Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Mini-Comic Cover Revealed

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)

Third Mini-Comic Cover Revealed

Cover of the third mini-comic has been revealed (courtesy of Jon Kallis)--the cover is displayed in a USA Today story which can be read here!!!!

Worth noting:

*Rio and Extendar are atop Grayskull Tower;

*At the base of the tower Photog is battling Beastman;

*BG Teela (ugh) is fighting Horde Troopers, while Flying Fists He-Man takes on Terror Claws Skeletor;

*King Hsss, flanked by Sssqueeze and Tung Lashor, holds the Havoc Staff in addition to his own staff;

* Stratos and four other Avionians (one of whom looks female) are flying behind Orko near Viper Tower.
    Last edited by Telkan2; July 6, 2012 at 05:49pm.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

That.
    Is.
    Super.
    Cool!

Love it! Does my heart to see Extendar again. I hope he's in the middle of the comic. Interesting to see that Flying Fists/Terror Claws are on the cover. I kind of thought Skeletor would be in his Dragon Blaster attire. Really looking forward to seeing where this all goes.

O__O *goes to read article*

Crazy how many comics are coming now... when it rains, it pours! Looks awesome, very vintage!!!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

I love it!

Nice!!
    I love it!!

I wish the DC Comics had more of this style...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

A bit surprised (though not disappointed) they didn't go with a painted cover here, though. I love how old school this looks.

Why is Battleground Teela at the 2nd Ultimate Battlegound? At that time she's already the new Sorceress, isn't she?

Thanks for posting this. I like the cover.
    And...there's blondie Battleground Teela, with She-Ra nowhere to be seen. Here we go

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Whhy is Battleground Teela at the 2nd Ultimate Battlegound? At that time she's already the new Sorceress?
    Well, her name is Battleground Teela for a reason

Good article...but did anyone else cringe at this statement? lol
    "The best is still yet to come. It may be the 30th anniversary, but I can't wait for the 60th."

BTW to confirm speculations:

The one character most fans hound them to make? Ram-Man. He's proved troublesome for Martinez because, to make him right, his team would have to start from scratch in terms of tools to make him and couldn't borrow parts from other figures. "Whenever we deal with characters like that, it's always frustrating."
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Flying Fists He-Man

Could my most coveted (MOTU) variant be around the corner?!?!?!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Why is Battleground Teela at the 2nd Ultimate Battlegound? At that time she's already the new Sorceress, isn't she?
    I REALLY like the cover, but yes...this bothered me when I saw it on Facebook. Teela is now the Sorceress. The Sorceress cannot leave the castle, unless she is in her animal form (Falcon, for Teela-Na). There was ONE time Teela-Na could get out of the castle in human form because of the power of a jewel, which was exhausted and discarded.

That should be She-Ra. They have TEELA FIGHTING HORDE TROOPERS!!!! Who said that Teela isn't taking She-Ra's place?

She's blonde.
    Fights with a sword side-by-side with He-Man.
    She's fighting She-Ra's enemies!

Where IS She-Ra, by the way? She got two itty bitty pictures on page 1 of the first comic and I'm told she's not in the second one at all. That's....super lame. I mean, yes, the cover is VERY cool and exciting, but I think they completely forgot about She-Ra (as per normal, of course).

I love Teela and always have. I never saw a Teela vs She-Ra thing, like one was trying to overtake the other's position...but I completely do now. It's making me start to despise Teela a bit. ...and that's really unfortunate, because I have always loved her so much. Whomever is putting this together is doing an exceedingly poor job (so far) for incorporating both She-Ra and Teela as separate characters. They are being used interchangeably and they never were before.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 6, 2012 at 06:08pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I like the cover.
    And...there's blondie Battleground Teela, with She-Ra nowhere to be seen. Here we go
    Well, yeah. Why isn't she on the cover?

Thumbs up @ incorporating Extendar and Rio-Blast. *rolling eyes* @ BG Teela. heh

Two things: She-ra isnt in the comics because Mattel considers it a separate property, and Teela becomes Sorceress AFTER the 2nd UB when Sorceress falls.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I REALLY like the cover, but yes...this bothered me when I saw it on Facebook. Teela is now the Sorceress. The Sorceress cannot leave the castle, unless she is in her animal form (Falcon, for Teela-Na). There was ONE time Teela-Na could get out of the castle in human form because of the power of a jewel, which was exhausted and discarded.
    Although it may explain more in the comic, you're talking about filmation canon which isn't really incorporated into motuc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Two things: She-ra isnt in the comics because Mattel considers it a separate property, and Teela becomes Sorceress AFTER the 2nd UB when Sorceress falls.
    Who then sends He-Man back in time to the first Ultimate Battleground?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    In MOTUC, She-Ra defeated Hordak and he fled to Eternia. She-Ra and some Great Rebellion members followed him there. They joined He-Man as the "Renegades." She's in the first mini-comic on page 1. First and last panel:

ALSO, Mattel said the new DC series is free to use She-Ra in their comic.

Although it may explain more in the comic, you're talking about filmation canon which isn't really incorporated into motuc.
    Well...ALL canon's with the Sorceress had it that way. The only canon's that didn't (Pre-Filmation)...she didn't exist. Not sure about MOTUC's Sorceress bio though. I'm going to go check.

EDIT: Yeah, no mention of Zoar at all in any of the bios.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 6, 2012 at 06:22pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I love the vintage look to the cover! Flying Fists He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor!!! And is that Rio Blast and Extendar in Grayskull Tower!?
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    It's not too bad...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Well...ALL canon's with the Sorceress had it that way. Not sure about MOTUC's Sorceress bio though. I'm going to go check.

EDIT: Yeah, no mention of Zoar at all in any of the bios.
    In MYP, the Sorceress left Grayskull with lessened powers, defeated Prahvus, and hooked up with Fisto.
    But while the bios tend to follow MYP, it's still a new canon and that leaving-grayskull rule might be discarded.

In MYP, the Sorceress left Grayskull with lessened powers, defeated Prahvus, and hooked up with Fisto.
    But while the bios tend to follow MYP, it's still a new canon and that leaving-grayskull rule might be discarded.
    Oh, that's right. I thought that was before she became the Sorceress. Still, story continuity doesn't matter that much in MOTUC. Ex. Veena in Sorceress colours. She becomes Sorceress AFTER King Grayskull dies. I think someone tried to dispute that, but it's directly in Temple of Darkness Sorceress' bio.

ANYTHING's fair game in MOTUC's canon!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    She-Ra is left out in the cold ... again. Perhaps she went for afternoon tea at Frosta's place.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I can't @ Mattel making Battleground Steala.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...Awww, don't fret, She-Ravers!! We know she and He-Man together defeat Horde-Prime, so I wouldn't count her out!!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

The Sorceress left Grayskull all the time in the Vintage mini comics.

I love this cover!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!