Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sun-Man and the Rulers of the Sun

OATH OF THE SWORDS Premiere Heroes's Avatar
    Check out the Sun-Man And The Rulers Of The Sun Youtube video.
    TIME OF THE TWINS
    TEST OF THE TWINS
    WAR OF THE TWINS

HE-RO

IN THE NAME OF GRAYSKULL
    GRANT ME THE POWER

HE-MAN

BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL
    I HAVE THE POWER

SHE-RA

FOR THE HONOR OF GRAYSKULL
    I AM SHE-RA

Thanks for sharing !!!

Great job !

I figured out there is a SM from Brazil: Kikto !!!

I believe Kikto was one of the unproduced figures. Sorry, Monteeg.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I believe Kikto was one of the unproduced figures. Sorry, Monteeg.
    Yes, I know !

But it's pretty good to know someone remembered my country...

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Yes, I know !

But it's pretty good to know someone remembered my country...

No doubt, that is cool! Do you have a collection of little plastic Brazilians? I have a couple of UFC fighters (same scale as MOTUC) and a Playmobil footballer from the 2006 World Cup series.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    No doubt, that is cool! Do you have a collection of little plastic Brazilians? I have a couple of UFC fighters (same scale as MOTUC) and a Playmobil footballer from the 2006 World Cup series.
    I have some exclusive brazilian figures like 'Cobra de Ašo', 'Dinosaucers', 'Macgyver', 'Vlix', 'Gulliver Super Heroes' and Star Wars, GI Joe and MOTU 'Model Trem' collection...

When you read the mini comic from Digitino there is another character(a villain) that never made it into production or talked about. The villain Subtractus.
    TIME OF THE TWINS
    TEST OF THE TWINS
    WAR OF THE TWINS

HE-RO

IN THE NAME OF GRAYSKULL
    GRANT ME THE POWER

HE-MAN

I HAVE THE POWER

SHE-RA

I AM SHE-RA

Anyone here happen to buy the loose Bolt Man sun man figure from ebay this weekend? It was $200 and came with one blot and I think the back armor. I considered getting it but when I went back to check it out again, it was gone. Hope someone here was able to pick it up. Great figure!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by thorns02 View Post
    Anyone here happen to buy the loose Bolt Man sun man figure from ebay this weekend? It was $200 and came with one blot and I think the back armor. I considered getting it but when I went back to check it out again, it was gone. Hope someone here was able to pick it up. Great figure!
    It's not my fault !

Yes, I saw him 2 or 3 days ago...I hope the seller relist him again...

It's not my fault !

Yes, I saw him 2 or 3 days ago...I hope the seller relist him again...
    Did you get it Monteeg? If not, I think it sold for $200 so a pretty decent price for the buyer. Never will the front armor or the other bolt be found Im afraid. Fun to see it pop up anyway.

Did you get it Monteeg? If not, I think it sold for $200 so a pretty decent price for the buyer. Never will the front armor or the other bolt be found Im afraid. Fun to see it pop up anyway.

Unfortunately I did not purchase the Bolt Man...

There were three vintage action figures that I was dreaming for a long time !
    So, I decided to buy them as a Xmas' gift...

Widget
    Greetings All, Soulart7 here! I REALLY LOVE THIS DISCUSSION!!! Here's why: I was the original illustrator for the Sun-Man mini comic book, way back in 1985! After all of these years I must say that I'm truly AMAZED at all of the feedback concerning Sun-Man and The Rulers of the Sun. Before I share some vital information I just want to say that it was a joy and an honor to work with The Olmec Toy Company on this project. At the time of Sun-Man's creation (the mid 1980s), there were little, if any, Super-Hero action figures in the marketplace that featured people of color. So, in that way, the product was unique! Now, concerning the mini-comic book, here's what happened: Way back in 1985 when I became the illustrator for the Sun-Man comic book, I was relatively new to the process of color separation. Also, it was not clear to me how the book was going to be colorized. The pencil colors that I used were meant only as a guide, not as the actual finished product, which is what ultimately occurred. Now, as far as the black and white illustrations are concerned, the original artwork was actually very, very good! However, due to an ever looming deadline, I was not able to finish illustrating the book. That is why there is a difference between the style of the illustrations at the book's beginning and those at the end. But, through it all, Sun-Man, Pig Head and The Rulers of the Sun became a reality! And THAT was a Great Accomplishment!!!

