Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 - Cartoon Thread - 9-29-012

I understand that the Playmates guys have to support the new show, but no way is this the best version of the show put out. I think that honor goes to the 4Kids series.
    watching some power con footage on the playmates panel and just had topoint that out
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Warrior
    I would call this version the best one so far, it has the essence of the original but is allowed to say and do things that original could not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I understand that the Playmates guys have to support the new show, but no way is this the best version of the show put out. I think that honor goes to the 4Kids series.
    watching some power con footage on the playmates panel and just had topoint that out
    I have to disagree with you there. 4kids was good but it fell apart for me pretty fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I would call this version the best one so far, it has the essence of the original but is allowed to say and do things that original could not.
    Agreed, this to me has the perfect mix of comic and older toons, i may have a few issues with it but nowhere near as much as i had witht he original toon or the 4kids one (which I still liked mind you)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I enjoyed the season premiere. I'm excited to see the new mutants and it wasn't until Mikey said Wingnut that I made the connection between the mutated bat and the vintage action figure.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Yeah, that was a neat nod. But does that mean this IS in fact the new version of Wingnut, becuase the official name for this character is "Kirby Bat."

The original Wingnut was dressed sort of like a super hero and had tiny little wings, which is why he had the big metal wings to help with flight. I always loved Wingnut, so I'm slightly disappointed if Kirby Bat here is in fact the new cartoon's version of Wingnut.

But, that being said, I still loved the premier. It was cool seeing the Turtles being so cocky after their win over the Kraang last season only to basically royally screw things up. I really like that this new cartoon shows how young the Turtles really are, and how they have much to learn as they grow.

Also, Squirrelanoid teased at the end! And I luaghed when they did the meme joke with him at the end!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Yeah, I'd like to know if Kirby is the official "Wingnut" of this show. I hope not. Great episode, though!

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to know if Kirby is the official "Wingnut" of this show. I hope not. Great episode, though!
    I would like some clarification on this too.

I wonder if they couldn't use Wingnut as the name for the toy because someone else owns that copyright?

Heroic Warrior
    I really liked the episode, especially when April got mad at the guys and the fight with Biodroid, Biotroid, or whatever it was called.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    The TMNT Facebook page today referred to him as Wingnut, so I guess it's going to stick.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    The TMNT Facebook page today referred to him as Wingnut, so I guess it's going to stick.
    Interesting.

Well, I guess this is my first real disappointment with this cartoon, then. But I'm not overly upset or anything. I'll deal with it and move on. Still love this show!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Also, unless I'm missing something discussed earlier, at NYCC this weekend at the panel they revealed two new additions to the show for Season 2 - Tiger Claw, an assassin, and Pizzaface (who looks more like Pizza the Hutt now!)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    There's a lot of complaining about the Season 2 premiere on Tumblr, but I thought it was great. The Turtles were in the exact spot in their lives as in TMNTII: The Secret of the Ooze - overconfident because of their first victory and realizing very quickly that they need to get their game face on. They still took the final battle seriously, so I don't think you can blame Kirby's transformation on their behavior. April's reaction is of course natural, but I think a good chunk of the fandom is blaming the Turtles when they shouldn't.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I think stuff like this is important to the overall growth of the Turtles as characters. Theya re teenagers, after all. They're kids. They have a lot of growing up and learning to do. I like that they are doing this with them. No complaints here.

I really enjoyed the newest episode on the Squirrelanoids. It was a great homage to Alien!

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Looking forward to Ice Cream Kitty episode. The character looks cute as (in a weird way) and Rat King returns so it's all good.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Heroic Warrior
    I really looking forward to the episode "Target: April O' Neil", were April feels that she has endangered her friends when Karai has targeted her.

I very much enjoyed the last two episodes that cleverly introduced Rahzar and Chrome Dome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I very much enjoyed the last two episodes that cleverly introduced Rahzar and Chrome Dome!

I liked the Target April episode better than the rhazar one. I can't STAND zit episodes. it's just catering to the teen audience and being gross at the same time.
    Last edited by Shredder; November 26, 2013 at 01:59pm.
    Geek Media -

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    I think Corey Feldman in this show is a nice reference to the older fans like us who grew up on the movies.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I liked the Target April episode better than the rhazar one. I can't STAND zit episodes. it's just catering to the teen audience and being gross at the same time.
    I liked both episodes about the same. I didn't mind the zits on Mikey because the show is aimed for a younger audience. The grossness didn't bother me because I thought that they played it for laughs. I also like how Mikey is the one naming all of the new characters - Wingnut, Rahzar, and Chrome Dome. It's a nice nod to the old series and toys, but it still introduces them to a new audience. I don't think that you necessarily need to know the old characters to understand how their new versions fit in with the current story.

I am really enjoying Casey and his relationship with April - Red!

I have to admit, I was a little hurt by the Turtles talking about how gross Mikey's zits were because I suffer from adult acne. That, however, has more to do with my own insecurities than the writing. The only real strike against the writers I can give is Rhazar's entrance, which felt too much like a blatant toy commercial. Rhazar wasn't even a new character, just Dogpound with a redesign and an unnecessary new name just to renew the copyright. His new mutation wasn't integral to the plot, nor was it thematically consistent with anything that's happened in Season 2 thus far.

Yet one error in 30+ episodes is a strong track record for a series. TMNT, My Little Pony, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are the top TV shows currently airing, and you could make a strong argument that TMNT is the best of the bunch.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Warrior
    I really liked the "Target: April O'Neil episode" as well and can't for the next one.

The new episode introducing Slash was pretty awesome! I have always liked evil versions of character like Faker, venom, etc so I always liked Slash.

I am actually happy they kept him evil and actually had a good reason for him to act the way he did.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    The new episode introducing Slash was pretty awesome! I have always liked evil versions of character like Faker, venom, etc so I always liked Slash.

I am actually happy they kept him evil and actually had a good reason for him to act the way he did.
    two solid ones in a row...i still don't like the double mutation idea...I guess they wanted to make rhazar a main character...
    Geek Media -

I can't help but wonder if Slash is evil because the mutation messed with his brain as Raph mentioned, or if Slash/Spike was just always that twisted and angry.