Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrolls of Eternia - MOTU Origins: Blast-Attak

Scrolls of Eternia - MOTU Origins: Blast-Attak

Scrolls of Eternia is proud to present
    Masters of the Universe Origins!

This episode features Blast-Attak!

Is he part of The Snake Men or The Evil Warriors?

Follow Scrolls of Eternia on Facebook!

**RE-UPLOAD TO YOUTUBE ACCOUNT

Heroic Warrior
    Cool!

Blast Attak was my first MOTU figure I got as a kid, and he remained one of my favourites! To me, he is member of Skeletor's crew.
    My favourite BA appearance is in Marvel/Star comics (those same comics were the reason I love Rio Blast, Clamp Champ, Snout Spout and some other characters).
    I am more than MAN..., more than LIFE..., I AM A GOD!!! And now.. you.. will.. kneel... KNEEL!!!!

My toy collection

My Deviant Art

Great video again Jukka, really love the origins series.

I never had Blast-Attak or the Revenge of the SnakeMen min-comic as a kid so I always assumed Blast-Attak was an Evil Warrior, in fact I think he was in the UK comics and thats probably why I though that.
    When I got the mini-comic years later I was surprised to find out he was allied with the SnakeMen in it and I never like the idea until in 200x it was reviled Man-At-Arms was going to be turned into a SnakeMan and build weapons for them. It was only then I started to become more open to the idea of Blast-Attak being a SnakeMan as I though MAA building him for them would be a great way to introduce him.

I’m not sure which faction I prefer him with now and am open to both in MOTUC, either built by MAA for the SnakeMen or built by Tri-Klops for the Evil Warriors. How ever I’m not a fan of him being summoned from a different dimension like in the Marvel Star comic.
    Last edited by 13977; December 6, 2011 at 09:24am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

A nice, short-N-sweet video Jukka, but then there wasn't a lot to go on about BA since he showed up so late and he never got a 4HM design even in concepts (I'd be cool to see how they'd have done him in MYP). Somehow I predict in MOTUC he'd have been created by MAA under King Hiss' control after turning him into a snake man, makes the most sense to me, and if I'm right I should get some kind of forum medal; TheBlock: Heroic Predictor of Bios! ! Skeletor's already got a pretty big roster of henchmen and he doesn't have a signature crossbow weapon so no Horde IMHO.

One thing that really dissapointed me about the later Mini-comics is the near absance of Teela in most of those Snake Man issues. I know they were trying to promote the new figures, but Bruce Timm was one of the BEST when it came to drawing Teela, didn't even care about her being in pink or yellow !
    I did like the Star comics stuff, is it me or didn't marvel create that imprint solely to make comics based off toy lines and cartoons, I remember there also being a Defenders of the Earth comic to (Flash Gordon, and the Phantom, versus Ming the Merciless).
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Another great video, Jukka.

I appreciate this!

Blast-Attak is one of the few '87 characters that I sometimes almost forget exists. I'm glad to have a better feel for him...even if it's a conflicted one. I had assumed at one point he was in the Horde, so I'm double-wrong.

I'm enjoying this series.

Again, great work Jukka! Good to see a profile for one of the least well-known characters of MOTU. I always liked Blast-Attak and felt he had great potential. Always preferred the idea of him being with Skeletor than King Hiss, it looked to me as though they just shoved him into the Snake Men minicomic because they were too lazy to write him his own comic.

He appeared in a few of the UK/German Ehapa magazines as well, but only ever in background appearances, never got a starring role unfortunately.
    Aidan Cross- Official Website
    The Bacillus- my band's official website
    Excavating the 80s- my blog on unsung bands of the 80s

awesome episode! ...

blast-attak is definitely one of the more mysterious characters of MOTU, but i always saw him as an evil warrior ... for me, you need to be a snake to be a snake man! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Another great episode, Jukka.

Call me crazy, but for some reason I always had Blast-Attak as part of the Evil Horde when I was a kid.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    blast-attak is definitely one of the more mysterious characters of MOTU, but i always saw him as an evil warrior ... for me, you need to be a snake to be a snake man! ...
    Same with me...

I always saw the Snake Men as social Darwinists,
    Evil Warriors were gang/guerilla style bunch that would accept any misfit and villain regardless,
    The Horde was "The Empire" style conquerors with organized structure and vast Horde Trooper army...

So, for me, it was logical to put BA with the rest of Evil Warriors, but I really like the proposed story of him being the creation of "Snake" M@A, though I would shift him to Evil Warriors during the story...

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Call me crazy, but for some reason I always had Blast-Attak as part of the Evil Horde when I was a kid.
    Well, Horde do need somebody to "play" Frankenstein's Monster to complete their "Universal Monsters" roster..

When I was kid, I always thought that Arnold Schwarzennegger would be perfect actor to portray BA on screen..
    Last edited by BlastAttak; December 6, 2011 at 01:45pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I am more than MAN..., more than LIFE..., I AM A GOD!!! And now.. you.. will.. kneel... KNEEL!!!!

My toy collection

My Deviant Art

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Great job Jukka! Personally, I always saw Blast-Attak as an Evil Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Personally, I always saw Blast-Attak as an Evil Warrior.
    I agree with you on that, Danielle. Somehow his design not fit Snake Men theme. Hmmmm and Who side he shall be in MotU Classics line? I hope Evil Warrior but why not Evil Horde?
    Last edited by Jyrki; December 6, 2011 at 03:14pm.

Another great Origins video, thank you Jukka! It will be interesting to see if MOTUC Blast-Attak will have a faction sticker at all, not to mention what backstory elements the bio will borrow.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, Nocturna, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, Red Knight, Vultak, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    great video, both amusing and informative: i really appreciate your work.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Wow...I had no idea about that Star Comics story. It's SO close to the mini-comic "The Search For Keldor." That's crazy!

I'm always going to be Team Snakeman for Blast Attack though. Especially with Snake-Man-At-Arms to now be his builder.

EDIT: I mean, I KNEW that comic existed...just not that it was so close to the mini-comic. I actually have the Brazilian version of that story.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 7, 2011 at 03:47am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Thanks for that video, Jukka. It provided a great amount of information.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    "Short fuse"...hes the Joe Pesci of MotU

T1000 kinda ripped off BA
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Quote Originally Posted by BlastAttak View Post
    Cool!

Blast Attak was my first MOTU figure I got as a kid, and he remained one of my favourites! To me, he is member of Skeletor's crew.
    My favourite BA appearance is in Marvel/Star comics (those same comics were the reason I love Rio Blast, Clamp Champ, Snout Spout and some other characters).
    I too had Blast-Attak as a kid. Though it was until much later that I read the Marvel story. And only until internet was available to me, to read the mini-comic.
    But the action-feature of "blowing" him in two parts was lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Great video again Jukka, really love the origins series.

I never had Blast-Attak or the Revenge of the SnakeMen min-comic as a kid so I always assumed Blast-Attak was an Evil Warrior, in fact I think he was in the UK comics and thats probably why I though that.
    When I got the mini-comic years later I was surprised to find out he was allied with the SnakeMen in it and I never like the idea until in 200x it was reviled Man-At-Arms was going to be turned into a SnakeMan and build weapons for them. It was only then I started to become more open to the idea of Blast-Attak being a SnakeMan as I though MAA building him for them would be a great way to introduce him.
    The concept of Snake M-A-A building machines for the Snake Men is a fun idea and paves way for Blast-Attak.

I’m not sure which faction I prefer him with now and am open to both in MOTUC, either built by MAA for the SnakeMen or built by Tri-Klops for the Evil Warriors. How ever I’m not a fan of him being summoned from a different dimension like in the Marvel Star comic.
    Skeletor is pulling lot of characters out of his as- I mean....other dimensions/worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by theblock View Post
    A nice, short-N-sweet video Jukka, but then there wasn't a lot to go on about BA since he showed up so late and he never got a 4HM design even in concepts (I'd be cool to see how they'd have done him in MYP). Somehow I predict in MOTUC he'd have been created by MAA under King Hiss' control after turning him into a snake man, makes the most sense to me, and if I'm right I should get some kind of forum medal; TheBlock: Heroic Predictor of Bios! ! Skeletor's already got a pretty big roster of henchmen and he doesn't have a signature crossbow weapon so no Horde IMHO.

One thing that really dissapointed me about the later Mini-comics is the near absance of Teela in most of those Snake Man issues. I know they were trying to promote the new figures, but Bruce Timm was one of the BEST when it came to drawing Teela, didn't even care about her being in pink or yellow !
    I did like the Star comics stuff, is it me or didn't marvel create that imprint solely to make comics based off toy lines and cartoons, I remember there also being a Defenders of the Earth comic to (Flash Gordon, and the Phantom, versus Ming the Merciless).
    Yeah as far as Origins, there was not much to cover. You will see characters with short'n'sweet videos about their origins. But no worries, there are lot of heavy-hitters that have lot of story to be told.
    And more Teela in comics is always for the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Jyrki View Post
    Another great video, Jukka.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    I appreciate this!

Blast-Attak is one of the few '87 characters that I sometimes almost forget exists. I'm glad to have a better feel for him...even if it's a conflicted one. I had assumed at one point he was in the Horde, so I'm double-wrong.

