arms, Stratos, Skeletor, Beast Man and Mer Man. Very similar to back in the day here with the original series, except that eventually all the other figures came out here too, from the original sereis. Not so with this 200x series. So I collected 90% off ebay, from primarily American sellers, especially the ones who charged me the actual postage price for air letter post or air parcel post, instead of trying to charge heaps more. I got pretty much everything except for the comic con exclusives like Faker, Moss Man, Keldor etc. (I would absolutely die if I could get that Faker/Kobra Khan pack they look awesome).

I also had to collect the comics from grahamcrackers.com because they were the only ones who would send them to me, all the others were like 'oh we are not allowed to send it to your country'. And I only saw a couple of them here in the comic shops. I went halves with a mate and bought like 30 comics, because grahamcrackers charged a one off internation fee for postage.

The last figure I bought was the King Randor mini statue about a year ago. I still need Tung Lashor and the exclusives, oh and Mosquitor, (never been a fan of Mantenna). I was so gutted when they brought out the classics series and finished with Jitsu. Jitsu was such an awesome character, I didn't care about the pony tail i just took him out glued the pony tail on and displayed him. I was like come on guys you got me into the 200x series now you starting back with classics again?? Now I'm so desperate for 200x stuff that I'm looking at the busts, and I never liked busts before (the whole no arms thing bothered me), but now I decided what the hey and have started my collection of them with Triklops (my favourite character). But 200x stuff is so expensive now its hard to find for me. Amazon wont send to NZ, and so many sellers on ebay wont sell outside the U.S., and many of the ones who do often charge 3 times the item cost price to post it to NZ, and I know it can be sent for much, much less. Anyway enough of my rambling, suffice to say I'm a huge 200x fan and really wish I got to see more NECA stactions. If they could do just one more I would luv to see a Scareglow in the 200x style, heck even more obscure ones like Extendar would look great in 200x. Glad to see other fans
    End of an era/error.

Yeah, time does fly by. It's a shame the last line died the way it did. I really miss the cartoon and the comic, that's where it was for me. I'm still wanting to know what was originally going to happen with the comics before they had to change and cut it off early.

MOTU 200X will always have a special place in my heart, it's what got me back into MOTU in general and got me into this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.