Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 - Cartoon Thread - 9-29-012

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    She definitely seems to be an interesting character - having only watched the very first episodes of the '03 series, I'm only familiar with her in a very general sense - so I'm curious to see where they take her. (Though I am having a bit of trouble with the concept of inter-species flirting - if that's where they take the Leo/Karai thing. And yes, the Donny/April thing is a little weird to take seriously.)
    and remember, the producers where saying the reason they aged own april was because it was 'creepy' to have an adult woman hang out with four teenage turtles. Now we know why they did it for an even creepier reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I really did enjoy the new take on Rat King. The trench coat and hat are a bit jarring. It'll take some time getting used to that over the wraps. He sort of looks like Cad Bane from Clone Wars. Heh.

But I still enjoyed him quite a bit. I wonder why they went with this sort of "zombie" like design for him. Has any version of Rat King ever been like that, or is this an entirely new design?
    1994 rat king for his last appearance had a redesign of him wearing a trench coat and hat. never understood WHY they changed it after all that time..but they did
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Well Karai was fun! Looks like if they go with the eventual downfall of Shredder then Karai would have the personality to make the Foot at least a tiny bit less evil. Looking forward to a toy of her (that is, if they decide to AT LEAST give her some knee articulation. Come on guys. I know you can.)

Anyway: One more episode of Shredder threatening with his blades but otherwise being totally cool with failure. They're gona have to make a Sauron-fodder type guy soon to show that Shredder actually punishes failure in some way other than "GRRR! You don't want these blades to come out! They'll uh...well they're sharp. LOOK HOW THEY CUT THIS TOMATO!" ...of course I totally understand the standard cartoon thing and I don't expect him to kill anyone, but even Skeletor in the 200X toon hung his minions over some lava. Come on Shredds! You gotta catch up.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Having not seen the 2003 series, was Karai in that? Was she also Shredder's daughter? I was slightly confused by this. Did she mean father in the mentor sense or father in the biological sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    Having not seen the 2003 series, was Karai in that? Was she also Shredder's daughter? I was slightly confused by this. Did she mean father in the mentor sense or father in the biological sense?
    She was his adopted daughter in the 2003 series.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm not a super-expert on Karai or anything, but she's been around for a few different continuities between comics, cartoons, etc. (she was also in the 2007 CGI TMNT movie).

Here's a wiki page on her:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karai

The first time I personally ever heard of her, though I still didn't know much about her, was in the Super Nintendo version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters (a Street Fighter-like fighting game). She is in it, but I don't recall much back story for her off hand.

2003 series spoilers below if you haven't seen it:

In the 2003 series, she was the adopted daughter of the initial main Shredder from that series. Though that Shredder was actually an utrom. The utroms originated from the early comics, and they are a race of alien brain creatures. This went on to inspire Krang in the 1987 series. The utroms as a race were part of the 2003 series, with the initial main Shredder being part of that race and wearing a robotic suit. In the 2003 series, I believe at one point after that Shredder's defeat/"death".

I haven't watch the series in full (despite having most of it on DVD), but I believe she later takes on the mantel of the Shredder, obviously a female version. There's also later on an "original" demon Shredder or something that the Turtles battle when they go back in time or something, as well as a Cyber Shredder that, if I recall correctly, came up during the transition from TMNT Fast Forward to TMNT Back to the Sewer (these were both continuations of the 2003 series, but went through title changes and theme changes for the show.... sort of like when the 200X He-Man cartoon transitioned into MOTU VS. The Snakemen).

Both Karai and the Utrom Shredder appear in the animated movie "Turtles Forever" that was made in 2009 in which by way of dimensional travel, the 2003 Turtles meet the 80s cartoon Turtles.

Obviously she wasn't the biological daughter of Shredder in that series since he was an alien brain, but for this new series, who knows. As per the wiki page, in some continuities she is his daughter, in others she's not, or it's just not specified.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I just got caught up on the show. Storywise it's not bad at all. I still prefer 2003 series over this but it's still good. Some of the humour seems a bit off now and then timing wise. I don't mind the designs of the characters, I would prefer better animation though but I am most likely more used to Clone Wars and movie calibre CGI. This is really my big problem with April, I don't mind her on the design but the way she looks animated it awkward.

Karai did in the 2003 series.

My guess in this series who she is

She is actually Splinter's real daughter, but I could have just missed where he explicitly said he found their bodies
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I really enjoyed the latest episode. I thought that there were a lot of humorous parts, especially with Splinter when he called the Pulverizer a "doofus".

I'm also intrigued as to where the Kraang subplot is going. It advanced a bit this week and it got me excited about upcoming episodes.

