Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Mini-Comic Cover Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    In MOTUC, She-Ra defeated Hordak and he fled to Eternia. She-Ra and some Great Rebellion members followed him there. They joined He-Man as the "Renegades." She's in the first mini-comic on page 1. First and last panel:

http://youbentmywookie.com/wookie/ga...wmotualves.jpg

ALSO, Mattel said the new DC series is free to use She-Ra in their comic.

Well...ALL canon's with the Sorceress had it that way. The only canon's that didn't (Pre-Filmation)...she didn't exist. Not sure about MOTUC's Sorceress bio though. I'm going to go check.

EDIT: Yeah, no mention of Zoar at all in any of the bios.
    In the mini comic THE SEARCH FOR KELDOR the Sorceress changes into her real self outside the three towers explaining after He-Man asks how is that possible " A lot has changed since the towers arrived." She was able to leave Grayskull now and that makes sense since the towers were hidden before Veena became the guardian and locked herself up at castle Grayskull.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...26image%3D2093

That She-Ra is no where to be seen is terrible the same goes for any member of the Great Rebellion!!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    The Sorceress left Grayskull all the time in the Vintage mini comics.
    I only remember "atral projections" like when she was above the flower, for example. Anyway, I asked about She-Ra and Battleground Teela. I hope TG answers!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...m%2F4911086467
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Best variant of Skeletor represent. I hope he's in the pipeline, sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    In the mini comic THE SEARCH FOR KELDOR the Sorceress changes into her real self outside the three towers explaining after He-Man asks how is that possible " A lot has changed since the towers arrived." She was able to leave Grayskull now and that makes sense since the towers were hidden before Veena became the guardian and locked herself up at castle Grayskull.
    Oh, good catch! Still...why would she leave the Castle abandoned during this HUGE battle? I mean...someone could just walk into the Castle and take over while everyone else is distracted fighting. It has NO ONE watching it! Unless, that's where they put She-Ra...

That She-Ra is no where to be seen is terrible the same goes for any member of the Great Rebellion!!!!!
    Another good point. Members of the Great Rebellion followed She-Ra to Eternia and became members of the "Renegade Masters" yet only She-Ra is shown in the first comic. I don't get it. If they joined up (like the MOTUC story states), where they hell are they?!

Random mention: King Hiss has his snake staff AND Skeletor's Havoc Staff on the cover!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 6, 2012 at 07:49pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    She-Ra and other rebels could be on the interior ya know?

Also the rule with Sorceress not leaving Grayskull is thrown out the window when the towers are present as the power of Grayskull is directly related to Grayskull tower.

EDIT

Maybe people will get my joke about the Extendar orgy now after seeing the cover.

Awesome comic cover- EVEN BETTER ARTICLE!!! Have we seen this kind of news coverage for MOTUC yet outside of the usual places (MTV Geek, The Fwoosh, etc)? USA Today?! This might be the biggest advertisement for He-Man in recent years
    I'm already tired of this new Battleground Teela Vs. She-Ra fan war... people forget the classic continuity where once the Three Towers arrived on Eternia, the Sorceress COULD leave Castle Grayskull and fight. This is what Battleground Teela is doing fighting alongside He-Man during the Second Ultimate Battleground. And why not? After all, THESE TWO ARE GETTING MARRIED AND MAKIN' BABIES AT SOME POINT in the MOTUC timeline! She should be right there by her man
    Also, I know there's no telling who Mattel are going to throw at us next, but it is rather exciting seeing Extendar, Rio Blast, Tung Lashor... not to mention Terror Claws Skeletor and Flying Fists He-Man on the cover- this almost feels like it's picking up where the classic mini-comics left off and going forward from there... wish they could continue! Oh wait, that's right- we have two new DC series continuing after these mini-comics end!
    Last edited by zodak74; July 6, 2012 at 07:53pm.

Anyone else notice Fearless Photog fighting Beastman?

I like the cover. It feels very old-school.

it would have been REALLY cool to have She-Ra there instead of BG Teela. Have BG Teela in the background...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I like the cover.
    And...there's blondie Battleground Teela, with She-Ra nowhere to be seen. Here we go
    No. Not "here we go."

She-Ra is as important to many fans. She is just as important to me as He-Man. I'm disappointed she's not on the FINAL mini-comic.

I know you're "kidding," but that was kind of an unfair comment. She-Ra fans pay just as much money, if not MORE for this line (many of us are double-buyers, sometimes more). Our say is just as valid as anyone else's here.

Whatever... it's fine She-Ra survived the end of MOTU in the 80s. She survived the 200X relaunce. She'll survive this brand manager... even if he KILLS her...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Two things: She-ra isnt in the comics because Mattel considers it a separate property, and Teela becomes Sorceress AFTER the 2nd UB when Sorceress falls.
    Mattel doesn't consider She-Ra a separate property. Classic Media does. That COULD be at play here, but I doubt it.

Just more questions to ask at the Matty panel.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    People should calm down a little as it's very likely She-Ra shows up IN the actual comic.

Who says She-Ra or the other GR members (including male ones) aren't inside the comic?

And, that cover is AWESOME!!!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    People should calm down a little as it's very likely She-Ra shows up IN the actual comic.
    When it comes to Scott Neitlich's plans for MOTUC, I no longer make any assumptions

"in" the comic and "on the cover" are two VERY different things.

