View Poll Results: Do you believe the lunar landing really happened?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 100%

53 85.48%
  • No! 100% Hoax!

5 8.06%
  • Undecided

4 6.45%

Thread: Was the Lunar Landing a Hoax?

Was the Lunar Landing a Hoax?

Did man really walk on the moon? Its a subject that I've discussed with several people, and it seems that he evidence is adding up to a complete hoax. The moving flag in an atmospheric void. The lack of visible stars. Both call the credibility of the footage into question. As for the other 6 visits... well I'll have to do more research.

Here is Part 2. While I've never really believed that Area 51 contained crash debris from alien aircraft, its not hard to believe it contains the secret to the lunar hoax. When you look at the LEM footage, it really makes you think about just how obvious the fake moon footage is. There are millions of miles between Earth and the moon, and if the LEM was so wildly uncontrollable on Earth, how did they work out the kinks for the moon mission?

Part 3. The multiple sources of light. Its hard enough to take a dramatic, perfectly exposed photo on Earth, let alone in a spacesuit on the moon. The crosshairs and their inconsistencies do not make sense.

Part 4. When you consider the lies, and inconsistencies of the US Government in regard to so many issues over the past few decades (The War In Iraq), and what the climate was at the time (the Cold War), is it so hard to believe that this is 100% fiction? Finally we have the story of Thomas Baron. That is chilling.

Part 5. Radiation.

And after all that, I find a snippet online about a Japanese orbiter that found the landing sites of the previous Apollo missions that shows the leftover equipment... I dont know what to believe anymore. Now this entire watch just seems like a silly overly dramatic fluff piece.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; July 4, 2012 at 02:49am.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    The problem with the "it's a hoax" evidence is... we can't just walk up to the moon to see what things are like up there. We have no idea what it's like to walk around, what the actual gravity is like. There may be enough of a light atmosphere held in by the gravity to cause light breezes.

It would be nice though if they'd just go back and make more real footage of the surface though.

There's an episode of QI where Stephen Fry does a great job explaining why it's not a hoax.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; July 7, 2012 at 10:13am.

If this landing is a hoax, how in the world did they have the perfect technology to land on the moon after Apollo 11?
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Was the 1958 world soccer championship in Stockholm a hoax?

http://sanningenomvm58.blogspot.se

(Text only in Swedish, but the pictures speak for themselves!)

First of all, the moon isn't even 1/4 of a million miles from earth, it's approx 221,463 miles away. So 'millions of miles away' is waay off. 2ndly all of the conspiracy theories of the proof that it's a hoax were actually busted on mythbusters (now don't get me wrong I personally FIRMLY believe that people behind conspiracies can convince media outlets to add weight to their hoaxes, but I also believe the moon landing is at this point in our lives so insignificant (in terms of being real of fake) that they wouldn't bother with trying to prove anything (the people who would be behind the cover up) if there is any conspiracy I prefer to think that there's something there they don't want us to see rather than they didn't go (not that I subscribe to either but it's more fun to go with the spooky conspiracy)

I also think that if they were going to fake the landing, they wouldn't be so sloppy as to allow the mistakes that conspiracy theorists claim to be proof that it's fake. I mean honestly why fake it live? pre-record it and act like it's live, that way you have more than one take, and you can edit out any mistakes.

here's a conspiracy for you, I mistakenly voted that it WAS a hoax!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Go read http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html if you believe it was a conspiracy

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I don't care if we did either way, but I think it is more fun to believe it was a hoax.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Heroic Warrior
    Oh for the love of Jeebus, Boo-duh, Gahd, and any other non-denominational deity, THE MOON LANDING WASN'T AND NEVER HAS BEEN HOAXED!

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Remeber some years back when someone tried to tell Buzz Aldrin that he never went to the moon? After being called a liar, coward, and other insults Aldrin warned the guy to leave him alone -- the guy continued and earned himself a whallop.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; July 4, 2012 at 12:51pm.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I'd like to point out that MYTHBUSTERS took on every one of your supposed 'proofs' towards hoax and proved that the moon landings happened. Here's a couple parts of the Season 6 episode 10.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 4, 2012 at 01:12pm.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Meh I was bored.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Remeber some years back when someone tried to tell Buzz Aldrin that he never went to the moon? After being called a liar, coward, and other insults Aldrin warned the guy to leave him alone -- the guy continued and earned himself a whallop.
    As much as I'm usually against violence solving things, that bum deserved what he got.

the earth is flat. anyone who tries to tell you diffrerent is trying to fool you.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    wake me up when they find Eternia.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    the earth is flat. anyone who tries to tell you diffrerent is trying to fool you.
    And the Earth is supposed to "rotate" at over 1000 miles an hour but I don't feel anything. If we were really spinning that fast we wouldn't be able to walk anywhere!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    And the Earth is supposed to "rotate" at over 1000 miles an hour but I don't feel anything. If we were really spinning that fast we wouldn't be able to walk anywhere!
    Benedict was on the moon before Century exist.

I'm Benedict Apologist™

------------

Talking about Conspiracy theory, I don't think Laika wasn't in the rocket.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    which brings me to my 2nd point: the universe revolves around the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I'd like to point out that MYTHBUSTERS took on every one of your supposed 'proofs' towards hoax and proved that the moon landings happened. Here's a couple parts of the Season 6 episode 10.
    Meh. They are clearly part of the cover-up.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Yes. Yes it was a hoax.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I happen to know that we did, in fact, land on the moon.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE