Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun-Man and the Rulers of the Sun

Hybrid View

Olmec Sun-Man Ad That Shades He-Man LOL!

Stumbled upon this Olmec Sun-Man ad from 1985 Jet Magazine while doing a some searches. LOL @ the shade. Olmec wasn't playing!

http://books.google.com/books?id=FrE...page&q&f=false

Heroic Warrior TombstonePiledrive's Avatar
    ????? This is awesome... right? Why not, I say, but still a bit odd. I see customs on their way!

OATH OF THE SWORDS Premiere Heroes's Avatar
    Scroll down to page 64 you will see Yla Eason, who created Sun-Man, and Leon Stephenson the live action Sun-Man model.
    TIME OF THE TWINS
    TEST OF THE TWINS
    WAR OF THE TWINS

HE-RO

IN THE NAME OF GRAYSKULL
    GRANT ME THE POWER

HE-MAN

BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL
    I HAVE THE POWER

SHE-RA

FOR THE HONOR OF GRAYSKULL
    I AM SHE-RA

I'm diggin pig head...the super villian.

That is some pretty big smack talk.

I've been searching for Pig Head for a long time !

He is one of the best figures that fits well next to a vintage MOTU.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Premiere Heroes View Post
    Scroll down to page 64 you will see Yla Eason, who created Sun-Man, and Leon Stephenson the live action Sun-Man model.
    And if you look to the right of Sunman, the VP of Olmec..shes staring straight at his junk!

Court Magician
    Funny thing is, Yla Eason (creator of Sunman and Olmec toys), had cheated many people with these toys of hers. The story goes..what started out as good intentions led to greed and last I heard she went into hiding. She had made some G.I.Joe knockoffs called "Bronze Bombers", she made some money..got in some circles and before you know it..she bought the old molds for the G.I.Joe figures. She made a deal with the chinese military or something to the extent where they had prisoners build these toys using these molds, in a prison factory facility. Not using any protective gear from the toxic plastic fumes. Then she had the parts shipped to a tax free area in Virginia where they would be assembled and packaged, then a premium would be charged for the figure which was essentially a repainted G.I.Joe at double the price marketed towards the black community. She ended up owing some lenders over a million dollars and a civil suit was filed against her..thats when she fled as she owed the chinese military some money as well.
    She was in the process of making some Malcolm X dolls in the 90's.. I believe 1,600 dolls had been seized..now thats a collectible.
    Shes the John Z DeLorean of toys.

Here's a pic of the Bolt Man, Digitino,and Butterfly Woman I picked up.

This is going to be a double edged sword for me here, so hang in there. First, Yla Eason lives and works In NYC. She has not, nor has she been in hiding. She was not indited over any of the prison labor incident.
    Many human rights groups were up in arms over it, but China's laws don't apply in the U.S. & vice versa.
    Her creditors were satisfied by the relinquished 10,000 Malcom X figures.

However, I do not support Sun-Man or any product whose license purchase resulted in Ms. Eason gaining any financial compensation. I support the "Idea" of Sun-Man, and would happily purchase him with the above proviso, I do not support the woman.
    Last edited by Mezmiro; November 6, 2013 at 02:40pm.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Heroic Warrior

Sun-Man and the Rulers of the Sun

I hope I'm not duplicating a thread, I couldn't find any with Search.

I thought I was familiar with most of the legitimate MOTU knock offs (as opposed to bootlegs), but stumbled across this today. I knew Olmec made compatible figures for G.I. Joe but wasn't aware they made a line of MOTU-compatible figures too. Have to be honest, from the pics, they look pretty neat. Anyone here have any of these? What's the quality like?

EDIT: Okay, so there *was* an existing thread. Sorry about that. Still, anyone out there know how the quality of these were like?
    Last edited by Madison Carter; July 6, 2012 at 07:44pm.

The quality is pretty good. Close to MotU quality.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Wow! Never seen ALL of these guys before (I think just Sun-Man Pig-Head)...viva diversity!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I've got Sun-Man version two and for all of the people that said they "had" the other characters besides Sun-Man & Pig Head please post pics because Sun-Man & Pig Head were the only production figures made....

And if the company went Bankrupt and out of business who owns the rights to Sun Man??
    Last edited by Megalodon; July 7, 2012 at 01:18pm.

Investigation Needed.

This is worth an investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I've got Sun-Man version two and for all of the people that said they "had" the other characters besides Sun-Man & Pig Head please post pics because Sun-Man & Pig Head were the only production figures made....

And if the company went Bankrupt and out of business who owns the rights to Sun Man??

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    While I don't have any of the figures from the Rulers of the Sun line, I would imagine that at least the first wave of 6 figures were made for two reasons: 1) There's an order form that exists where you could send away for them. (Strangely all the the secondary male characters are shown sans accessories) and 2) All 3-figures from the Butterfly Woman line made it to production. Speaking of Butterfly Woman, I'm happy to report that I was lucky enough to score a MOC Amandla for $15. Should be coming to in the next few days. I'm so excited.

I'm guessing that maybe stores didn't order very many of the secondary characters and hence they're extremely rare. In one article, Yla Eason reported that Sun-Man was selling approx. 500 figures a day. I think the secondary characters would be considerably less.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Yes, quality is very good. I just wish I could find more than just Sun-Man! Pig Head will pop up every long while, and I saw a Holographo carded a while back. Other than those, I haven't even seen the others except for that one picture.

Well considering New Adventures does take place in space, I say that this world (and many others) could be possible places visited while He-Man and She-Ra are in space.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

OATH OF THE SWORDS Premiere Heroes's Avatar
    Check out the Sun-Man And The Rulers Of The Sun Youtube video.
    TIME OF THE TWINS
    TEST OF THE TWINS
    WAR OF THE TWINS

HE-RO

IN THE NAME OF GRAYSKULL
    GRANT ME THE POWER

HE-MAN

BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL
    I HAVE THE POWER

SHE-RA

FOR THE HONOR OF GRAYSKULL
    I AM SHE-RA

Thanks for sharing !!!

Great job !

I figured out there is a SM from Brazil: Kikto !!!

I believe Kikto was one of the unproduced figures. Sorry, Monteeg.

Anyone here happen to buy the loose Bolt Man sun man figure from ebay this weekend? It was $200 and came with one blot and I think the back armor. I considered getting it but when I went back to check it out again, it was gone. Hope someone here was able to pick it up. Great figure!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by thorns02 View Post
    Anyone here happen to buy the loose Bolt Man sun man figure from ebay this weekend? It was $200 and came with one blot and I think the back armor. I considered getting it but when I went back to check it out again, it was gone. Hope someone here was able to pick it up. Great figure!
    It's not my fault !

Yes, I saw him 2 or 3 days ago...I hope the seller relist him again...

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    It's not my fault !

Yes, I saw him 2 or 3 days ago...I hope the seller relist him again...
    Did you get it Monteeg? If not, I think it sold for $200 so a pretty decent price for the buyer. Never will the front armor or the other bolt be found Im afraid. Fun to see it pop up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by thorns02 View Post
    Did you get it Monteeg? If not, I think it sold for $200 so a pretty decent price for the buyer. Never will the front armor or the other bolt be found Im afraid. Fun to see it pop up anyway.

Unfortunately I did not purchase the Bolt Man...

There were three vintage action figures that I was dreaming for a long time !
    So, I decided to buy them as a Xmas' gift...