Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WWE Meets MOTU feature on WWE.com this week!

Snappy Threader
    I am all for it if that is what happens. Love MOTU, love WWE. Perfect for me, my two favorite things. After all, Marlena is from Earth, so is John Cena, so it all ties in together, so keep reading the bios (I hope not the bios but two-packs would be kickin)!

I was in toys r us today picking up my son some batman imaginext stuff and walked to the wwf figures if there's a god please stop any mixed cross anything between the two properties. Please.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    King Hsss vs. Jake The Snake!
    As long as he has corrected shoulders I'll buy that in a second!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'm all for cross-promotion, but like many others am not a fan of the WWE. If they've cleaned things up in recent years then that's great to hear, but I also hope they've started taking better care of their stars instead of just seeing them as money makers and not caring what ends up happening to them.
    They've definitely gotten tougher on their wellness program and for the most part seem to be taking it pretty seriously. Several top stars over the past few years have been suspended for wellness violations, and have terminated the contracts of a few that refused to enter rehab. They also extend their policy of paying and providing rehab not only to their current roster but to former workers as well if they request it.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Any pack from MOTUC would oddly work well with "The Ultimate Warrior". He always looked just like he was ripped from Eternia.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

This is my favortie crossover ever. I wrestle and i'm getting MOTU ring gear made as we speak! Muscled up guys fighting evil is such a common theme across both brands and they fit well. It is great exposure.

I just don't think it's smart doing a two pack crossover again due to the price, which would be $30+. I think that's the reason the MOTUC vs DC died out. Most of us wanted the MOTUC repaints, but not the DCUC figure which was a straight re-release. Then the price was $30. If they eat the cost and sell therm for $20-25, that be much more appealing.

Let's face it, all we really want is the MOTUC figure or the wrestling figure, rarely do we want both.

I just don't think it's smart doing a two pack crossover again due to the price, which would be $30+. I think that's the reason the MOTUC vs DC died out. Most of us wanted the MOTUC repaints, but not the DCUC figure which was a straight re-release. Then the price was $30. If they eat the cost and sell therm for $20-25, that be much more appealing.

Let's face it, all we really want is the MOTUC figure or the wrestling figure, rarely do we want both.

Agreed 100%

I collect Motu nuthing else..unless it was Thundercats

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

I think TRU is mainly to blame for bungling the line. Not shipping stock to other countries when they were clogging shelves, releasing wave two in Canada all of a sudden and then Americans couldn't find those for a while or until the old stock cleared away. It was a mess.
    I have zero interest in wrestling figs but I'd buy them to get a few repaints that I want, that I know will never be released any other way.

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I think everyone's getting WAY ahead of themselves on this regarding two-packs and whatnot. They look to be doing some sort of Robot Chicken/Celebrity Deathmatch/Twisted Toyfare Theater photo pieces more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Honestly, I think everyone's getting WAY ahead of themselves on this regarding two-packs and whatnot. They look to be doing some sort of Robot Chicken/Celebrity Deathmatch/Twisted Toyfare Theater photo pieces more than anything.
    exactly. and if they do release 2 packs NONE of us are obligated to buy them. but what it is right now is a new ay of promoting the brand, there seem to be quite a few wrestlers who are he-man fans (one of them told Pee wee herman he was) if wrestling fan kids see their heroes playing with this stuff, it just may bring them into it too. Sometimes fans are so friggin closed minded and short sighted. "I don't want this so it should never happen!!!! AUUUUGH!!!" geez man to get more product the brand has to grow, that means more exposure, not everything will go as we want it, bbut growth is good. It's understandable but annoying when fans want to keep the brand their own little secret. yes the fear that they will do foolishness with the franchise exists, but the possibility that they will do it justice exists too.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

By the way like I said I was at toys r us yesterday and they had a lot of wave2 of the motuc vs dcu 2 packs still for $34.00. If they were on clearence I was gonna get a bird 2 pack for a custom. But I aw surprised that they weren't on clearence

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

I would flippin LOVE to see some WWE figures VS MOTUC figure 2 paks!!!
    ESPECIALLY if they; like was said above; were very smart an matched the figures up well.

