Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PACIFIC RIM Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Tranformers movies=Transormers in name only aka the adventures of Shia Laboof in Bayformer land.
    Real Steal=Rock um sock um robots the movie, seriously they should have called it that.
    Pacific Rim=Japanese mech using, monster thrashing good times.

Have you seen this?
    I think it is massive!

I hope this movie rocks and opens the door for stuff like Robotech!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I am SOOOOOO excited for this movie, for me it's the closest thing we got to Grandizer/shogun warriors I'd rather that than Robotech myself.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'm hoping for Voltron. BTW, here's a new trailer. Looks jaw dropping. Just pure eye-candy:

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Looks pretty freaking awesome to me. And as for someone mentioning he expected more from Del Toro, well, he did try and and bring us Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness but the studios decided to change their minds on bringing that level of awesomeness to the screeen.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Looks pretty freaking awesome to me. And as for someone mentioning he expected more from Del Toro, well, he did try and and bring us Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness but the studios decided to change their minds on bringing that level of awesomeness to the screeen.
    I really hope he still get's to do that. He says he hasn't given up on it yet.

Heroic Warrior
    I am real exited about this one, giant monsters, giant robots, other dimensions, and not a sequel.

When he is done with this one I want him to do Hellboy 3 before Ron Pearlman dies of old age.
    Last edited by Dragon78; May 4, 2013 at 02:09pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Here's my thing why can't he try something different? why do people want artists do colour in the lines that their fans have set for them?? the reason they are such artists is because they experiment, and for some people experimenting means getting out of their own comfort zone, even if in this case it means a big booming blockbuster style movie. if it doesn't work he can do other things, I hate when fans claim personal ownership of something to the point that they don't WANT to share it with the word and don't want to see growth. Sometimes growing gets ugly, but the good news is art is fluid, it doesn't ever have to stay where it goes. (not cussing at you, just venting)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Here's my thing why can't he try something different? why do people want artists do colour in the lines that their fans have set for them?? the reason they are such artists is because they experiment, and for some people experimenting means getting out of their own comfort zone, even if in this case it means a big booming blockbuster style movie. if it doesn't work he can do other things, I hate when fans claim personal ownership of something to the point that they don't WANT to share it with the word and don't want to see growth. Sometimes growing gets ugly, but the good news is art is fluid, it doesn't ever have to stay where it goes. (not cussing at you, just venting)
    I have no problem with Del Toro doing something different, one trick ponies get boring, and like I said I think Pacific Rim is gonna be sweet

Got the NECA PR figures today.

Knifehead is a bit statue-like, but he's pretty darned cool looking.
    Gypsy Danger's artic is hindered by the design, I think, but can still achieve some cool poses and has great detail.
    Crimson Typhoon is definitely my favorite as far as articulation and design so far.

Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I think I may be willing to spring for an IMAX showing of this movie

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I am real exited about this one, giant monsters, giant robots, other dimensions, and not a sequel.

When he is done with this one I want him to do Hellboy 3 before Ron Pearlman dies of old age.
    ^ This. Looking forward to meeting Ron Perlman @ Oz Comic Con Melbourne next month. Hasn't this already been made and is called Robot Jox :P. "I'm gonna get in this thing and I'm gonna kick your @ss!!"
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Heroic Warrior
    Well that is cool that you get to meet Ron Pearlman, He is an awesome but underrated actor.

I really can't wait for this movie.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    The movie looks boring! I wasn't impressed by the trailer.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    Well that is cool that you get to meet Ron Perlman, He is an awesome but underrated actor.

I really can't wait for this movie.
    Thanks for the good words I agree with you on the awesome and underrated part definitely. Has one of the coolest sounding voices ever. Give anything for Hellboy 3 to happen myself but I would settle for another animated movie.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Looks like this could be Del Toro's Last Airbender
    Sorry but it just screams Bayformers knock off with worse CGI.
    I'll contend it will still be better than Bayformers, but Bayformers
    is a really low bar.