So far this version of TMNT been lots of fun and well made. Any classical villain or ally should return for this show? And only small thing annoys me. Not sure does anyone else shares it with me. I feel Michelangelo is too low intelligent.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    How many episodes have there been so far, I need to find out if I have them all.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    How many episodes have there been so far, I need to find out if I have them all.
    16 episodes have been shown so far. Wikipedia has a list of all the episodes.

BAM! TMNT just got season 3 greenlit which is awesome since season 2 is still in production and season 1 hasn't finished airing. This is a really good sign for the boy in green!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    BAM! TMNT just got season 3 greenlit which is awesome since season 2 is still in production and season 1 hasn't finished airing. This is a really good sign for the boy in green!
    Yup I was just going to post about that

#Booyakasha!!! It's just been announced that #NickTurtles has been picked up for a THIRD season! #26MoreEpisodes #TMNT
    Not sure if anybody realizes how big of a success this thing is right now
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yup I was just going to post about that

Not sure if anybody realizes how big of a success this thing is right now
    it's a shame the 2003 series didn't get this hot this quick i thought there where a few more good seasons out of that one
    Geek Media -

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    That's awesome to know we're good for the next two years. This show has really been a lot of fun, so I'm glad to know we're just getting started!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

thank jeebus this didn't wind up with cartoon network. it'd be cancelled and the toys sabotaged ;o).
    Geek Media -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    thank jeebus this didn't wind up with cartoon network. it'd be cancelled and the toys sabotaged ;o).
    Amen, Cartoon Network is a plague. They have been involved with the poor death of a number of high profile cartoons. Disney is also slowly becoming like CN with their haphazard scheduling and inability to promote shows properly and have them sync up with a toy launch.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    One of my favorite shows on TV right now. They have done a great job with it.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

This is good news! I'm thoroughly enjoying the series and the new line of toys.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It's a good mix of some of the more serious storylines of the 2003 show and the humor of the original; a few times it's gotten a little goofy, but i think they've found about the right balance (though Mikey is sometimes a little TOO dumb). I especially like that, for the first time, you can tell the turtles apart even without color or weapons; giving each distinguishing features and slightly different body shapes (and carrying that over into the toys) is something they've never done before.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It's a good mix of some of the more serious storylines of the 2003 show and the humor of the original; a few times it's gotten a little goofy, but i think they've found about the right balance (though Mikey is sometimes a little TOO dumb). I especially like that, for the first time, you can tell the turtles apart even without color or weapons; giving each distinguishing features and slightly different body shapes (and carrying that over into the toys) is something they've never done before.
    for me, the time it gets a little goofy, is exactly what they need. cause my kids love it. and they are under ten. the reason why no re-boots have really worked with the stuff i grew up with (this, heman, thundercats, GIJoe) cartoons is because they always cater to the audience that knows them. for me, heman should have tried to GET new viewers. 200x was for 30 year olds. in my opinion.

i have a feeling this one is going to be on for a long time, at least i hope. and with the new movie, i hope it stays and they dont try and make a different one to match up with the movie.

I agree, the charm I see is that they can take a situation like Shredder kicking their shells badly and then do some comedic element with Splinter training them.

It really takes the best of both versions of the show and blends it very well so kids love it and adults get that nostalgic feeling. I mean just the little touches like the Filmation Star Trek show they watch or the fact the 87 TMNT Theme is the ringtone on their cell phones

This is really great news about Season 3.

I really tried to not get involved with this show cause I knew that it would just be too addictive but I caved and now I love it!

I agree that the show is a nice mix of the previous shows. I was somewhat surprised by that fact. With it being on Nick, I figured it would just be over-the-top goofy. My only personal nitpick is the lack of my boys: Bebop and Rocksteady. The new mutants are good but I still prefer the originals.

While I haven't expressed my thoughts yet, I gotta say, I'm really digging the new series. It combines the best of every Turtles iteration from the Mirage comics, the '87 cartoon, the movies, and the 2003 cartoon, (Thankfully, not A sent of 'The Next Mutation' anywhere) while at the same time, being it's own thing, and doing it very well. It's great that Rob Paulsen is back, this time as Donatello. While I never would expect Jason Biggs to make such A turn, he's not A bad Leonardo. April as A teenage girl surprisingly works here. In addition to mixing the best of all things 'Turtles', it does A really good job at mixing comedy, and action. Unlike some other shows out there. (Cough*Ultimate Spider-Man*Cough) Even if the Michael Bay produced movie turns out as bad as some feared, this series will still blow it out of the water.
    Last edited by mbaker; March 1, 2013 at 04:05am.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Well from the screen grab from Combs FB page I figured there was a second season coming at least. Good to see the show get a third one well done Nick!
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Heroic Warrior
    Great episode today they finally got to fight a rock soilder and we got an interesting twist on why they kidnapped April's father.