Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 - Cartoon Thread - 9-29-012

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I absolutely loved it! The jokes were hilarious and both episodes packed with dialog. My only complaints are that Splinter is a human-turned-rat again and that Donatello has a major case on April. Poor guy's going to get his heart broken when Casey comes on board.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    CGI in theory, in the long term becomes cheaper and faster to turn around. once all the models are made and the animations are set, it's a lot easier to produce. I LOVE GREAT 2d animation (Young Justice, Avatar) but I also love good CGI, I find that TMNT uses CGI in a pretty unique way, they use it at time LIKE a 2d program would not to mention the mixed media stuff. as an animation enthusiast, I like seeing experiments done.
    I agree, as an artist, about the animation. I do like seeing things experimented with. the first half an hour i was not sure how i would like it. it reminds me of kung fu panda, the flash backs they do on that are 2d..... but the more i watched, the more i like it. it breaks things up alittle bit. and I think that it adds some interest to the art.

as far as the show over all, my 8 year old daughter laughed out loud the entire time. because of that, I know this show is good, period. that is my reference.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    CGI in theory, in the long term becomes cheaper and faster to turn around. once all the models are made and the animations are set, it's a lot easier to produce. I LOVE GREAT 2d animation (Young Justice, Avatar) but I also love good CGI, I find that TMNT uses CGI in a pretty unique way, they use it at time LIKE a 2d program would not to mention the mixed media stuff. as an animation enthusiast, I like seeing experiments done.
    CGI is cheaper in the short term as well. TMNT clearly wants to follow the setup of Clone Wars and I think a large part of that is due to the toys.

I do like how the show mixes comic book style, 2D and CGI though. I think it blends really well
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I didn't mind it. It was good enough for me to become invested as a viewer so I wasn't just waiting for it to end.

However, the weapon twirling was completely overdone but the most annoying thing was the overused anime influence. The exclamations, the pulsing forehead vein plus others are really, really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    The design of Snakeweed was interesting - kind of gruesome how he ripped his legs apart (you could see the bones, etc. inside.)
    !
    Yeah I noticed that too. I thought 'ouch, that has to hurt'
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I didn't mind it. It was good enough for me to become invested as a viewer so I wasn't just waiting for it to end.

However, the weapon twirling was completely overdone but the most annoying thing was the overused anime influence. The exclamations, the pulsing forehead vein plus others are really, really annoying.
    Kids LOVE weapons twirling!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Kids LOVE weapons twirling!
    Kids have killed the toy and cartoon industries. Their opinions should count for nothing.

I liked it, more importantly my daughter and two sons loved it! I heard them laughing and it kept them entertained for an hour. Thank God for DVR!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I thoroughly enjoyed the 1 hour episode. Whenever I watch old 200x He-Man episodes I always say to myself during the opening "Twirl your weapons! We'll be more relevant to kids if we twirl our weapons!" And here we are in 2012 and kids still dig the twirling weapons.

Well no Thundercats will they or wont they issue here, TMNT renewed for 26 episode S2

Via Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Nickandmore
    The show has been renewed for season 2!
    Quote Originally Posted by TMNTmaster
    26 episodes are planned for season 2..
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hopewell View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the 1 hour episode. Whenever I watch old 200x He-Man episodes I always say to myself during the opening "Twirl your weapons! We'll be more relevant to kids if we twirl our weapons!" And here we are in 2012 and kids still dig the twirling weapons.
    my kid steps back, takes his sword by the center, holds his head back so he does hit it, and pretends to twirl it furiously.

and he thinks its epic as he smiles with a big grin after he is done.

well done i tell him.

My son loved it and I thought it was ok...Not a fan of Splinter being human turned rat and the animation is a little weaker than I would expect. But as I said, my son loved it and all his little friends at school have been talking about it so I think they have a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well no Thundercats will they or wont they issue here, TMNT renewed for 26 episode S2

Via Twitter
    And that is the big difference between a Nick show and a Cartoon Network show

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    And that is the big difference between a Nick show and a Cartoon Network show
    Seriously we would be on a 6 month break now and then random episodes at odd hours if it was CN

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    My son loved it and I thought it was ok...Not a fan of Splinter being human turned rat and the animation is a little weaker than I would expect. But as I said, my son loved it and all his little friends at school have been talking about it so I think they have a hit.
    I agree the animation's not the best but as long as the story is engaging (which I found it was) than I'm not going to complain that it's not Pixar quality. Honestly it looked a little better during the actual show than it did in the previews.

