Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oct 2012: DC Comics - MOTU: The Origin of Skeletor #1

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Anyone can share a link to this quote from Toyguru? Website? Video?
    I think it was at the mini-comic panel last year at PowerCon.

Markatisu did a video of it here:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post2834419

Edit:

Yep its in that video, 24mins in, "The Secret Origin of Skeletor", they finished writing a nine page script for it but in the end didn't have enough funds to do a forth mini-comic.
    Last edited by 13977; July 10, 2012 at 03:01pm.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Sorceress said Skeletor was "a demon from another dimension" in Filmation.
    Yeah, I know, but MGM always mentions Filmation when he talks of his early mini-comics preference.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    Promising...
    Hope we get a darker story blending all the cool ingredients we already know and perhaps some surprises.
    I would like to see Hordak training Keldor, Randor fighting Keldor, Keldor's face melting with acid, Hordak unleashing Demo-man, Demo-man possesing Keldor, the "new born" Skeletor going mad, Evil Lynn going yellow trying to get Keldor back.... and finally Skeletor taking full control of himself.
    I hope to see these things too. However, I would worry about their ability to tell such a comprehensive story in a one-shot. Maybe it will all be told through either Randor or Evil-Lyn having flashbacks about their lives with Skeletor/Keldor--his story being retold by another would leave enough gaps to leave room for future stories, and having it told by another person would also give TPTB an 'exit plan' later on if they decide to retcon something (i.e., Randor simply misremembered something, or Evil-Lyn wasn't privy to something).
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    To paraphrase MegaGearMax...a lot of us were fans of MOTU before Filmation, the Search For Keldor mini-comic, and the MYP cartoon. Skeletor was originally a demon and not a relative of the royal family.
    Yeah, but you are talking about the days when people did not know how to write character development for a toyline.

Besides, Skeletor is kind of a demon from another dimension when you put Demo-Man into the mix.

- - - Updated - - -

My name is Tony Montana, but you can call me Skullface.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    I hope to see these things too. However, I would worry about their ability to tell such a comprehensive story in a one-shot. Maybe it will all be told through either Randor or Evil-Lyn having flashbacks about their lives with Skeletor/Keldor--his story being retold by another would leave enough gaps to leave room for future stories, and having it told by another person would also give TPTB an 'exit plan' later on if they decide to retcon something (i.e., Randor simply misremembered something, or Evil-Lyn wasn't privy to something).

Too clever. Expect something simplified & dumb. (Though I hope to be wrong )
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    After reading issue #1 of "The Seeker", my interest in this is seriously diminished. And plenty of 'one-shots' are issued under the number "#1" banner.

You know, I actually prefer Skeletor's origin to remain a mystery. Why must we know all there is to know about every character so early on? Being an enigma, with so many questions unanswered, would make Skeletor even more of a threat.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Yes and yes and yes and yes
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

The cover looks amazing. I look forward to reading this one.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Absolutely RIGHT! For a character as EPIC as Skeletor and as TRAGIC as Keldor, 32 pages is pretty compressive to tell such a tale. Seeing it from others' views and experiences could be a possible safe way to tell bits / pieces and not try to CRAM what I believe such a momentous part of Eternian history into fly by. But then depending on the canon or version this series is going maybe I'll be happy they keep it from what we have as the closest thing to one as we have with the Mini/200X versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    After reading issue #1 of "The Seeker", my interest in this is seriously diminished. And plenty of 'one-shots' are issued under the number "#1" banner.

You know, I actually prefer Skeletor's origin to remain a mystery. Why must we know all there is to know about every character so early on? Being an enigma, with so many questions unanswered, would make Skeletor even more of a threat.
    Well in ways I agree with you but when it comes to Skeletor, there really is not much of a mystery as we know who he is; Randor's Bro and Miro's son. His story is that of the epic, tragic "Fall from Grace" scenario as he is a character born into a world that despised him from birth but yet was born to rule them all. So much can be built from this it's hard not to want to tell it!

Now in agreement with your post, I think the mysterious enigma angle would preferably suit a character like Hordak or King Hiss as they fit the formula; they are from other planets / dimensions so their history is shrouded cause there are no ties to Eternia except for the thirst of conquering it....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

But what made him decide to be a villian? How did he acquire the Havok Staff? How was he an apprentice of Hordak? How did he even manage to steal Adora?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Looks great!

Slow down there. You are jumping right in with all kinds of praise for the the comic and not fully knowing which direction the plot is going.

For all you know the plot could be about a some comic artist named J Staples being merged with a green demon that is later merged with Keldor.

yes. I am poking you with a stick. so if I'm going to get insta banned can I get a countdown?

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Slow down there. You are jumping right in with all kinds of praise for the the comic and not fully knowing which direction the plot is going.

For all you know the plot could be about a some comic artist named J Staples being merged with a green demon that is later merged with Keldor.

yes. I am poking you with a stick. so if I'm going to get insta banned can I get a countdown?

Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I agree. Unfortunately, these days mysteries aren't cool. Explaining every ounce of minutia for a character or franchise is where it's at.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I also hope that this origin story is not a new one - just a fleshed out telling of what we know. Leave some mystery in.

That skull on the cover is amazing looking. Happy to see Evil-lyn and Teela looking like themselves again (more or less). I'm very exicted for this.

Heroic Warrior
    So is this the book that is coming with King He-Man? Think it will have Demo-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Looks great but I hope we don't get ANOTHER origin for Skeletor....
    I'm not too fond of an all new origin myself. I wouldn't mind seeing their take on the Keldor as Randor's brother origin, because I just can't get into the Skeletor as a Demon from Infinitia.
    Last edited by Masamune; August 3, 2012 at 09:26am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm confused about something. The Secret Origins of Skeletor mini-comic is coming with the 2013 Club Eternia Exclusive figure (King He-Man). BUT, in October, DC is selling a comic by the same name...but it's more pages. Is that correct? Do we think it's going to be the same story, just longer? I'm confused about this.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    So is this the book that is coming with King He-Man? Think it will have Demo-Man?

To me that's the million dollar question.

Will 99% of it be Keldor's life and times with Demo-Man/his spirit/his ghost/whatever showing up on the final page or 2?

or will it be something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm confused about something. The Secret Origins of Skeletor mini-comic is coming with the 2013 Club Eternia Exclusive figure (King He-Man). BUT, in October, DC is selling a comic by the same name...but it's more pages. Is that correct? Do we think it's going to be the same story, just longer? I'm confused about this.
    Looks like we are getting 2 Skeletor origins, don't know if they'll be the same story as DC are allowed to do what they want!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Terrific cover. But I'm totally confused - does this tie-into the current DC/He-Man series???

Heroic Warrior

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Not another reference to Filmation Skeletor being a joke. Almost everyone has mentioned that aspect of him so far.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    But what made him decide to be a villian?
    Nothing. Villains are the heroes of their own story. He's fighting for what he believes is his right. The greatest evil-doers all have something in common; they decide that they are victims to justify what they do next.

i'm a bit confused. is this the same comic you get with King He-Man (as mini comic #4). or are these two different versions of the same story?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Not another reference to Filmation Skeletor being a joke. Almost everyone has mentioned that aspect of him so far.
    Do you mean this quote?
    The skull-faced, blue-skinned bad guy has been a comedic figure in the franchise as much as a villain, especially in the animated shows.
    tbf, it just references cartoons in general. Skeletor could be pretty funny in MYP as well - lots of comedic moments.

Anyway I'm also baffled by the two upcoming Skeletor origins comics. I wonder how similar they'll be.