Widget
    I would be all for a Mo-Larr vs Kane 2 pack.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Thinking this is leading to a series of 2packs is just wishful thinking.
    Regardless, the only other "main" line I collect is WWE legends/flashbacks. So seeing this lil crossover on WWE.com is really cool to me on a personal note. When I was a kid all I was doing was playing He-Man and watching WWF Superstars on Saturday mornings. So this is pretty dang cool in my book.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Andre Vs. Tytus!
    Sorceress Vs. Koko B Ware
    Wolf Armor He-Man Vs. Junkyard Dog
    Vikor Vs. The Mighty Hercules
    Orko Vs. Dink
    Demo Man Vs. Papa Shango
    Brutus the Barber Beefcake Vs. Clamp Champ
    Rey Mysterio Vs. Ninjor
    Songster Vs. Shawn Michaels
    Draego Man Vs. Kane
    Bow Vs. Bret the Hitman Hart

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    Thinking this is leading to a series of 2packs is just wishful thinking.
    For those of us interested in repaints that didn't make it into the TRU line, wishful thinking is all we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    By the way like I said I was at toys r us yesterday and they had a lot of wave2 of the motuc vs dcu 2 packs still for $34.00. If they were on clearence I was gonna get a bird 2 pack for a custom. But I aw surprised that they weren't on clearence
    me topo, they just sit there at my TRU and the prices NEVER change, not even a measly 5% off
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Who Is The “Real” Mighty Spector ? Stay Tuned !

THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    me topo, they just sit there at my TRU and the prices NEVER change, not even a measly 5% off
    Same at mine.....Stratos and Merman in the same spot on the bottom shelf forever and still 29.99.

I know a two pack with WWE probably would never happen...but i think it would sell better.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

True, but I suspect the MOTUC vs DCUC line died in part because the DC half was so lacking. Aside from Aquaman and the new Bizarro repaint, you could easily find the other figures since Superman, Lex Luthor, Hal Jordan and Hawkman were released so much and Supergirl was cheap on eBay. If Mattel had repainted the DC figures as well, the figures might have done alot better. If this thing with WWE is similar to the DC SKU, I hope they learned their lesson and made new WWE variants as well.

Besides, new WWE stuff sells QUICK!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    For those of us interested in repaints that didn't make it into the TRU line, wishful thinking is all we have.
    Well, there is still the traveling convention exclusive...if Ram Man is announced I'll bet his cardback colors might be the next con exclusive. A straight repaint helps to pay for the 100% tooling.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I like the WWE...In fact, Mattel's WWE figures are my primary collection and what indirectly introduced me to MOTUC. Personally, MOTUC vs WWE 2-packs would make more sense to me only because both figures are actually in scale with each other. I never liked that the DC figures were tiny compared to their MOTUC counterparts!

I don't expect new 2-packs to be made but I do look forward to seeing their weekly photo segments! Michael Cole vs Stinkor? I want to see match-ups like...

John Cena vs He-Man: Who's the most powerful man in the WWE Universe?

wwemotuc-a1.jpg wwemotuc-a4.jpg

Undertaker vs Skeletor: Who's the true lord of darkness?

wwemotuc-b1.jpg wwemotuc-b2.jpg

CM Punk vs Man-at-Arms: No DQ, anything goes in a steel cage!

wwemotuc-c1.jpg

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I like the WWE...In fact, Mattel's WWE figures are my primary collection and what indirectly introduced me to MOTUC. Personally, MOTUC vs WWE 2-packs would make more sense to me only because both figures are actually in scale with each other. I never liked that the DC figures were tiny compared to their MOTUC counterparts!

I don't expect new 2-packs to be made but I do look forward to seeing their weekly photo segments! Michael Cole vs Stinkor? I want to see match-ups like...

wwemotuc-c1.jpg

Hey Man, Is that a custom made Ring set ? Never seen that big WWE ring in stores. Also, where did you get the "crowds" & "cage" from ?
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post

wwemotuc-c1.jpg
    Very cool photos, dude! An Undertaker vs Skeletor match would be sweet!
    Also proof that Matty's toylines can introduce people to their other lines, and proof that these figure match up well. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey Man, Is that a custom made Ring set ? Never seen that big WWE ring in stores. Also, where did you get the "crowds" & "cage" from ?
    It's all parts from Mattel and Jakks Pacific accessories combined into a custom arena that I made for a "Pic Fed" wrestling show that I do on my spare time. The RAW ring is the short-lived Elite Scale Ring that Mattel made a while back. Sadly, because of the high price point, retailers didn't really pick it up and Mattel scrapped any plans to support this ring with additional accessories. It's probably the best toy wrestling ring made to date, though!

The crowd is made up of random TV and movie figures that I've picked up on clearance. If you look closely you'll find Harry Potter, Twilight, Star Trek, Heroes, Kill Bill, and all sorts of Neca/Mezco figures. They make for a good crowd of normal-looking people! The cage is the Hell in a Cell cage from Jakks' Real Scale Ring playset. It's an older playset made before Mattel got the WWE license in 2010. Here's another look at my arena setup...

wwealt-customarena01.jpg

wwealt-customarena02.jpg

I hope this helps and I'm glad you liked the pics!