Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PACIFIC RIM Thread

Court Magician
    Gipsey Danger 18" review

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    REally late to the party on this one, but I finally watched it over the weekend. Much better than I expected; there really was a story and a lot of it came from the characters. Not surprising, in that the director in question usually seems to focus on that (a big reason Hellboy is one of my favorite films, and I was never a fan of the comics). I broke down and started ordering the figures as a result.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    My wife gave me the movie for my birthday. I really enjoyed it. OK, it wasn't exactly Citizen Kane, but if I wanted to watch Citizen Kane, I would have watched Citizen Kane. I wanted to watch a giant-robot vs. giant monster movie - and I was not disappointed.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Sister Edith is in the hospital this week. She is having trouble sleeping and has requested tapes of Pastor Dave's sermons..."

I watched it a few weeks ago on Red Box and REALLY enjoyed it. MUCH better than I expected.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I watched it a few weeks ago on Red Box and REALLY enjoyed it. MUCH better than I expected.
    And these are the reasons Grown Ups 2 beat Pacific Rim in the theaters. LOL Had you people watched in the theaters, or better yet IMAX, you wouldn't have just liked it or really really enjoyed it. You would have been blown away by its sheer awesomeness. At least China and the rest of Asia saved it enough that we'll probably get a sequel
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    That's as may be, but I have to tell you, at $15-$17 a pop now at my local movie theater per ticket, it's going to come down to overseas markets more and more, at least as far as I'm concerned! Seriously, that's the biggest driving factor - if my wife and I are going to shell out $30 to see a movie in a crowded theater, or wait a few months and just toss it on the Netflix queue.

That said, I do want to see this movie.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    I will never understand why anyone would choose an Adam Sandler movie over giant monsters AND giant robots!

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    That's as may be, but I have to tell you, at $15-$17 a pop now at my local movie theater per ticket, it's going to come down to overseas markets more and more, at least as far as I'm concerned! Seriously, that's the biggest driving factor - if my wife and I are going to shell out $30 to see a movie in a crowded theater, or wait a few months and just toss it on the Netflix queue.

That said, I do want to see this movie.
    FYI, BR is on sale at Amazon for only $8 because of Black Friday. G.I.Joe: Retaliation is as well, it makes a great combo. Unfortunately for me, since I'm at CG expenses, I cannot go over the limit with an extra purchase. They definitely worth the opportunity.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I liked it a lot. but not as much as I wanted to. it's the nature of the beast but I wanted them to still have a team left at the end. Killed off too many jaegers and characters. I guess I was hoping they would end as well as have a nice team set up. but i liked it a lot.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    My wife gave me the movie for my birthday. I really enjoyed it. OK, it wasn't exactly Citizen Kane, but if I wanted to watch Citizen Kane, I would have watched Citizen Kane. I wanted to watch a giant-robot vs. giant monster movie - and I was not disappointed.
    That's a really good point too many people (critics especially) can't seem to get: not every film has to be a an intense drama examining the human condition, blah, blah, yakkety-smacketty. Some movies are intended to simply be fun to watch, and they are as worthy of being made as a modern day "Citizen Kane."
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman