Thread: Pixel Dan: You're not the only Mosquitor fan in the world... (Picture intensive)

Pixel Dan: You're not the only Mosquitor fan in the world... (Picture intensive)

SDCC is just around the corner, and for those lucky enough to go there, that means preparations. And of course I've been following Pixel Dan's preparations with special interest, since he long ago announced he would come in full costume... as Mosquitor! Now, this was especially interesting to me, since a good friend of mine who is an old hand at building and wearing costumes for events has also been in the process of building a Mosquitor costume... Now you'd think these things would be related, but they aren't. We live in Sweden, far from any convention shenanigans, and my friend has been working on this on the back burner before we even knew Dan was!

My friend does not have a he-man.org account, but in the interest of Mosquitor fandom across the globe, he's asked me to post some pictures of his project for anyone to see.

Now, one of the coolest things about when my friend builds costumes is that he usually tinkers with giving them some extra functionality. For his Mosquitor suit this will involve a chestpiece with actual blood-pumping action, just like the original toy! (No, it won't be real blood) Sadly he has not had time to finish this piece as of yet.

If and when the whole costume is completed, we'll be sure to have more pictures to share.

In closing, Mosquitor fans exist everywhere, even in idyllic Sweden. And hey, he's a cool-looking character, why not?

And before anyone asks, let me once again clarify that I am neither the designer or wearer of the suit, so I can't take any credits for this. I'm just the uploader.

Have a good day, all.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    That is wicked! Very cool

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Sick job! Nice work!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I never realized how much Mosquitor's head looked like an electric guitar! Love the cloak, too! Very Star Wars-esque
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    AWESOME!! That is so cool! Thanks for sharing these pics!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Nice job! Another fan here... however I never knew how Mosquitor was called, until the last decade thanks to the internet!

It was one of the few figures I didn't own but I was playing with in a friend's room. He didn't remember what it was called on the card so we were calling him "Αιμορουφήχτρας/Hemoroufichtras" (Greek for Bloodsucker).
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!