Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 - Cartoon Thread - 9-29-012

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 - Cartoon Thread - 9-29-012

Figured it was time for an official cartoon thread, now that we have a release date.

So far, the only thing i don't have a problem with is the voices. from what we've heard, they all seem to fit pretty good. will have to wait for the actual show to hit before deciding anything else.. for my money, the definitive TMNT will be 2K3. And I LOVE the original series.

Last edited by Shredder; July 8, 2012 at 11:16pm.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I think this show will grow on people, I have faith those behind it will do it some justice. It looks like it will be done similar to Clone Wars, I am interested though in how young it skews in story. The 2k3 series was very mature and connected with both kids and adults.

I don't mind changes, I think TMNT is a universe like Transformers that can have many iterations and be done well.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

just released, new Leonardo trailer

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Nick will be giving the UK a sneak preview this saturday ;o)

- - - Updated - - -

https://vimeo.com/45661961... slightly different trailer, new footage!

- - - Updated - - -

new theme song - did anyone attend or tape the comic con panel?
    Geek Media -

Heroic Warrior

**** Lisa on Ninja Turtles

i was thinking maybe for the new Turtles cartoon, they should bring her back and maybe have Kate Sourcie or Tress Macneille as her voice. M-o-n-a, remember her?

She's that Sailor Jupiter lookalike mutant lizard chick that Raph had a crush on in that one episode "Raph meets his Match", one of my fave episodes.

I had a crush on her when i was 9 years old when i saw that episode and i had the action figure to her in my TMNT toy collection.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

m ona is a curse word??

I don't remember her, for me the turtle toon got too zany. for my tastes, I didn't ban it but it lost my interest
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I Remember her i used to have the toy( and she had a thing with Raph on a xruiseship as I recall)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    okay why would that name trigger the language sensor?

anyway yes I always loved ML and would make her a major recurring character
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I don't recall this character, but.... the censor may not have liked the word moan. If it's censored, then I can't alter it without getting tagged for violating the rules (again). If it's not censored, then I have no idea.
    ----------------
    Creator of Spook Central Elementary
    Writer of stuff!
    . \o/ - "Hail to the king baby ! "
    .. |
    . / \

I believe **** is slang in Italian for both "stupid" and female genitalia which is probably why it gets censored

Any italian members want to confirm or deny this?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Yes, the word in question is a naughty word in Italian, which is why it's getting suppressed by the filter.

I'm going to merge this thread with the existing TMNT 2012 Cartoon line.

Oh, and yes, even though her character was not used much, I really liked her - it was nice having a heroic female mutant around, and I thought she was a fun character. I only recently got around to ebaying the figure, actually.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I love the turtles, I really do

But there is something about the art style in this new toon that I think just looks horrendous. I'll probably give it a watch to see if the actual story and characters are good but if I was judging it on look alone "easy pass" wouldn't even begin to describe it

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Yes, the word in question is a naughty word in Italian, which is why it's getting suppressed by the filter.

I'm going to merge this thread with the existing TMNT 2012 Cartoon line.

Oh, and yes, even though her character was not used much, I really liked her - it was nice having a heroic female mutant around, and I thought she was a fun character. I only recently got around to ebaying the figure, actually.
    But the Forum rules state we must communicate in english, so why set the censor to censor a proper name that has ZERO vulgarity in english? it's silly. I understand the name D ick (though I disagree with it since you are allowed to say it on tv now even if not speaking about a person's name) but this instance I think it's very stupid. I can say "shag" on this forum but it's a filthy word in England and it's ENGLISH!!

Anywaqy, I'm looking fwd to this series in a BIG way actually. I absolutely LOVE the turtle's design in the show and toys, Splinter looks great (in the show) and I think the characters are spot on. I wasn't all that excited about the 2k3 series or the cgi movie, the 2k3 series was good but I felt they strayed too far from my area of interest witht he utrom shredder but I'm going to give it a chance again and rewatch it, I missed a LOT.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post

anyway yes I always loved ML and would make her a major recurring character
    Would you love to see Kate Sourcie play M-o-n-a? and she was one cute as hell mutant reptile chick wasn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I love the turtles, I really do

But there is something about the art style in this new toon that I think just looks horrendous. I'll probably give it a watch to see if the actual story and characters are good but if I was judging it on look alone "easy pass" wouldn't even begin to describe it
    Agreed.. if I can do somethin that looks more rounded than what we're getting... you're animation team isn't doing enough

getting back on track, Who knew there was a NICK Hotel?

Meet The Villains! Notice Metalhead...
    Last edited by Shredder; September 15, 2012 at 11:29pm.
    Geek Media -

The animation looks like it is from a bad video game, but I'll likely at least watch the first episode and see what it is like.

funny I said the exact same think in one of the other Nick TMNT threads

and I quote (myself)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Funny I think it looks really really bad. It reminds me of when video games first started going 3D back in the early days of the PS1. If you want a poster child for bad cgi cartoons then I would say this is strong contender for that role because it looks freaking horrendous

Heroic Warrior
    It's ok but the 2003 one is better.

pleasantly surprised by the pilot. The Kraang talk like Mojo jo jo..
    Geek Media -

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    pleasantly surprised by the pilot. The Kraang talk like Mojo jo jo..
    Yeah, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but the kiddie elements (mostly Michelangelo) are a definite turn-off. I like that we get the pupil-less eyes and other nods to the Eastman and Laird versions, especially the last shot of the Turtles on the roof in the intro!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I really enjoyed it wich is nice since I haven't liked a single tv incarnation since the original.

I liked it a lot but then again I love Clone Wars and this is in the same vein animation wise.

I thought the voices were great and the story was solid, 200x TMNT set a high bar that I don't think any TMNT series will ever reach.

And sue me I actually liked the theme song, dang Voltron Force getting me used to rap in a theme
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I love this theme song. It's 1,000 times better than the Voltron Force theme. I hated that one.

I really liked this pilot! I think the animation is great, and really enjoyed the fight scenes. I think the humor is perfect, and the whole thing felt very TMNT to me. It was a good mix of funny/goofy and cool. I think this is going to go over huge with kids, which I think is excellent!

I will say this, I enjoyed the new ThunderCats series (and I really don't mean this as a shot against ThunderCats by any means), but I already see this new TMNT series lasting longer. Now, we've only seen one episode, so we'll see. But I already have a really good feeling about this whole relaunch. And I'm excited!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I will say this, I enjoyed the new ThunderCats series (and I really don't mean this as a shot against ThunderCats by any means), but I already see this new TMNT series lasting longer. Now, we've only seen one episode, so we'll see. But I already have a really good feeling about this whole relaunch. And I'm excited!
    I have to agree, I mean Playmates and Nick have been on the ball as far as coordinating this launch. They got a massive amount of toys on the shelf including a kick ass playset exclusive to Toys R Us. A very hot and very sold out Classics line that obviously caters to the adult fans of the original show.

Nick promoted the crap out of it at SDCC, they have engaged fan sites about the show. Playmates reached out to indepdendent retailers like myself as well as big retail to carry the line.

And to top it all off they have the episodes up on iTunes for purchase and the web for free viewing minutes after airing.

I love the Thundercats but seriously THIS is how you launch a show

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Not a fan of the look but I like that Rob Paulsen is in this.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

I really enjoyed the Pilot episode, looking forward for more. Didn't care much for Michelangelo, but the other turtles' characterization was cool, and I loved Splinter. I liked the new theme being based on the old one.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud