Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 - Cartoon Thread - 9-29-012

Yeah I get the feeling Kraang Prime will be more like the Classic one we know from the 80's, Roseanne is a pretty good choice especially if they add an effect to her voice
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah I get the feeling Kraang Prime will be more like the Classic one we know from the 80's, Roseanne is a pretty good choice especially if they add an effect to her voice
    I THOUGHT there had to be a different offshoot of the KRAANG that wasn't mindless..my guess is these are a side race or slaves of some sort that do the grunt work.

but pat fraley is still alive...why not get him?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Don't know if this is news or not, but I just read that at the end of the season, "Kraang Prime" will be appearing (who I assume will be analogous to the classic Krang), and will be voiced by, of all people, Roseanne Barr! (I kind of like that idea, actually!)

Rat King will be appearing in the next new ep, airing next week, and Karai (voiced by Kelly Hu) will also be appearing soon.
    Kelly Hu = cool..did an ok job in the 2007 movie. but that karai design is but ugly. 2003 was hot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It was an interesting take on Leatherhead in the last episode. I guess he'll be somewhere inbetween as far as a good guy or bad guy.
    not really..almost cookie cutter with the 2k3 version.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    not really..almost cookie cutter with the 2k3 version.
    I wasn't a fan of the 2k3 show, so didn't watch a large amount of their episodes, so whether close to that or not, I still find it interesting.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3174833

Roseanne is an interesting choice for Kraang Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    but pat fraley is still alive...why not get him?
    Could be a number of reasons, busy, wanted too much money, not what the producers wanted. Asking that is like asking why not just all the original turtle voices back instead of just the one
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    A promo image of Karia and Leo in a sword battle has been circulating around Tumblr. Since it could be considered slightly spoiler-ish, I'll just post the link to it: http://media.tumblr.com/7948a355b428...zbo1rz6cq2.jpg
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I found this link over at Entertainment Weekly's website and it previews this week's episode:

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/01/23...clusive-video/

I'm excited about the Rat King being introduced. He was my favorite character from the 80s cartoon.

Cool preview.

So I'm guessing the Rat King is the one scientist who turned the other one into a monkey. Sounds like the same voice ahd he has the mental powers.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    Cool preview.
    my guess too
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

From that preview, Rat King sounds like Ratchet (Jeffrey Combs).

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I have not really watched more than the first few episodes. but I liked it.
    the news that Rat King may be in it is exciting.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

The Rat King episode was creepy! Very cool overall, my kids really liked it as well!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I think he was done very well, loved Splinter though. Especially his line at the end was awesome

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Jeffrey Combs as a regular villian in TMNT? Im happy. *dances* I plan to buy the action figure when announced. Design is very Scarecrow from BTAS which Combs also voiced but I don't care.
    Last edited by Sorceress; January 26, 2013 at 05:35am.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

I really liked this episode. The Rat King was very creepy and I hope that he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I really liked this episode. The Rat King was very creepy and I hope that he returns.
    I think he will . That means we get a toy right?

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    I think he will . That means we get a toy right?
    Yup. Image already shown from the UK Toy Fair. Link on this page:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...page41:skgrin:

I loved the way they portrayed Rat King - It had never occurred to me that Dr. Falco was going to end up becoming RK.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I loved the way they portrayed Rat King - It had never occurred to me that Dr. Falco was going to end up becoming RK.
    Yeah, I never saw that coming. I thought it was a great idea and I love the new Rat King. Very creepy and cool
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I agree! I liked his back story a lot. Also, the parallels between him and the Phantom of the Opera were intriguing. I can't wait for his toy counterpart.

Not sure if I should be sharing this info or not as it might be a spoiler of sorts:fb response from jc.jpg
    He told me this in the reply plus he posted it on his Facebook page. I hope I don't get him into strife from the shows producers for breaching a contract rule or the like. I would have been happy with a simple thankyou.

I doubt that's a huge spoiler - he's already voiced two episodes, so I guess that means we'll be seeing Rat King again in Season 2.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I don't get nick so I kept waiting for it to become ready for download in iTunes. I looked into it and found out I had to buy the second part of the season lol.

Anyways, I watched it. I liked the episode, but I didn't really care for the design of the Rat King. Maybe it will grow on me. Head and hands were cool. Didn't like the coat/hat.

I've really enjoyed this show. They have done a great job with it. Awesome to see Splinter kicking ass. Reminds me of Yoda in Episode II.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I really did enjoy the new take on Rat King. The trench coat and hat are a bit jarring. It'll take some time getting used to that over the wraps. He sort of looks like Cad Bane from Clone Wars. Heh.

But I still enjoyed him quite a bit. I wonder why they went with this sort of "zombie" like design for him. Has any version of Rat King ever been like that, or is this an entirely new design?
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    There was a new episode this past weekend?! I checked and my cable listing had it marked as a rerun. Bah!

Slightly off topic, but speaking of TMNT, I'm kind of getting back into the vintage stuff. I pulled out some of my old figures from storage and have been enjoying going through them.

I need a little advise though. I made the mistake (which I'm in the process of rectifying) of storing most of these figures in our storage unit in our condo building. It's not actually inside of our condo unit.... it's in a separate room elsewhere in the building. Unfortunately this room and the unit itself aren't air conditioned and are right over the crawl space, so it gets muggy and humid in there. As a result, most of the figures have that "basement" smell to them. Any advise on a remedy for this? I've looked up some info online. Right now I have several figures in some gallon sized zip lock bags with some dryer sheets based on some info that I've found. I've also heard about using coffee grounds. Is there anything else that can be done?

Unfortunately a couple of figures even seem to be starting to suffer from the chemical breakdown of the plastic where the plastic feels sticky. Luckily this seems really limited so far. The main offenders are Slash (mainly his legs) and my April in the yellow suit with orange stripes. I was planning on getting a 'new' Slash anyway as part of my vintage one's bandanna broke off years ago, so I actually bought the 2009 reissue on Amazon for $20, and I found the same april MOC on ebay BIN for about $11 shipped.

Luckily not all of my figures were stored this way, particularly my movie star Turtles (since they cost a lot on the secondary market)... so they are all just fine. Of those there were in storage, most are still fine aside from the smell.

I have bought a few replacements on ebay for some others anyway that had parts broken off years ago. The nice thing is that a lot of the old figures can be purchased for reasonable prices.

I also recent got a figure from ebay that I never previously had... The regular figure sized version of Krang's android body. I have the large version from when it originally came out, but I never did get the small one. I didn't even know it had ever come out until probably somewhere around 1998 when Kay-Bee toys was still selling what appeared to be then-newly reissued figures on generic cardbacks. I was tempted back then to get it, but never did as I wasn't quite into toy collecting at the time like I am now.

I'm not sure if I'll ever actually start collecting this new series line. I'm still going to get the Classics. The new line is cool looking, but it just doesn't resonate with me the way that the old stuff does (if I ever do, I'll probably just get the characters that I'm familiar with). I may be tempted at some point to get the new sewer playset, though, and just use it with the vintage figures.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; January 29, 2013 at 12:31pm.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    So what did you guys think of Karai? I'm digging her thus far. Curious to see what her interest in Leo is.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

She definitely seems to be an interesting character - having only watched the very first episodes of the '03 series, I'm only familiar with her in a very general sense - so I'm curious to see where they take her. (Though I am having a bit of trouble with the concept of inter-species flirting - if that's where they take the Leo/Karai thing. And yes, the Donny/April thing is a little weird to take seriously.)