Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 - Cartoon Thread - 9-29-012

I loved how large General Traag was, perfect that he was 5 Turtles High
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    I really wish they would show Krang Prime already.

The only thing this version is missing is Rocksteady and Bebop.

Why does everyone think the Kraang are after April?

My theory is she is half Neutrino and her dad has been hiding her. Maybe she is royalty?

That or she is a robot and does not know it but I would rather she be part alien as it opens up things from a story standpoint.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Great episode! Traag is a little big, but hopefully they'll scale down the toy a bit whenever they make one. As for the whole portal thingy, it looks like it's sort of a homage to this old poster:

The whole big cylinder thingy and the base (and of course the robots with the brains in thier chests - you can even see the guns they are holding are very similar to the guns in the show!)
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I love this damned show. I haven't loved a turtles show like this EVER. 2003 I started to get into it but they lost me at Utrom shredder. if this shredder is an utrom, I won't like it but if they keep it up as they are going, I'll still watch.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I like the idea of april being half Neutrino or her having psychic powers.
    It makes sense that they are after april remember when she sent in her DNA as part of the genome project that the Krang was beind.
    I hope we get to see Irma soon since this time they made her a goth.
    Also nice old school poster.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Can't find any info on who is the voice of Traag in this. Overall the casting for this show is wonderful yet quirky (Roseanne Barr, Elvira for example) which is ok if they cast the right people in this case they did. Corey Feldman is a cool touch as a reference to the live action films too.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

I really like how the show integrates past characters (Leatherhead, Tragg, Rat King) into the current story. I really enjoyed the Leatherhead / Tragg pairing in this episode. Leatherhead is a much more interesting character than he was in the original cartoon. I can't wait for his action figure!

I came across this article about the cartoon.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...eries/2048617/

It seems that Mutagen Man is appearing at the end of the season and is going to play a big role in Season 2. Awesome!

when do new episodes start airing?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I think there's a new episode this weekend, actually.

I'm happy to hear Mutagen Man's upcoming, and the bit about the original voice actors (well, three of them - Rob Paulsen's already back) is cool - the nods to the original cartoon make me hopeful for an eventual appearance by Bebop & Rocksteady!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Yes, the article mentions that this week's new episode is about Baxter Stockman. They are going to flesh out that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I think there's a new episode this weekend, actually.

I'm happy to hear Mutagen Man's upcoming, and the bit about the original voice actors (well, three of them - Rob Paulsen's already back) is cool - the nods to the original cartoon make me hopeful for an eventual appearance by Bebop & Rocksteady!
    I like that the other Turtle voice actors are coming back even if it's a cameo .

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    Yes, the article mentions that this week's new episode is about Baxter Stockman. They are going to flesh out that character.
    I totally glossed over that part!! thanks guys!!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I am beyond excited to hear about Mutagen Man! That was my favorite figure in the vintage TMNT line. Mutagen Man is my "Mosquitor" of TMNT, so I am stoked to hear that not only is he debuting in the show this season, but that he'll have a large role in season 2! Which also pretty much guarantees we'll get a new action figure at some point! Excited!!!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I am beyond excited to hear about Mutagen Man! That was my favorite figure in the vintage TMNT line. Mutagen Man is my "Mosquitor" of TMNT, so I am stoked to hear that not only is he debuting in the show this season, but that he'll have a large role in season 2! Which also pretty much guarantees we'll get a new action figure at some point! Excited!!!
    ditto. I am most excited about this news. ESPECIALLY the figure potential. One of the best of the original series.

I love that they are making him a big part of season 2. I wonder if/who he is to begin with? I wonder if in this series they will turn baxter stockman into mutagen man lol. fly, cyborg and not mutagen mutant.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    I would love to see Baxter as the fly again, but as long as they do not make him a cyborg I will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I would love to see Baxter as the fly again, but as long as they do not make him a cyborg I will be happy.
    it looks like they are going the cyborg route though, but fly baxter was one of my favourite TMNT toys.

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I agree, I've always liked the fly Baxter of the 80s, this new one is OK though much better than the one from 2003. How about if they made him a cybernetic fly? that would be cool.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Given the proliferation of the ooze in this version, I wouldn't be surprised to see Stockman sprouting fly wings before long. Excuse me, sprouting the "Fly Wings of DOOM!!!!"

As I've mentioned before, they really are taking the best parts of the previous incarnations and mixing them well here. The baddies are more of a real threat like the 2000 series (well, except maybe for Baxter), but the fun element from the original is very strong, too. And they are doing a good job re-introducing some of the old characters with fresh twists, like Leatherhead and the Krang. I hope Nick sticks with this series like they have with shows like Spongebob; they do have a tendency of cutting things off after a few seasons, and I really think this show has the legs to go for a good long time.

As for the toys, I was afraid the new mutagen turtles were going to block things up, as they initially just sat on the pegs. They aren't flying off now, mind you, but they are starting to at least move some, leaving space for Baxter and company in the next waves.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    It looks like the next two episodes will feature Karai.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    As for the toys, I was afraid the new mutagen turtles were going to block things up, as they initially just sat on the pegs. They aren't flying off now, mind you, but they are starting to at least move some, leaving space for Baxter and company in the next waves.
    I told you guys you did not need to worry about them, Playmates timed it for Easter and that moved a lot of stock. There is always going to be variants of the Turtles that will sit around, but with the way they are refreshing the waves it should not be a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I hope Nick sticks with this series like they have with shows like Spongebob; they do have a tendency of cutting things off after a few seasons, and I really think this show has the legs to go for a good long time.
    Well its already been renewed for a Season 3 and Season 1 has not even finished airing so I think that is a good sign. Toy sales usually guide a show but in almost 30 years TMNT sales have never faltered so I think we are good for at least 5 seasons.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Any sightings of the new toys in the US? I really want a Rat King fig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    Any sightings of the new toys in the US? I really want a Rat King fig.
    Target has just started getting in the newest wave that has Leatherhead, Baxter Stockman, and Snakeweed

I'll keep my eyes open on Ebay then.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I loved how large General Traag was, perfect that he was 5 Turtles High
    Which means the toy verison will be Mouser sized.

Fear is faith in failure