Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sun-Man and the Rulers of the Sun

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by thorns02 View Post
    Then you should check out this thread from beginning to end if you have the time. Pretty awesome line that is in my opinion the hardest (and expensive) lines to find these days.
    That's pretty cool they look better than the Remco Warlord line.The Pig Head figure is awesome he'd fit right in with the rest of Skeletor's gang.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFall View Post
    That's pretty cool they look better than the Remco Warlord line.The Pig Head figure is awesome he'd fit right in with the rest of Skeletor's gang.

That's why I bought one...

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    This is a Wrestlers of the World by Sparkle Toys figure.

http://actionfiguresca.proboards.com...ay&thread=4643

Dude thanks! I was wondering where he came from, it was kinda driving me crazy.

I have a lead on a loose Bolt Man and a carded Digintino. Finally! I already have these one, but thought Id throw it out there for the rest of the Sun Man collectors. I dont think they will come cheap however.

I had Sun Man toys when I was a kid, and I bet my mom still probably has it in her basement, lol! Great toy line that died way before its time. I would subscribe if Mattel were to absorb them into MOTUC, can you imagine what the 4 Horsemen could do with these designs? All fans should go and check out Sun Man and Butterfly Woman's Facebook page and give them likes.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I had Sun Man toys when I was a kid, and I bet my mom still probably has it in her basement, lol! Great toy line that died way before its time. I would subscribe if Mattel were to absorb them into MOTUC, can you imagine what the 4 Horsemen could do with these designs? All fans should go and check out Sun Man and Butterfly Woman's Facebook page and give them likes.
    Do you remember which figures do you had ?

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Do you remember which figures do you had ?
    I had Sun Man, Pig Head, and the Blond dude...I also had one of the butterfly girls, but I forget which one. I loved Sun Man's costume!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I had Sun Man, Pig Head, and the Blond dude...I also had one of the butterfly girls, but I forget which one. I loved Sun Man's costume!

Do you still have the Pig Head weapons (mace and shield)? If so, please PM me.

"More powerful than Spiderman. More awesome than Superman. Mightier than He-Man."
    Well, that's some pretty big talk there for a knock off
    That said, I kinda want some of these. MOTU always lacked in black characters I think and the possibility of cross-overs has my imagination going crazy XD
    Last edited by dragonrider1227; May 28, 2013 at 11:38pm.

Be careful dragonrider1227, trying to collect the entire Sun Man is likely to drive you insane. They are so hard to find and if you do find one, the prices are hefty. I debate its easier to find them carded these days than finding them loose/complete. Good luck in your hunt if you go for it!

I've noticed from these comments that it's rather hard to find them. Pity.

Super rare variant found, Solar Power Sun-Man. Luckily he had all of his accessories when I found him at the flea market for $2.

photo IMAG2272_zpse7a299cd.jpg

No need to be starting rumors, Master. You'd likely cause Sun Man collectors to have a heart attack. Great work on the custom Sun Man. Very well done!
    Last edited by thorns02; November 15, 2013 at 12:30am.

Any news about Sun Man missing figures and variants ?

This is going to be a double edged sword for me here, so hang in there. First, Yla Eason lives and works In NYC. She has not, nor has she been in hiding. She was not indited over any of the prison labor incident.
    Many human rights groups were up in arms over it, but China's laws don't apply in the U.S. & vice versa.
    Her creditors were satisfied by the relinquished 10,000 Malcom X figures.

However, I do not support Sun-Man or any product whose license purchase resulted in Ms. Eason gaining any financial compensation. I support the "Idea" of Sun-Man, and would happily purchase him with the above proviso, I do not support the woman.
    Last edited by Mezmiro; November 6, 2013 at 02:40pm.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Guys, please remember that topics of politics (racism), should be kept in the Tar Swamp. This would be a great topic for that forum though.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I was wondering...why Olmec changed the body of Pig Head (and J-Hook Sun Man too) in wave 3, using a Sparkle's body shape ?
    Did Olmec had the rights for that ?

It seens Olmec had a deal with Hasbro and used GI Joe molds to create its 'Bronze Bombers' toy line...on the other hand, I don't know if Yla had a deal with Sparkle that time too...

Is it possible Pig Head changed himelf in time, like his enemy Sun Man (from Arnold to Flat-Top and J-Hook) ?

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Guys, please remember that topics of politics (racism), should be kept in the Tar Swamp. This would be a great topic for that forum though.
    I apologize for that, it was not my intention to stir up any trouble. Again, I do think that the figures are well done, and if I decide to start collecting the vintage figures Sun-Man would be among the top 10 for me to get. The message for the line is awesome and most of the figures are great.
    I sincerely hope I did not offend anyone, as such, I have edited my post to remove the material.
    Again, sorry about that.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list

Heroic Warrior
    Can anyone tell me if this card back is and original or a bootleg? The listing say it is a 1994 Sun-Man Jhook but I thought they stopped making Sun-Man in 1985.
    221311597709.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221311597709...709%26_rdc%3D1
    Last edited by Jedi_Kunle; November 6, 2013 at 08:38pm.

I'm not sure if the figure is a bootleg or not. The seller did pull the listing citing an error with it.
    Marquis de Sade
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmiro View Post
    I apologize for that, it was not my intention to stir up any trouble. Again, I do think that the figures are well done, and if I decide to start collecting the vintage figures Sun-Man would be among the top 10 for me to get. The message for the line is awesome and most of the figures are great.
    I sincerely hope I did not offend anyone, as such, I have edited my post to remove the material.
    Again, sorry about that.
    No worries.

You should start a thread for that topic in the Tar Swamp.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    No worries.

You should start a thread for that topic in the Tar Swamp.
    Oh, I don't think that's necessary. I was just explaining my reasons as to why I wouldn't support Mattel buying a license that would benefit her in anyway.
    Marquis de Sade
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list

Well, it only took 2 years, but I finally got a carded Amandla. Pretty nice shape too. Anyone else pick up any Olmec figures lately?

photo 7449d8b3-39b2-4f4a-8186-7da0117b722e_zpsd6134561.jpg

photo cda2b2d5-c69e-4292-b239-a49df1de93ab_zpsaf5611e1.jpg

This is a fantastic thread. I love knockoffs and SunMan & Rulers of the Sun is one of my favorite and most elusive lines. I seem to find a loose, naked SunMan every few years at toyshows, but have never been lucky enough to grab a pighead or any others for a bargain price. I just grabbed my latest SunMan a few weekends ago and he was the most thoroughly played with version I've ever had. Massive scrapes on each of the feet, missing all the fingers on the open hand and both thumbs, half a nose, and scrapes throughout the hair. But He's still SunMan, which means he's pure awesome, so I set out to fix him up a bit:

And without the wings:

Another ultra rare variant found, this time Lunar Light Moon Man, as far as I know it is the only one in existence. The regular Moon Man only made it to prototype stages, and only 2 or 3 are known to exist.

photo IMG_1482_zpsbbd97770.jpg