Thread: Will I get scam from a eBay bidder?

Will I get scam from a eBay bidder?

Hi a bidder just won one of my auctions then emails me saying to please send it to his new address not register with his eBay account. If I send it and he makes a claim he never got it. Then I won't be covered correct? He can file a dispute and get the money back since my tracking will be to his new address not on his eBay account. So what should I do? Just refund him? Both his address is in AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    Hi a bidder just won one of my auctions then emails me saying to please send it to his new address not register with his eBay account. If I send it and he makes a claim he never got it. Then I won't be covered correct? He can file a dispute and get the money back since my tracking will be to his new address not on his eBay account. So what should I do? Just refund him? Both his address is in AZ.
    If you ship to any address other than the address listed on the Order Details page, the buyer could claim it never arrived, and you would be forced to refund his money. You would end up without the money or the item. Even if you upload a tracking number show it delivered to the address he requested, eBay will just view it as being delivered to the wrong address when he says it didn't arrive. Shipping to a new/different address is strictly at the seller's own risk.

From eBay: "As long as you ship to the address found on the eBay Order details page or the PayPal Transaction Details page, you are eligible for certain protections under the eBay Buyer Protection policy."

Ask him to update his eBay/Paypal address. If he won't/can't, then explain your concern, cancel the transaction, and refund his money.

Trust your instincts and follow ksensor's good advice. If the buyer doesn't want to play ball, they're automatically assumed to be shady.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I believe that if he messaged you through Ebay and asked it to be shipped toa different address that you are covered and protected.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!