I've always preferred Splinter as Hamato Yoshi's mutated pet rather than Yoshi himself as well but I do think the new twist

Karai is his daughter
    will make a good plot point.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

WOW! Awesome turtles news! already getting another season AND TMNT will be part of powercon next year! So it'll be MOTU. TMNT and TCATS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I agree the animation's not the best but as long as the story is engaging (which I found it was) than I'm not going to complain that it's not Pixar quality. Honestly it looked a little better during the actual show than it did in the previews.

I've always preferred Splinter as Hamato Yoshi's mutated pet rather than Yoshi himself as well but I do think the new twist will make a good plot point.
    Yeah I think that is a plot point that will happen as well and would make a good plot twist and bring up some great story ideas
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    WOW! Awesome turtles news! already getting another season AND TMNT will be part of powercon next year! So it'll be MOTU. TMNT and TCATS!

Yeah I think that is a plot point that will happen as well and would make a good plot twist and bring up some great story ideas
    I agree it's a good plot point, but I still would have perfered the pet rat angle. Awesome that next year will be TMNT involved as well, hadn't heard that....I soooooo gotta get to Powercon!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    So I wonder if Splinter's daughter is actually alive ... and grew up to be Karai...
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Heroic Warrior
    I really liked it and this one feels more like the original toon than the 23K and comic versions but still does have elements of those things including possibly the movies.

I think they should do Bebop, Rocksteady, Modo and some other characters back.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    I agree, as an artist, about the animation. I do like seeing things experimented with. the first half an hour i was not sure how i would like it. it reminds me of kung fu panda, the flash backs they do on that are 2d..... but the more i watched, the more i like it. it breaks things up alittle bit. and I think that it adds some interest to the art.

as far as the show over all, my 8 year old daughter laughed out loud the entire time. because of that, I know this show is good, period. that is my reference.
    yep, I'm an artist too and my eye is tuned in to certain things that appeal to that side of me, I enjoyed what they did with this so far.

Feedback I got from some kids is the same, they went nuts over it, and funny thing (not to belabour a point but) The boy said Leo was chosen leader because splinter knew he was the best to lead.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    CGI is cheaper in the short term as well. TMNT clearly wants to follow the setup of Clone Wars and I think a large part of that is due to the toys.

I do like how the show mixes comic book style, 2D and CGI though. I think it blends really well
    I didn't know it became cheaper in the short term now. I guess if the resources are there already it's a case for cost saving. anyway yeah I agree I love the blending of mediums. breaks it up nicely and adds to the kinetic pace of the show.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    So I wonder if Splinter's daughter is actually alive ... and grew up to be Karai...
    Well here's what we know:

Karai is set to appear on the new show -voiced by Kelly Hu

In most media Karai is Shredder's adopted daughter

Shredder/ Oroku Saki will have an adopted daughter called Oroku Miwa

Splinter/Hamato Yoshi's daughter was named Miwa

They could be different characters but the evidence seems to indicate Miwa is alive, raised by Shredder with Karai being a pseudonym

I totally missed this because I've been on vacation! Anyone know where I can watch it online?

I was a fan of the new show and I'm glad to hear that it's been renewed for a second season.

Having only watched the original 90s toon, I liked the expanded part of Splinter. He seemed to be more integral to the plot. I'm looking forward to the next episode already.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post

even better it'll be in NY so I Can finally go, yay just don't skimp on the guests, guys we want the same onse la gets and more ;o)
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletorfan View Post
    I totally missed this because I've been on vacation! Anyone know where I can watch it online?
    I didn't find it online but my listings show it will be on again Thursday at 7:00 PM CST on Nickelodeon then 11:00 PM on Nicktoons Network, Then Friday at 10:00 on Nicktoons.