For me, this is about tying things together.

Having He-Man and She-Ra, together, on the cover of what could ostensibly be the very last mini-comic EVER, would have been an amazing thing.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I only hope and pray that we see not only She-Ra and some FEMALE rebels, but I'd also like to see SHADOW WEAVER and SCORPIA in the comic. They've had the rights for a year now. They could easily be drawn in even if they aren't give a major role.

So you all think the New Sorceress wears a bikini and goes around and hits random robots? Doesn't sound very sorceressy...

The thing is, Battleground Teela has already gotten loads of exposure. Why was it so important to put her on this cover too? Plus, it's shame that She-Ra isn't getting to debut alongside major Horde characters that were in her cartoon. It's bad enough that her world has been reduced so much in this new continutiy, but now she's probably going to get leftover enemies. *shaking head*

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    So you all think the New Sorceress wears a bikini and goes around and hits random robots? Doesn't sound very sorceressy...
    I imagine that despite being "the new Sorceress", someone like Teela is going to want to jump into battle every now and again, "old-school style", in her new He-Man-inspired outfit. It makes her more interesting (to me at least), than a sorceress who is stuck inside a castle and can't do much of anything outside it's walls. I like to think of this new Teela as someone on par with 2002 Evil-Lyn. She wasn't the old-school Filmation witch, she got in the middle of a battlefield and caused a whole lotta trouble. Maybe after a few sword slashes, Teela whips a spell out of a bag and blows half the battleground away

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I certainly don't! If they were going to distance her from the bird motif, then they should have made her cobra armor and staff Teela's Sorceress togs instead of shoe-horning in Tee-Ra.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Cover of the third mini-comic has been revealed (courtesy of Jon Kallis)
    Dang, I was so engrossed in the article when I posted it that I totally didn't realize it revealed the mini comic cover.

I love the use of Flying Fists He-Man! I too would have preferred She-Ra on the cover over BG Teela.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

There's only two things I don't care for on this cover:

1) Bikini Teela. If Teela is going to be the Sorceress permanently, then I want Mattel to design a suitable new outfit for her, instead of having her wear this DC Comics "training gear" all the time. And give her red hair again.

2) I wish Mattel would stop using The First/Second Ultimate Battleground(s) as a name for these conflicts. The Eternia playset/The Three Towers is The Ultimate Battleground. It's a location, not an event.

Aside from those minor gripes, the cover looks great. Excellent mix of characters, I like the use of the FF/TC variants, and I love the art. Easily the best of the three new minicomic covers.

Is this the very first time we've seen Orko on the cover of a mini-comic?

I forgot to mention how much I do love the art though. It's brilliant!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Dang, I was so engrossed in the article when I posted it that I totally didn't realize it revealed the mini comic cover.

I love the use of Flying Fists He-Man! I too would have preferred She-Ra on the cover over BG Teela.
    I held off on posting it for as long as I could, I swear--I saw the link pop up on your wall and then kept refreshing the board here for at least 10 minutes, waiting for you to do the honors...until the hunger for the spoil became too much, LOL!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

that cover looks awesome. i wish the dc looked like this. orko looks powerful! very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Having He-Man and She-Ra, together, on the cover of what could ostensibly be the very last mini-comic EVER, would have been an amazing thing.
    Brian gets it! Lead characters, two separate properties merged into one property. Epic! Also, it would have been like the sweet 80's ones!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I imagine that despite being "the new Sorceress", someone like Teela is going to want to jump into battle every now and again, "old-school style", in her new He-Man-inspired outfit. It makes her more interesting (to me at least), than a sorceress who is stuck inside a castle and can't do much of anything outside it's walls. I like to think of this new Teela as someone on par with 2002 Evil-Lyn. She wasn't the old-school Filmation witch, she got in the middle of a battlefield and caused a whole lotta trouble. Maybe after a few sword slashes, Teela whips a spell out of a bag and blows half the battleground away
    The only thing is though, she abandons the Castle during a battle that's really to take over the Universe (which means they want Castle Grayskull). There's no one there to protect it...which is her DUTY as the Sorceress. So, by going into battle and leaving the Castle unprotected, she's kind of turning her back on her heritage of the long line of Sorceresses that came before her.

ANYONE can sneak into the Castle while all these folks are distracted with battling each other (like Count Marzo, for example). I think it's pretty irresponsible of her. I *might* be looking too deeply into this, but I have a deep love and respect for the Sorceress (one of my most favourite characters). She died protecting the Castle (in MOTUC) and her daughter abandons it. I just...I don't know about this. Hopefully the story is good.

I LOVE the comic cover minus Battleground Teela. It just adds too many questions.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 6, 2012 at 08:58pm.

The cover art looks very good. I like the fact that the lesser known characters were present in this one, Rio Blast, Photog and Extendar! Although I do prefer red haired Teela, it doesn't bother me that she's blonde in this version. We now know that she does wear her metal bikini underneath her monkish robe. She-Ra should be shown inside the issue as she is an important character in this battle story line. 2 blondes do make a right! Plus, we've come to know to never judge a comic book by it's cover, especially these new MOTU ones
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Heroic Warrior
    Epic.

blah blah 10 characters blah blah