I'm enjoying this series.
    Working on some of the more obscure characters is a lot of fun. And great way to learn, as I personally didn't know about the US Magazine appearance until Joe Amato helped me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitor View Post
    Again, great work Jukka! Good to see a profile for one of the least well-known characters of MOTU. I always liked Blast-Attak and felt he had great potential. Always preferred the idea of him being with Skeletor than King Hiss, it looked to me as though they just shoved him into the Snake Men minicomic because they were too lazy to write him his own comic.

He appeared in a few of the UK/German Ehapa magazines as well, but only ever in background appearances, never got a starring role unfortunately.
    It is very interesting, how Blast-Attak has so little material to work with, but he remains as a character that can still cause lot of fan-talk and debates. As far as Mattel putting him in the mini-comics with Snake Men, I don't think they were lazy, but cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    awesome episode! ...

Glad you liked it. And yeah Snake Men are proud of their lineage. Just look at how they treat Kobra Khan in 200x cartoon and other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Another great episode, Jukka.

That would be interesting, since Hordak loves building stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BlastAttak View Post
    Same with me...

I always saw the Snake Men as social Darwinists,
    Evil Warriors were gang/guerilla style bunch that would accept any misfit and villain regardless,
    The Horde was "The Empire" style conquerors with organized structure and vast Horde Trooper army...

So, for me, it was logical to put BA with the rest of Evil Warriors, but I really like the proposed story of him being the creation of "Snake" M@A, though I would shift him to Evil Warriors during the story...

Well, Horde do need somebody to "play" Frankenstein's Monster to complete their "Universal Monsters" roster..

When I was kid, I always thought that Arnold Schwarzennegger would be perfect actor to portray BA on screen..
    Interesting notion about the Universal Monsters. I always imagined Modulok to kinda fill that role, since he was "put together" from parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Great job Jukka! Personally, I always saw Blast-Attak as an Evil Warrior.
    Thanks Danielle!

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    Another great Origins video, thank you Jukka! It will be interesting to see if MOTUC Blast-Attak will have a faction sticker at all, not to mention what backstory elements the bio will borrow.
    We'll have to see. I do hope they won't "blindly" use the mini-comic material.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    great video, both amusing and informative: i really appreciate your work.
    Thank you. Really appreciate feedback for the videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Wow...I had no idea about that Star Comics story. It's SO close to the mini-comic "The Search For Keldor." That's crazy!

I'm always going to be Team Snakeman for Blast Attack though. Especially with Snake-Man-At-Arms to now be his builder.

EDIT: I mean, I KNEW that comic existed...just not that it was so close to the mini-comic. I actually have the Brazilian version of that story.
    That story in STAR comics does bear similarities to "Search for Keldor", though STAR-story is one big mess of simply events happening and hasty resolution. It'll be a fun comic to review at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Thanks for that video, Jukka. It provided a great amount of information.
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    "Short fuse"...hes the Joe Pesci of MotU

T1000 kinda ripped off BA
    LOL @ Joe Pesci-comment.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Again, Jukka, great choice and great video. Very interesting stuff! I always thought he was a bit the 'odd man out' in the Snake Man faction... I mean, to me, the Snake Men are an ancient race and BA is more of an advanded technological/magical being. In fact, imho, he would fit in great with The Horde. But that's not an option... so to me, although I grew up with BA being a part of the Snake Men, I'd like to consider him being more of an Evil Warrior (or, if you want it more specified, an evil, independent being summoned by Skelly)
    Last edited by Chroniklor; December 9, 2011 at 09:39am.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Cool video! I am now wondering if MOTUC will indeed put Blast-Attak with the Snake Men... he very well might be the first creation of Snake Man-At-Arms! Perhaps once Man-At-Arms is restored to himself again, the Snake Men are defeated, and Tri-Klops salvages Blast-Attak from the wreckage and "tada!", Skeletor now has a new evil robot under his employ

Hi there,
    As always your reviews are very interesting and enjoyable. It is curious the fact of having two origins. One member once said that our bomb guy's helmet had the shape of a snake so it could be a Snake Men. Who knows.

Blast Attak was one of the figures is owned as a kid, he's my favourite vintage figure!

great review jukka! i recently got this guy, first one ive owned too, i love him. now i need his accesories!

Songster's Understudy SUPERFANben's Avatar
    Great show Jukka! I really enjoyed your MOTU Chronicles commentary too.
    You getting a Songster figure will be my fault.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I really enjoyed this! I never saw him as a Snake Man, in my childhood he was an Evil Warrior, and to be honest I wasn't even sure if he was MOTU or not because he was so different from the other figures, but he was one of my faves because of his exploding action feature.