Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun-Man and the Rulers of the Sun

Quote Originally Posted by He-loser View Post
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tbm_DJV7Qg...oy+Ad_1986.JPG

Something im not getting here..based on the articles headline, what makes these figures so positive? I get that there arent many African American action figures but there arent many Hispanic, Asian, or native american figures. Every toyline that I know of has at least a few ethnic figures and I agree that most toylines are pre-dominantly white...But I dont get what this lady is trying to say...the figures have weapons and are action figures like any other...so the fact that they are predominantly african american...does that make them positive? So are white action figures negative???
    Not trying to troll here, Im not picking sides, im a white male in an interracial marriage..my wife could care less about the color of our kids action figures...sounds like an angry woman to me...just sayin.
    And then..in regards to the comic..pig face living in a cave?????? I grew up in the Queens NY public school system...I heard all I had to hear about the people who live in caves. Better yet...google "cave ***** and see what comes up.

Or maybe im just reading between the lines?
    no no, it's ok, I feel the same way.

Sooo... sun-man is better than every other hero 'cause they say so when trash talking about the other heroes?. Pass.

That yellow cape-wings thing... it's... I can't stand to watch it, aesthetically unpleasing.

Although I have to say that the Catra-double trouble equivalent is far superior to the original dolls, I don't know if doll Catra can turn into a panther in those mini comics, but the butterfly-woman villain can at least turn her face very cat-like and apparently you can't see a knob, it's hidden by hair; double trouble just goes from face to angry face, I guess it's supposed to be another person's face, but it looks the same to me.
    Last edited by Romer; January 12, 2013 at 11:42pm.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Well considering New Adventures does take place in space, I say that this world (and many others) could be possible places visited while He-Man and She-Ra are in space.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by thorns02 View Post
    Just picked up a nicely carded Pig Head along with a first and second release of Sun Man himself. Thought Id share the fun.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/.../DSC010781.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/.../DSC010791.jpg

Congratulations, thorns02 !

Your collection is really awesome !!!

'Sun Man' is one of the most obscures american collections of all time (like TigerSharks, for example).
    The late characters are really hard to find, specially MOC.
    On the other hand, SM is the best series I know that fits very well next to vintage MOTU (maybe 'Warrior Beasts' and 'Defender of the Planets' could be in this way). But I really do not consider SM as a Knock-off series...

Finally got a couple of pics of the variant Pig Head for us Sun Man fans. Met a cool dude on another forum who has the fig in his collection. The body is of another mold that some may recognize, but I dont. Check out the all blue boots and how "bubbly" they appear. The crotch piece is quite different and the hands look a little different too. Anyone by chance have one in their collection and didn't know it?

Finally got a couple of pics of the variant Pig Head for us Sun Man fans. Met a cool dude on another forum who has the fig in his collection. The body is of another mold that some may recognize, but I dont. Check out the all blue boots and how "bubbly" they appear. The crotch piece is quite different and the hands look a little different too. Anyone by chance have one in their collection and didn't know it?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0Man/pig_3.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0Man/pig_7.jpg

Once again, thanks for your pictures !

Are you sure this figure is legit ?
    Does the owner confirmed this Pig Head has the "HONG KONG" or "OLMEC" sign on this back ?
    I think he is not compatible with the others Sun Man figures...Infact, I never saw a Sun Man like that !

I had a opportunity in see the Pig Head variant from an Orger collection two years ago.
    I think the only difference was in his spiked armor.

If someone here has this variant I mentioned above, please post imagens to us !!!

Its legit for sure. Olmec used different molds for later versions Sun Man and Pig Head. Check out onlinetoyshow.com and look up the Sun Man line. Refer to the J Hook version of Sun Man and you will see the same "bubbly" feet on Sun Man as you see in the Pig Head variant above.

Ive never seen a different spiked armor. Id love to see how it differs from the original version.

In this case, if this version is not fake as you said, I can realize he is more 'MOTU vintage' than the regular version - and I consider Pig Head himself as one of the best action figures that fits very well next to a MOTU vintage.

I sent a message to the owner of the Pig Head variant (he is an orger) but he did not answered me yet
    I remember he send me 3 pictures of his collections and one of them was a Sun Man collection...it's curious the other two pictures are still in my inbox; but the Sun Man picture is inative right now...

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I recently purchased a knockoff that has the same bubbly boots, smooth crotch and pretty sure the same torso. I didn't see any markings anywhere. Need to get the pictures on here.

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    I recently purchased a knockoff that has the same bubbly boots, smooth crotch and pretty sure the same torso. I didn't see any markings anywhere. Need to get the pictures on here.

Hello, Master !

I will wait anxious for your pictures...

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Ok, here he is. Looks to be a Native American character, which would make sense for the Sun Man line. Not saying he was part of the line at all, but they DO share sculpts, so they are connected somehow.
    DSCF1232.jpg
    DSCF1233.jpg
    DSCF1234.jpg
    DSCF1235.jpg
    Looks like the arms of the Pig Head variant and this one are the same too, but Pig Head has the piping or bracelets around his wrists.
    Last edited by masterenglish; January 26, 2013 at 12:45pm.

