Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oct 2012: DC Comics - MOTU: The Origin of Skeletor #1

What a great cover! I have only read #1 of the DC MOTU series. Wasn't to impressed but as there are at least 2 more issues to read hopefully it gets better..

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Really? I thought it was refreshing to see a story-line with injustice, moral ambiguity & complexity. The black/white stuff is boring, to me.
    Oh no, I like the more complex stuff as well. But despite all of the other elements, it's true that Keldor wasn't a really nice guy either. I just think they leaned too far in one direction. I think it would have been more interesting to see this story told over several issues rather than a one-shot, and see a full story.
    Still, a decent issue. =)

I got the digital copy-pretty good, though I prefer the MOTUC canon. The art was fantastic, though not my favorite style. Overall a great read though!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I would have hoped more different origin, more to the original dimension demon. Oh well, Hordak certainly looks like some sort of demon, that is pretty radical take on him when it comes to his looks.Not sure if I like it, but I am willing to give it a chance.

Sure, a several part story over several issues would have been fun. And yes, Keldor is willing to betray people & kill them, so there's plenty to his character that is terrible. But this story shows that he felt justified (as so many people do when they do terrible things) instead of just going "muahahah! I'm so evil just 'cos!"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Oh no, I like the more complex stuff as well. But despite all of the other elements, it's true that Keldor wasn't a really nice guy either. I just think they leaned too far in one direction. I think it would have been more interesting to see this story told over several issues rather than a one-shot, and see a full story.
    Still, a decent issue. =)
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Loved this one. This wasn;t just a great MOTU comic, it was a great comic. It told a complete, compelling story in 1 issue. It added depth to Skeletor and added a level of tragedy without making him less villainous. And the art was gorgeous - both present day and flashbacks.

In a way it makes me sad, because it makes all the other new comics pale even more in comparison.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Loved this story and really liked the art
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

This was a great read! My only wish is that the others that have come before it were this good! Great art and great writing! Man…Hordak looked like a big insect!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Snappy Threader
    Local shop doesn't have it yet....no fair............I have to go back again later tonight and they "might" have it out.

Interesting. Very dark. Very poetic. Quite un-MOTU.

I appreciate fiction like this, but to me it's not MOTU and would struggle to be mainstream. I worry it'd be alienating too many existing fans and not pulling in new ones.

I wonder if the 'enchantress' was an intentional homage to the 'Search for the Past' episode where King Miro was rediscovered, having been captured by...yep, you guessed it: the Enchantress.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

They would have used the proper noun, if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Interesting. Very dark. Very poetic. Quite un-MOTU.

I appreciate fiction like this, but to me it's not MOTU and would struggle to be mainstream. I worry it'd be alienating too many existing fans and not pulling in new ones.

I wonder if the 'enchantress' was an intentional homage to the 'Search for the Past' episode where King Miro was rediscovered, having been captured by...yep, you guessed it: the Enchantress.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    I guess I'm in the minority of people who didn't care for this issue. I don't like the "Keldor was Miro's first born" story at all. If they had portrayed it like Loki and Odin, which is the way I've always seen it, then that I could sink my teeth into. But him being a Gar(or Half Gar, I guess) and being a true Prince/General...yeah no thanks. Did we even find out what happened to his face? And Hordak was just beyond weird...total buyer regret here.

Yeah, I dont mind the basic story concept, but I friggin hated the issue. I really dont care for the exaggerated watercolor look. It is not a MOTU theme to me either. The characters dont look right without the trademark beards or decent expressions. Hordak looks outright unrecognizable. Yeah, this is NOT my cup of tea.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

I thought this was a great issue! I loved the art, it really made me feel a certain sadness and sympathy for Keldor. Very emotional issue!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I really liked it, but, is it just me, or was it awfully short?

I liked. Great story!
    Lord Hordak

I enjoyed the dynamic between Randor & Keldor...
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    They would have used the proper noun, if so.
    Not necessarily. By not doing so, it's kept vague and indefinite, yet still could have been done as an Easter Egg of sorts for fans.

We'll probably never know.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Not necessarily. By not doing so, it's kept vague and indefinite, yet still could have been done as an Easter Egg of sorts for fans.

We'll probably never know.
    That's actually something I miss in these comics. Nods to existing things. Little easter-eggs for fans. Even like background-characters that only
    a fan of the property would recognize.
    That is why I doubt this Enchantress-remark was done with any thought for it to be an easter-egg. Just my humble opinion.

I personaly loved it!
    What I have really enjoyed is the way it is done. I like personal and artistic interpretation.
    Congrats to the author! I'm curious to see what will happend in the next issues.

Snappy Threader
    Great comic. I finally found it last night and I really like it. I felt some and I stress "SOME" of the art looked rather sloppy and fast, but overall a great read.

Heroic Warrior
    Great comic! Best so far!!

Heroic Warrior
    This is not MOTU for me, I regret the purchase...

I like how they portrayed Randor. Keldor however reminded me of Marvel's Loki. Those unfamiliar with the 200X canon are left clueless about how Keldor was wounded. Seeing him running around with a bare skull BEFORE he's transformed felt highly unrealistic. H.R. Giger's Hordak was a disappointment. And the issue was awfully overpriced.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I thought this was not until next year. Oh well, I've dropped the regular comic, so I really do not care about this.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.