Thread: Emilliano's MOTUC Visions: Peekablue

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Emilliano's MOTUC Visions: Peekablue

Emiliano takes on Peekablue!

Peekablue's design was pretty easy, as the Filmation version is pretty close to the vintage toy. As usual, Emiliano used the same hairstyle and facial features from the cartoon, mixing everything else with the toy details. The tail, not necessarily limited by the old action feature, can now be much bigger and imposing.

Oh, BTW, why Peekablue of all POP characeters? Her entire body was shared by another POP lady, so Emiliano will show how to do exactly the same in MOTUC and still stay close to both the cartoon and the toys. This should give you enough hints about the next character... one of the figures that Emiliano really has a soft spot for

Time to update that POP banner, guys!

Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 12, 2012 at 03:45pm.

Her face is beautiful, simple and lovely.

I have consistently favored Peekablue's Filmation design over the toy design but parts of this drawing have won me over. Namely the bracers, I really like the bracers.

However, I still love the rich blue of the Filmation feathers with 7 big feathers with just the "eye" painted on. The toy feathers never did it for me

The hanging draped piece of her skirt is part of both her designs, but I've always been concerned on MOTUC form it would hinder her sitting on Crystal Moonbeam like the longer male loincloths on the BC, Panthor & Griffin. I'd forego length over functionality in that case, but that's just me.

Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Wow that's a lovely illustration! Pretty girl, great color!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 10.18.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

She is just stunning!!! Would love to see her Friday!!!!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

She's fabulous.

Awesome work! I hope she's at SDCC. If she aint made this way it will be a disappointment!

Lovely work!

But how are her feathers attached?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

She looks fabulous!

Peekablue is one of my favorite characters from POP but looking at that picture i guess i will be disappointed with the figure as i put such high hopes in this figure, its impossible to satisfy me.

She looks almost as i hoped she will, she even has a neck choker, what else can i ask for!?!?

The feathers are a perfect combination of the the beautiful toy feathers and the Filmation shape which are tilted backwards.

Her hair has the perfect length and the colors on the whole figure are fibrant and beautiful.

Still....

How is her hair possible with the feathers? Will she be able to move her head with her hairstyle? Drawn - everything looks possible in real life it simply isnt...

Looks great, that's a POP character I'd look forward to...
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Lovely work!

But how are her feathers attached?
    In the 80's, the female buck had 2 holes in her back (think vampire bite mark) and they plugged in that way...and were 100% removable!

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    However, I still love the rich blue of the Filmation feathers with 7 big feathers with just the "eye" painted on. The toy feathers never did it for me
    Her toy feathers were always my favourite part! I played with them SO much as a child. I would open and close them for HOURS sometimes!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Her toy feathers were always my favourite part! I played with them SO much as a child. I would open and close them for HOURS sometimes!
    Yeah, i remember you've mentioned your love of the toy features before. If she ends up being designed like that I promise I will be happy for you and the other PoP vintage toy aficianados.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    She looks great here! She will be such a beautiful, eye catching, colorful figure! She was kinda "middle of the road" PoP figure I want in MOTUC, but this post definitely bumped her up quite a bit up my own personal PoP ladder.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I look forward to her with all her colors & that awesome green hair.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I will grumble if we don't get her in MOTUC soon!!!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!