Thanks for share, Master !
    Nice KO figure...

I sent a p.m. again for the owner of the Pig Head variant I saw years ago.
    He's an Orger but I realized his last post was in April 2012.
    I hope he still be here.

I recently picked up what appears to be a new version of Pig-Head I have not seen before. Check out the individual and comparison pictures below.

The new version on the left appears to have unpainted tusks with slight red tips, unpainted nostrils and no red dots on his eyes. It also appears the pink on his helmet horns, wrists, and tops of his boots are a lighter shade of pink than the typical version I'm used to seeing. Lastly, there are no country of origin or Olmec markings on the back belt and body nor on his spiked "sash" as you'd normally see on other versions of Pig Head.

I first thought the pink had just faded over time and some kid may have picked or scraped the white if his tusks, but taking a closer look, there is nothing to indicate there was ever any white on his tusks to begin with and I think the light pink was his original released color. I thought the same for the lack of red in his nostrils and eyes, but it seems to be this particular figure was never painted in these areas. Strange, right?

Anyone have a similar version or seen one like this before?

Anyone have any luck with new Olmec Sun Man finds? Still searching for Space Sumo and Halographo.

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Ok, here he is. Looks to be a Native American character, which would make sense for the Sun Man line. Not saying he was part of the line at all, but they DO share sculpts, so they are connected somehow.

Looks like the arms of the Pig Head variant and this one are the same too, but Pig Head has the piping or bracelets around his wrists.
    This is a Wrestlers of the World by Sparkle Toys figure.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6thread%3D4643

Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Anyone have any luck with new Olmec Sun Man finds? Still searching for Space Sumo and Halographo.

I am sure you saw a huge loose lot ended a month ago on eBay...
    Among Blackstar, Warrior Beasts, Remco Wrestlers, etc, he had 4 'Sun Man' figures: Sun Man, Pig Head, Digitino and Bolt Man...

This auction ended in $ 1.255,00 !!!

I was watching that lot just to see the demand for the figures. There were many lines represented, but I think the Sun Man figs drew a lot of collectors in. I didnt notice a lot of their weapons, but still a good looking lot. Maybe some day Illl find myself an MOC Space Sumo and/or Halographo.

I think Sun Man was almost completed...
    The others were without weapons...

That lot had hard to find figures from most of 80's MOTU KO lines: Mara (Blackstar), Skullman & Wolf Warrior (Warrior Beasts), Jewel Thief (Conan), Ribs & Crossbones (Pirates of the Galaxseas) and of course, the four Sun Man figures...

I saved the link (it's an ended auction but moderators feel free to delete it):

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...vip=true&rt=nc

Have you ever heard about a cool toy line named Sheriff Solar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    I saved the link (it's an ended auction but moderators feel free to delete it):

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...vip=true&rt=nc
    Don't worry. Ended auctions are just fine to post links to.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I remember once when I was a small dude being at our local Toys 'R Us (for some reason I feel like I was looking at NA He-Man figures, but that could have been another time) and they had a good spread of the Sun-Man figures. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing all of them on the shelf; at the very least Sun-Man, Pig-Head, Space Sumo and Zap-Man were there.

I do have one fundamental problem with Sun-Man, though, and it has nothing to do with its creation, races of the figures, or any real world influence. Take a look again at the promo poster:

Count the heroes: Nine.
    Count the villains: One.

That is a seriously one-sided fight! No wonder Pig-Head is a jerk; I'd be edgy too if nine dudes were kicking my butt seven days a week! Heck, Zap-Man could probably take him out by himself from fifty yards!

I seriously hope he has King Hiss on speed-dial for some backup.

You recall seeing a Zap Man figure?! This is groundbreaking...From all my contacts and research, the only conclusion everyone and myself came to was that Zap Man was never produced and sold at retails stores. (Along with Kikto, Hypno, and Duplico) I would love to see Zap Man if any one has ever had one.

You recall seeing a Zap Man figure?!
    Don't quote me on that -- it was a long time ago and it was only once that I ever saw them, so I don't fully trust the time-ravaged memory. For all I know it was a banana and part of a Sorry! set.

Heroic Warrior
    I never herd of Sun-Man.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFall View Post
    I never herd of Sun-Man.
    Then you should check out this thread from beginning to end if you have the time. Pretty awesome line that is in my opinion the hardest (and expensive) lines to find these days.

dorrmann

Thanks, man !

thorns02

Have you ever tried to contact Yla Eason or her son (facebook, twitter, etc)?
    I think they could confirm which figures were produced...
    Maybe they have pictures of prototypes or test shots...

I have not tried to contact them, but would give it a try if I had accurate contact details. I did find a little info on the artist who did the artwork on the cardback for the first release of Sun Man. I cant recall is name off the top of my head, but that could be a start.