Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon Crystal- New reboot cartoon Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I don't know if anyone has posted this already but there will be a new series coming out next year in Japan. I also know that the original voice actors for Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask are returning. There has been no more information since this was anounced a few months ago.
    I don't know how I feel about this. The show as 20 years ago, which means the VAs are much older. I mean, I know the VA for Sailor Moon does Boa Hancock in One Piece, but she no longer sounds like she can pull off Usagi. This was teh problem with the Japanese voices for Dragonball Kai. They decided to get all of the original voice actors (unless they were dead) and most of them sucked, especially Goku/Gohan. The VA just couldn't pull off those voices anymore and it was really distracting (which is why the dub to Kai is superior).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerPowerFrosta View Post
    I hope it's the same characters. If Venus and Mars aren't Venus and Mars, I won't be much interested. But I'd also like to see a new story. I don't want to see the same thing yet again.

Unless it's done like Evangelion. Then it could be interesting.
    I want it to be done exactly like the manga. There were no Monsters of the Week outside of the first few chapters.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope they do not do it exactually like the manga, the manga wasn't very good. While I do agree the monster of the week was over done it would be nice to have a variety of monsters in there, like the 7 they get the rainbow crystals from, hords of lesser creatures like they did in the movies. Also enemies that have nothing to do with the main villian(s) of the season like the lake monster, the haunted house that turned out to a psychic powered little girl, ghosts, malfunctioning robot, etc.

Movie mayhem!
    BIG NEWS

http://www.plastikitty.com/home/tama...r-moon-figures

Tamashii Nations 2012: Sailor Moon Figures!
    BY LEAH BAYER – OCTOBER 25, 2012
    POSTED IN: HOME, PVC

People have been begging for Sailor Moon figures for a very long time, but the creator had a tight hold on the license. However, a new anime was announced recently, and it’s the 20th anniversary of the franchise. Apparently the licensers are feeling generous finally, because Bandai has snagged the license! With this and Pokemon announced in the last 2 days, they sure are hopping on the nostalgia train.

We’re getting a S.H.Figuart AND a Chibi-Art of Sailor Moon herself, and as you can see in the background the rest of the Sailor Scouts have been announced as well! I assume that we’ll get Figuarts and Chibi-Arts of all of the main 5 at least: maybe Tuxedo Mask and some of the Outer Senshi as well? Either way, I a

And there is this version too!

"I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    Matty, I am sorry, but see how design decisions to make a figure "pop", swapped limbs, and rushed paint can get you into a creative corner? This will be where my money goes.

Very definitive.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    I recently broke the seal of buying Japanese figures with an Evangelion Asuka. Sailor Mars may have to be next.

Oh lord SH Figuarts are incredible and now we get Sailor Moon!! My wallet cries today
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Oh lord SH Figuarts are incredible and now we get Sailor Moon!! My wallet cries today
    It's a good thing I have no interest in Evangelion. Did you see the guys they unveiled?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

That Sailor Moon looks AWESOME!!! How much is she going to cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    It's a good thing I have no interest in Evangelion. Did you see the guys they unveiled?
    Oh no. I didn't see. What... WHAT???

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerPowerFrosta View Post
    Oh no. I didn't see. What... WHAT???
    They unveiled Monsterarts of the angels from the series.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    That Sailor Moon looks AWESOME!!! How much is she going to cost?
    If she follows the normal cost anywhere from $35-65, it just depends how that one is done and if the US will be getting them. If the US gets them then it will be on lower end, if its JP only then its on the higher end.

I would say plan for $45 and that should work, of course the way the Figuarts work the 5 regular Sailors will be normal priced and the 3 older Sailors (Uranus, Saturn, Pluto) will be exclusives and therefore $90-120

That may seem excessive but as Dr Kain points out in the SH Figuarts thread, they come with a ridiculous amount of accessories and the paint apps/quality of the figure is light years above a $7-10 action figure
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Hell, the paint apps are light years better than a $25 toy.

I am really excited about the new show but I may be more excited about the figures. With DBZ in the SH Figuarts line it's about time another classic like Sailor Moon is getting the high end collectibles treatment. I can just imagine the accessories are gonna be nice.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    They unveiled Monsterarts of the angels from the series.
    Wow!! Some of those things look huge!

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I am really excited about the new show but I may be more excited about the figures. With DBZ in the SH Figuarts line it's about time another classic like Sailor Moon is getting the high end collectibles treatment. I can just imagine the accessories are gonna be nice.
    I'm a little iffy on a new show, but a Sailor Mars Figuart? Bring it on!

Yeah, if the show is bad at least we know the figures will be great.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Heroic Warrior
    Sounds nice.

The original show has been a guilty pleasure anime for me since i was 13 about 17 years ago when i saw it on TV and in fansub tapes, i did had a crush on some of the girls on the show even when i was a teen watching the dubbed version on Cartoon Network

But let's see how this reboot turns out
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior

New Sailor Moon Series

The new Sailor Moon series will start on July 5th of this year. Here is a preview clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Ft3viBgtQ.
    Last edited by Dragon78; June 9, 2014 at 07:09am.

I am SO excited, and I am a proud owner of the Proplica Moon Stick!!!

It's the prettiest thing I have ever bought, they plan on making the Moon Rod as well and it looks GORGEOUS!!!
    I love anything and everything Princess of Power~my goal is to make each and every one of their costumes! I hope you enjoy following my progress to reach my dreams!!--> http://www.facebook.com/ilovelovelace

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Looks nice. Also Viz is releasing all (yes even Sailor Stars) of the original series on dvd and blu ray. So I can chuck out those bootleg discs
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

I'm looking forward to the new series but I'm actually watching the japanese version subbed for the first time via hulu. I'm surprised by how great compositions and concepts are. I'm seeing the series in a whole new light, It has been both hilarious and action packed. I actually thought I would never watch this series again.

I only ever saw the toonami dub version.

Heroic Warrior
    Sounds nice, i can't wait for the blu-rays.

I always thought this was a guilty pleasure when i was a teenager and i had a crush on some of the chicks like Jupiter, Mercury, Mars and Pluto to a few others.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Sailor Moon Crystal- New reboot cartoon Thread

Today the new Sailor Moon crystal series has started world wide.

And it looks amazing.

It´s going to be same stories like the mangas so it won't be exactly like the cartoon from the 90-ties and drawn more similar to the mangas as well.

Most noticeable is the new style in the hair, extra details and accessories.

I really enjoyed the first new episode.

I´m not sure about the transformation sequence. It´s less dancy and her movements are kept simpler which is okay since Usagi is everything but a dancer but for me it lost some of it weird/cool charm. The effects are great of course but still the original cartoon transformations where a highlight of every episode and this was underwhelming at least for me.

I can´t wait for the other cast members and villains to arrive/appear.

It was an amazing new start!
    Last edited by Niki; July 5, 2014 at 04:13pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    I loved it and can't wait to see more.