Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 - Cartoon Thread - 9-29-012

Looks cute, maybe I'll give it a watch sometime. I gave up on the new Thundercats. Does it get better?

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I just got caught up. I'm really digging this show. I'm not a fan of Dogpound. He looks pretty stupid.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    If I can recommend an episode or episodes for you to check out I'd suggest:

Season 1

The King - Donatello meets Jack Kirby!
    The Shredder Strikes Back, Part 1 and 2
    Return to New York, Part 1, 2 and 3
    The Search for Splinter, Part 1, 2 and 3 - A story almost straight out of the comics, which leads to

Season 2

Turtles in Space, Part 1 to 5 - These episodes made it clear that this was the true cartoon representation of the Ninja Turtles
    Secret Origins, Part 1, 2 and 3 - Great origin of the Utroms
    What a Croc! - They meet a brother of the ooze, Leatherhead
    The Big Brawl, Part 1 to 4 - The incredible Battle Nexus Tournament and can you say Usagi Yojimbo

Season 3

Time Travails - Renet!
    Hun on the Run - A pretty good Kirai episode
    The Real World, Part 1 and 2 - Leo and Usagi team up in a parallel feudel Japan populated by anthropomorphic samurai animals
    Exodus, Part 1 and 2 - The ultimate showdown. The Turtles must stop the Shredder, no matter what the cost.

This is just the start, but it's a good start. I hope you enjoy these episodes as much as I did.
    I've seen smoe of these, The King is based on a mirage book I have actually. thanks for the suggestions, hopefully I will get time to watch soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I just got caught up. I'm really digging this show. I'm not a fan of Dogpound. He looks pretty stupid.
    yeah I HATE his design, have every since pics of his toy came out.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil Master of Warcraft
    This really has nothing to do with anything, but the 'chlorosulforic acid" has the 1203 hazard code on the placard. 1203 is the hazard code for gasoline

ninja gas.jpg

Yes I'm a nerd and I know that.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Hmm...was there no new episode this week? I hope so, or my DVR screwed up somehow.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I think it was just a Baxter Stockman repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I think it was just a Baxter Stockman repeat.
    Okay cool! Glad I didn't miss anything; thanks for the help.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Looks like we might have our Casey Jones in Corey Feldmen

From Twitter:

@Corey_Feldman is coming to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nickelodeon 2012)! No news as to who he'll be playing but apparently "he rocks Raphael’s world". Sean and Corey together again since the Goonies
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Wow. But Feldman sounds nothing like Casey Jones. He's more a Donatello, sorry Rob.

But I guess he could work as a young Casey and since April is just a kid. Not a bad choice.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

It's kinda' cool that Sean Astin and Corey Feldman are reunited for the first time since Goonies. If only Anne Ramsey were still alive...

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Wow. But Feldman sounds nothing like Casey Jones. He's more a Donatello, sorry Rob.

But I guess he could work as a young Casey and since April is just a kid. Not a bad choice.
    Well it depends on what you think Casey Jones should sound like, in the 80's he was basically Clint Eastwood mixed with John Wayne
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

anyone catch the irma easter egg from the new episode?

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/tm...slide=56385536

Heroic Warrior
    I missed the episode because I had to work that morning.

Glad to see the debut of mousers! I always loved those little guys, but I didn't like how the vintage toys were HUGE. I hope we get some correctly sized mousers in the new toyline!

Anyway: Pretty much no change to those little guys! Not that there's much to change about mousers. Make 'em small and add a TON and you've pretty much got the formula! And now Stockman is with Shredder's gang, so we're slowly building to some more interesting robotic terrors (and I'm assuming Xever's robo-legs).

MAN I am loving this show!

This episode was really good! I like how over the first couple of episodes, there are lots of references to the larger mythos - Mousers, Baxter, Metalhead, etc. Things are moving fast. However, with the Thundercats reboot last year, things seemed to move slower and there weren't nearly as many references to the larger mythos. For example, it took almost to the end of the season to see Pumyra.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    This episode was really good! I like how over the first couple of episodes, there are lots of references to the larger mythos - Mousers, Baxter, Metalhead, etc. Things are moving fast. However, with the Thundercats reboot last year, things seemed to move slower and there weren't nearly as many references to the larger mythos. For example, it took almost to the end of the season to see Pumyra.
    It helps that they are already planning stories and toys for S2 so they probably have a more clear focus. Also unlike Thundercats which seemed to be a long term plot, most of the TMNT episodes are structured so that if you have missed a past episode you won't be too lost.

I love how they are mixing the drama and comedy, and the fact they blatantly put things in that resonate with comic fans and the original animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well it depends on what you think Casey Jones should sound like, in the 80's he was basically Clint Eastwood mixed with John Wayne
    Oh yeah. Probably the worst version of the character but at least they got him right in the movie. A guy from New York who sounds like he's from New York - what a concept.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Anyone notice when Dogpound crashes through the wall near the end he says "oh yeah!" like the Kool Aid man?? I thought that was great!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yes he does sound like him but Corey Feldman is ok as him but who else thinks Elias Koteas was brilliant as him in the movies?

Who would love to see Ninjara on this series? remember her from the comics? that cute fox chick. And maybe Mondo Gecko would be fun to see too.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Yes he does sound like him but Corey Feldman is ok as him but who else thinks Elias Koteas was brilliant as him in the movies?

Who would love to see Ninjara on this series? remember her from the comics? that cute fox chick. And maybe Mondo Gecko would be fun to see too.
    Mondo Gecko would be awesome. I really hope we do get some more of the vintage characters in the cartoon and toyline instead of the usual lineup (Casey, Rat King, Leatherhead, Metalhead, Baxter etc)

I would love for the following to appear:

Tattoo
    Wyrm
    Dirtbag (personal fave)
    Groundchuck
    Ray Fillet
    Panda Khan
    Scumbug
    Mutegan Man

They should play more on the "mutant" in this series. I didn't really get into the 2002 version as it always seemd there was more alien and sci-fi influences rather than the goofy, wacky mutant creatures which made the old series great.

This new toon has some of the goofy-ness and humour of the 80s cartoon but is more in keeping with today's audience. I really enjoy it.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

It was an interesting take on Leatherhead in the last episode. I guess he'll be somewhere inbetween as far as a good guy or bad guy.

It was an interesting take on Leatherhead in the last episode. I guess he'll be somewhere inbetween as far as a good guy or bad guy.
    I liked how they brought in Dimension X, I wonder if this will all make room for the entrance of a Krang like in the 87 show

it's almost an exact take off of the 2003 introduction of leatherhead....2003 was cooler..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Warrior
    I would really like to see a real Krang not these imitations.

Really would like to see Bebop and Rocksteady.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Don't know if this is news or not, but I just read that at the end of the season, "Kraang Prime" will be appearing (who I assume will be analogous to the classic Krang), and will be voiced by, of all people, Roseanne Barr! (I kind of like that idea, actually!)

Rat King will be appearing in the next new ep, airing next week, and Karai (voiced by Kelly Hu) will also be appearing soon.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."