Not trying to be confrontational here, just what the trailers are all telling me,
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I do think the trailers really aren't selling it all that well. I worry about a Bayformers debacle, but I just can't wrap my head around Del Toro doing that. I have too much faith in him, at this point, to think he's go there. Then again, I would have said the same thing about Tim Burton a few films ago, so who knows. I DO know I will be going to the earliest IMAX showing to try to nab one of these amazing prints:

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    Thanks for the good words I agree with you on the awesome and underrated part definitely. Has one of the coolest sounding voices ever. Give anything for Hellboy 3 to happen myself but I would settle for another animated movie.
    I still remember him as this guy

vincent1.jpg

I picked up some of the toys today.

The Knifehead Kaiju is... pretty under-articulated. His head doesn't move (his jaw does), only his larger arms move (the smaller ones are stiff), and so on.

But then it hit me: He is articulated JUST LIKE A VINYL KAIJU TOY!

- - - Updated - - -

-------

And now I've reviewed (most of) NECA's Pacific Rim toys!

http://nerditis.com/2013/06/28/life-in-plastic-toy-review-pacific-rim-series-1/

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/07/03/...action-figures

Article about Pacific Rim figures. Series 2 is:

Striker Eureka
    Battle Damage Gypsy Danger (with chain swords)
    Leatherback

I'm sure a lot of people have found these by now, but I've been doing some reviews.

Jaeger Gypsy Danger Figure Review

Knifehead Kaiju Figure Review
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Sci-Fi Fans Unite!! This is absolutely ridiculous, the film isn't even out yet and they're trying to say it's going to be a bomb. Yet sites like Rotten Tomatoes are saying it's looking pretty dang good. I'm sorry, but 'Grown Ups' was a mediocre comedy and now it's got a sequel? Give me a break. The last real good comedy I'm seen was 'The Heat' and I honestly can't think of any off the top of my head prior to that. Give 'Pacific Rim' the love it deserves and make it the summer blockbuster it should be!

http://variety.com/2013/film/box-off...ng-1200560676/

Tonight we are cancelling the apocalypse!

Going to see this tonight at 10:20 pm. So excited.

Grown Ups did not cost $150m+ to make

We are going to see it tomorrow and I am super hyped! But I am also 100% ready to find out it crashed hard at the US box office, and I mean really hard. It should do pretty good overseas but I just do not think the US is ready for a movie like this.

All we can do is support it and hope good word of mouth makes it a sleeper hit, but I think the commercials have portrayed it as a TF rip off to the general public.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JNuqEz_GCQ

Looks like this could be Del Toro's Last Airbender
    Sorry but it just screams Bayformers knock off with worse CGI.
    I'll contend it will still be better than Bayformers, but Bayformers
    is a really low bar.

Not trying to be confrontational here, just what the trailers are all telling me,
    If you have been following the development of the movie its not going to be anywhere close to the Last Airbender in terms of crappy story. The trailers have just done a pretty bad job selling the movie as anything more than Transformers meets Godzilla.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Grown Ups did not cost $150m+ to make

We are going to see it tomorrow and I am super hyped! But I am also 100% ready to find out it crashed hard at the US box office, and I mean really hard. It should do pretty good overseas but I just do not think the US is ready for a movie like this.

All we can do is support it and hope good word of mouth makes it a sleeper hit, but I think the commercials have portrayed it as a TF rip off to the general public.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have been following the development of the movie its not going to be anywhere close to the Last Airbender in terms of crappy story. The trailers have just done a pretty bad job selling the movie as anything more than Transformers meets Godzilla.
    I really hope it does well, I think it looks fantastic. TF ripoff is a stupid criticism imo because firstly these robots look nice and clean, they don't have confusing overly designed bodies and each one has a unique personality in their build. but the general public isn't well known for being very bright lol i hope to see it this weekend, this is def a big screen imax affair.

Fear is faith in failure