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    I'm one of those guys who would like to see MOTUC end up being 1000 figures. I would love to see some custom Omec stuff
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by soulart7 View Post
    Greetings All, Soulart7 here! I REALLY LOVE THIS DISCUSSION!!! Here's why: I was the original illustrator for the Sun-Man mini comic book, way back in 1985! After all of these years I must say that I'm truly AMAZED at all of the feedback concerning Sun-Man and The Rulers of the Sun. Before I share some vital information I just want to say that it was a joy and an honor to work with The Olmec Toy Company on this project. At the time of Sun-Man's creation (the mid 1980s), there were little, if any, Super-Hero action figures in the marketplace that featured people of color. So, in that way, the product was unique! Now, concerning the mini-comic book, here's what happened: Way back in 1985 when I became the illustrator for the Sun-Man comic book, I was relatively new to the process of color separation. Also, it was not clear to me how the book was going to be colorized. The pencil colors that I used were meant only as a guide, not as the actual finished product, which is what ultimately occurred. Now, as far as the black and white illustrations are concerned, the original artwork was actually very, very good! However, due to an ever looming deadline, I was not able to finish illustrating the book. That is why there is a difference between the style of the illustrations at the book's beginning and those at the end. But, through it all, Sun-Man, Pig Head and The Rulers of the Sun became a reality! And THAT was a Great Accomplishment!!!
    Thanks for sharing your memories !

Do you remember to meet Yla Eason that time ?
    Who was the designer of the characters ?
    Do you know was there a project to release more mini comics ?
    Did you get all action figures that time ?

Thanks again and excuses for many questions

Widget
    Yes, It was Great working with Yla during the early stages of designing the comic. She was always very energetic and optimistic. I believe the main characters were created by Yla's son, who was, maybe, only 3 or 4 at the time. He was BRILLIANT! He actually explained his "world" of heroes to me! It was Awesome hearing this, in great detail, from someone so young! Presently, I am not aware of any new project to release more mini-comics, and, needless to say, I received samples of Sun-Man and Pig-Head to use for my illustrations. Thanks for your questions. Take care, and be well!

Yes, It was Great working with Yla during the early stages of designing the comic. She was always very energetic and optimistic. I believe the main characters were created by Yla's son, who was, maybe, only 3 or 4 at the time. He was BRILLIANT! He actually explained his "world" of heroes to me! It was Awesome hearing this, in great detail, from someone so young! Presently, I am not aware of any new project to release more mini-comics, and, needless to say, I received samples of Sun-Man and Pig-Head to use for my illustrations. Thanks for your questions. Take care, and be well!
    I thank you for your kind....

Who was the designer of the characters ?
    I can answer this question for the Butterfly Woman line of figures, since everyone is credited on the cardback.

Artist: Floyd Cooper and Dennis Decker
    Sculptor: Frederick Jackson II
    Costume Designer: Carolyn Poole
    Hair Stylist: Jeffrey Woodley

Loving soulart7's posts.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Widget
    Floyd Cooper is also a well established Children's book Illustrator and Author!
    Last edited by soulart7; January 29, 2014 at 06:21pm.

It's an honor to have you post and share your experience with Olmec and Sun Man. Thanks for joining the org! This thread got me into collecting the line and now Im hooked. What an amazing cast of figures and back story to the line and company. I recently got my first loose mini comic, "Battle for the RAYS" and had a blast reading it. They dont make stuff like that these days. I dont see any credits on the mini comic for the artist or author, did I overlook them?

The Sun Man line has a cult following and for those who can afford the figures its, one of the holy grail lines of all action figures. Thanks for your post and hope to read more from you on the topic.

Widget
    You're very welcome!

You're very welcome!
    Hey, soulart7 !

Do you have in hands any kind of merchanding or publications of 'Rulers of the Sun' toys ?

It would be great to see a rare or an unproduced image of that obscure toyline...

Widget
    Greetings Monteeg! I'll look around my archives. You never know!

- - - Updated - - -

It's an honor to have you post and share your experience with Olmec and Sun Man. Thanks for joining the org! This thread got me into collecting the line and now Im hooked. What an amazing cast of figures and back story to the line and company. I recently got my first loose mini comic, "Battle for the RAYS" and had a blast reading it. They dont make stuff like that these days. I dont see any credits on the mini comic for the artist or author, did I overlook them?

The Sun Man line has a cult following and for those who can afford the figures its, one of the holy grail lines of all action figures. Thanks for your post and hope to read more from you on the topic.
    Thanks thorns02 for the kind words. The mini-comic that I illustrated included all of the credits. This comic book was in the first series of Sun-Man. Go to page two of this thread. Someone has scanned the entire book, so you can see it for yourselves. After you look at it, then refer to my initial comments about how the illustrations were produced. It should all make better sense then!

Check out the Sun-Man Webcomic. Go to mrasheed.com, then click on web comics, then click on Sun-Man Returns.http://www.mrasheed.com/
    TIME OF THE TWINS
    TEST OF THE TWINS
    WAR OF THE TWINS

HE-RO

IN THE NAME OF GRAYSKULL
    GRANT ME THE POWER

HE-MAN

I HAVE THE POWER

SHE-RA

I AM SHE-RA

Thank you for your awesome story!

Thought I'd show off my Sun-Man collection so far! If anyone has a Pig-Head head or weapons let me know!

Also just got this guy in the mail today!

Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!