Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 - Cartoon Thread - 9-29-012

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I didn't find it online but my listings show it will be on again Thursday at 7:00 PM CST on Nickelodeon then 11:00 PM on Nicktoons Network, Then Friday at 10:00 on Nicktoons.
    Awesome! Thank you so much!!

Actually it IS online: right on the main website, no less!

http://www.nick.com/videos/ninja-turtles-videos

Part one and two should be on the side, but if not, then just click on "full episodes" and they'll be there.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    They should do Leatherhead, Bebop, Rocksteady and more to bring back.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I grew up with the 80's one and thought the 200X one was brilliant and respectful (even the fast forward stuff was tolerable), and the people at Nick seem excited, so I'm willing to give it a chance. Not digging that April design though.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I am fine with april. I understand that they want some new aspects in it. I think it would be cool if april starts getting an interest in broadcasting as she moves along in this show, showing that its the same april who grows up to be a news broadcaster.

I am not a fan of the villains so far. I understand that they seem to be featuring random new villains through the show for fights, sort of ALA power rangers. But i do think that they should pull in all the old school villains. i think that TMNT actually has my by far favorite selection of villains out of every property.

Rat King and a few other more familiar villains are coming
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    I am fine with april. I understand that they want some new aspects in it. I think it would be cool if april starts getting an interest in broadcasting as she moves along in this show, showing that its the same april who grows up to be a news broadcaster.

I am not a fan of the villains so far. I understand that they seem to be featuring random new villains through the show for fights, sort of ALA power rangers. But i do think that they should pull in all the old school villains. i think that TMNT actually has my by far favorite selection of villains out of every property.
    yeah the two mutant villains do nothing for me, but outside of that I still enjy the show, looking forward to the next episode though!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I am fine with April's design but I would like her to get some character developement since she was only in the premere for a short time with little dialog and a no show in the last episode and it looks like not in the next one. Plus no Casey Jones so far but hopefully he will be in the first season sometime soon. I also would love to see Rocksteady, Bebop, the Ratking, Leatherhead, and Krang, and I am not counting these lesser incarnations.

If I'm not mistaken, and maybe someone has already pointed this out, they showed a couple of the villains at SDCC: The Rat King, Leatherhead, and General Tragg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, and maybe someone has already pointed this out, they showed a couple of the villains at SDCC: The Rat King, Leatherhead, and General Tragg.
    Yes they showed them durning the panel. Rat King will look quite different from his original incarnation and Tragg will be like 10x the size of his original version. Leatherhead pretty much looks how you would expect

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    boo. not a fan of that rat king. old school animated ratking was so creepy, in a show your little kid way. this new one is creepy, my kids wake up late at night sort of way!!

WHOA...That Rat King is awesome! I might actually buy that toy! Never was a fan of the Rat King...and heck, he somehow got last boss status on the Tournament Fighters game; I never understood that. Anyway, the only thing I think that redesign is missing is some items that makes it obvious that he's the Rat King. I'm hoping he's covered in rats under the cloak!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    WHOA...That Rat King is awesome! I might actually buy that toy! Never was a fan of the Rat King...and heck, he somehow got last boss status on the Tournament Fighters game; I never understood that. Anyway, the only thing I think that redesign is missing is some items that makes it obvious that he's the Rat King. I'm hoping he's covered in rats under the cloak!
    I was thinking the same thing!

Did anyone notice that the show Leo was watching, 'Space Heroes', looks suspiciously like Filmation's 'Star Trek' series from the early 70's?
    Last edited by mbaker; October 12, 2012 at 06:19am.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    Did anyone notice that the show Leo was watching, 'Space Heroes', looks suspiciously like Filmation's 'Star Trek' series from the early 70's?
    yep, I loved that a great nod to all us old folks. I thought don was watching it though
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Attached Images Attached Images
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I've watched the first couple episodes. It's ok. The animation didn't look as bad to me as in the previews, although I'm still not a big fan of it. I don't really like that they did a younger version of April, but I'll see how it goes. I'll stick it out for at least a few more episodes.

Ha i loved in the new episode that shredder's henchman was basically Chuck Norris.

I still think him and the other henchman will become dogpound and fishface, shredder's main two mutants.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Ha i loved in the new episode that shredder's henchman was basically Chuck Norris.

I still think him and the other henchman will become dogpound and fishface, shredder's main two mutants.
    Good call! At least that one guy WILL be Fishface, 'cause his accessories are both butterfly knives of sorts.

I love the suggestion that the new Rat King keeps rats underneath his cloak... That's a bit like one of the ghosts in the Christmas Carol, there was an excellent film version in the 80's that hid two small malnourished children under his cloak. It was VERY scary...

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yes they showed them durning the panel. Rat King will look quite different from his original incarnation and Tragg will be like 10x the size of his original version. Leatherhead pretty much looks how you would expect

http://rrrotoku.com/files/2012/07/k5rsQ.jpg
    Freelance live music photographer - check out my website:
    http://www.mattfsphotography.com.dpg.cc/

Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mattfsMSN

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post

However, the weapon twirling was completely overdone .
    I just watched all the episodes. I really like the show other than the excessive weapon twirling. I was skeptic of the design and CGI, but I think it works well. All of the krangs are strange instead of just one. Their speech is annoying.

Just need some Rocksteady and Bebop.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    boo. not a fan of that rat king. old school animated ratking was so creepy, in a show your little kid way. this new one is creepy, my kids wake up late at night sort of way!!
    I agree the new Rat King looks creepy
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I was excited to see Baxter Stockman in the new episode. However, I was a bit confused why he didn't end up mutating into a fly? I'm really only familiar with the original cartoon when he was a fly. Did this happen to him in the comics or the 200x series?

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I was excited to see Baxter Stockman in the new episode. However, I was a bit confused why he didn't end up mutating into a fly? I'm really only familiar with the original cartoon when he was a fly. Did this happen to him in the comics or the 200x series?
    As far as I know it was exclusive to the Fred Wolf series. but he was turned into a cyborg in the comics. in the 200x series he kept changing into different things i think.

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Yeah, I think the folks who are only familiar with the 80's cartoon may not realize a few things that are different in the original comics, 200x cartoon, and other media.

Baxter Stockman was only turned into a fly in the 80's cartoon. That didn't happen to him in the original comics or the 200x series, but as was stated he did turn into cyborgs and such.

The Kraang were also called the Utrom in the original comic and the 200x series. The 80's series only showed us one, and named him Krang. So this new cartoon seems to have gone back to the idea that there is a whole race, but instead of calling them Utroms they are going with The Kraang, sort of like a nice mash-up of both versions.

I'm really digging this show so far. It's a LOT of fun!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos: