Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sun-Man and the Rulers of the Sun

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Mattel should absorb the entire collection. heheh

http://www.blacksuperherofan.com/wp-...SunManTeam.jpg
    LOL! Looks like the blonde guy walked into the wrong part of town.

Wow! Never seen ALL of these guys before (I think just Sun-Man Pig-Head)...viva diversity!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I've got Sun-Man version two and for all of the people that said they "had" the other characters besides Sun-Man & Pig Head please post pics because Sun-Man & Pig Head were the only production figures made....

And if the company went Bankrupt and out of business who owns the rights to Sun Man??
    Last edited by Megalodon; July 7, 2012 at 02:18pm.

Investigation Needed.

This is worth an investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I've got Sun-Man version two and for all of the people that said they "had" the other characters besides Sun-Man & Pig Head please post pics because Sun-Man & Pig Head were the only production figures made....

And if the company went Bankrupt and out of business who owns the rights to Sun Man??

I found a website that has the most pics and info available. Just click on the right column for pics(A-Rulers of the Sun, B-Sun-Man, C-Later releases...).

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...FLine_Id%3D132

The only thing this website's missing is scans of the mini-comics. I would love to see those!
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    While I don't have any of the figures from the Rulers of the Sun line, I would imagine that at least the first wave of 6 figures were made for two reasons: 1) There's an order form that exists where you could send away for them. (Strangely all the the secondary male characters are shown sans accessories) and 2) All 3-figures from the Butterfly Woman line made it to production. Speaking of Butterfly Woman, I'm happy to report that I was lucky enough to score a MOC Amandla for $15. Should be coming to in the next few days. I'm so excited.

I'm guessing that maybe stores didn't order very many of the secondary characters and hence they're extremely rare. In one article, Yla Eason reported that Sun-Man was selling approx. 500 figures a day. I think the secondary characters would be considerably less.

I can confirm at last another figure was released besides Sun Man and Pig Head.
    A few months ago, I watched an eBay auction of a loose "Holographo" guy.
    I remember it reached a high price !

Also, I discovered that Pig Head villain has a variant figure...indeed, a member from Org has both versions

Anyway, I really like to see at least Sun-Man and Pig Head in a KO MOTUC ! Where's Working Class Villains guys ????

Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post

The only thing this website's missing is scans of the mini-comics. I would love to see those!
    I have a Butterfly Woman figure and if the comic is anything like hers, it's more like a wordy "Golden Book" than an actual comic.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I recently bought a sealed first edition Sun-Man. The mini-comic was included! So, for your viewing pleasure, enjoy.....

The Rulers of the Sun mini-comic "Battle for the RAYS!" (inside, it also says "Sun-Man Meets Pig-Head")

*The artwork ranges from good to terrible. You can see a lot of the mistakes and corrections in this mini-comic. It looks like the pages were originally done in colored pencil, though the mini-comic itself is well made, it's a little glossier than the original MOTU mini-comics. Yla Eason created Sun-Man, and I believe her son (who was probably only a few years old at the time), Menelik, is credited on page 6.
    Last edited by The All American; July 8, 2012 at 06:41pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing the comic! That's so cool. That's weird they start to rhyme...and keep rhyming up to the very end though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Thank you All American!! I've been wanting to see that for a long time. I love Chem-Brain and Cube-Face, I never knew Pig-Head had any lackeys. And I never expected Sun-Man's alter ego to be a cowboy, but I love that he rhymes when he talks. This would have made a great cartoon!
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

OMG !
    Thanks for sharing, The All American !

I thought ToyGuru himself illustrated this...
    I've beem looking for a complete Pig Head but it's almost impossible to find.

Cool comic. Here's what I have coming to me in the news few days. Amandla The Super Psychic! Apparently her name is supposed to mean something in Zulu but I can't recall what at the moment. Love her skin tone, features and draggy makeup. I'm disappointed that is seems like her 3 weaves/hair pieces never made it to production. (unless they're tucked behind her or something...lol)

She reminds me of someone famous but I can't put a name with the face.

You're all welcome

Here's the last page, in case anyone wants to join the Fan Club. July 31st is the deadline. Oh, 1986, never mind....

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    You're all welcome

Here's the last page, in case anyone wants to join the Fan Club. July 31st is the deadline. Oh, 1986, never mind....

Thanks for sharing...unfortunately, I am a bit late !

Do you know if there are other mini-comics ?

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Thanks for sharing...unfortunately, I am a bit late !

Do you know if there are other mini-comics ?
    That, I don't know. I would imagine this was the only 1985 Rulers of the Sun mini-comic. But Tallstar's Butterfly Woman figure looks like she comes with a mini-comic!

Earlier in the thread, someone was asking for proof of the existance of figures other than Sun-Man and Pig-Head. Check out this awesome site:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Series_Id%3D97

Does anyone here has pictures of both Pig Head versions ?

Check out this awesome article on Sun-Man and Buttefly Woman from 1986. Notice that the MOC Buttefly Woman packaging is missing the mini-comics.

For larger images:

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...erflywoman.jpg
    http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...rflywoman2.jpg

Masterenglish made a great custom of Sun Man a while back.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...custom-Sun-Man

Check out this awesome article on Sun-Man and Buttefly Woman from 1986. Notice that the MOC Buttefly Woman packaging is missing the mini-comics.

For larger images:

I think all 'Digitinos', 'Bolt Men', 'Holographos' and 'Space Sumos' produced are in this picture !

I received my Pig Head last week and I loved him...he is all MOTU !
    Anyway, that's an amazing picture from an amazing collection.
    Thanks for sharing, Tallstar !

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Yes, quality is very good. I just wish I could find more than just Sun-Man! Pig Head will pop up every long while, and I saw a Holographo carded a while back. Other than those, I haven't even seen the others except for that one picture.

Cool comic. Here's what I have coming to me in the news few days. Amandla The Super Psychic! Apparently her name is supposed to mean something in Zulu but I can't recall what at the moment. Love her skin tone, features and draggy makeup. I'm disappointed that is seems like her 3 weaves/hair pieces never made it to production. (unless they're tucked behind her or something...lol)

She reminds me of someone famous but I can't put a name with the face.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ss/amandla.jpg
    Amandla means 'power' in Zulu and Xhosa languages (Xhosa is the language (though there are others) famous for the clicking sound in fact you pronounce Xhosa "~click~Clawsa" where the click is intwined with the Cl as we would pronounce SH or TH) She looks a bit like Jill Marie Jones from Girlfriends, but there is an actress or singer in the 80s she looks like too but I can't for the life of me remember who.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

*thumbs up for the information*

You know, I keep going back to Nell Carter's friend, Addy (Telma Hopkins) on Gimme A Break for some reason (picture her done up in 80s makeup), although I feel like that's not quite who I'm thinking of. I feel like maybe the person I'm thinking of doesn't exist / that I'm crossing Telma with Bernadette from the 80s group Klymaxx or that she's part of another musical group....lol

EDIT:

For your reading enjoyment...

I got a Pig-Head in a lot of vintage MOTU a while back and am now addicted to this line! What have I gotten myself into. Here are a couple of MOC Sun Man figures. First release (with the hard to find Sun-Man sticker on the bottom of the bubble) and then a later 90's release (Flat Top Sun Man) with the NA themed card.

Anyone have the other 5 figures in the line complete/loose? (Pig-Head, Digitino, Bolt Man, Holographo, Space Sumo)