Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS - DC Universe vs. The Masters of the Universe #3 - Talkback

SPOILERS - DC Universe vs. The Masters of the Universe #3 - Talkback

Just got the issue on Comixology...

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    I think it was great. Tony Bedard scripting it seems to be making the dialog better. It's also great to see more MOTU and DC characters.

Heroic Warrior
    It's fun. Loving the new designs and EVIL BIG BAD OVERLORD ORKO is pretty funky.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    It's official...that WW vs Teela cover is just a cover.

• About time we see He-Man turn back into Adam. I was beginning to wonder was there a reason why He-Man should ever change back. I like that he surrendered as soon as he discovered that he killed a manipulated Superman.
    • The Justice League is acting so stupidly that Batman kicks them off of his lawn. I could see WW being emotional (and it's weird hearing an Amazon refer to anyone as "my man"), but Green Lantern is hellbent on nailing He-Man and the Masters.
    • Dark Orko...the critics just got some more ammo to hate this series. If he is being manipulated by someone else, then it's okay. But if Orko was always a bad guy or something...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    IMO, the pacing was off and the JL Big Guns playing the "duped rubes" doesn't sit well.

"Dark Orko".............. I was on board until I saw the last panel. the re-design kinda ruined it for me.

Who's laughing now? I know I am.

Heroic Warrior
    I like this Dark Orko twist, it makes him more than just comic relief. Ever since Filmation it has been stated that he is great magician, so I can see him having potential for powerful good or evil magic. Adam mentioned in the miniseries that Orko betrayed the Masters, so I wonder if he was corrupted by something. We need an Orko one-shot for more info!

I stopped buying this thing.... I may buy it later if I can find it in a few months, but at the moment it holds no interest for me anymore.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

This was way better than the current ongoing series

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I really enjoyed this issue, the series does seem to get better each month.

I approve of the decision to get rid of the "secret identity" in this DC series, I thought the He-Man to Adam "power down" was done nicely and was effective. I also like the fact that we have Teela, Evil-Lyn and Marlena all working together with the other Masters.

Also the writing was much improved in this issue and it flowed nicely.

Cool to see more DC characters - especially Swamp Thing. The changes in artist was slightly off-putting though.

Loved the twist at the end, Evil Orko is pulling the strings, I approve! It's about time we saw Orko do something else other than do silly tricks and get into trouble.

I'm enjoying this story than the ongoing series - although that is getting much better, the art is bad.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Evil Orko? Hahahaha, glad to hear that not buying this comics was the right decision...

That last page was the best thing involving Orko that's ever existed.

I missed episode 2 so I just bought 3 and 2 online.
    I have the paper versions coming too.

I loved the He-man Superman fight in 2. Magic sword cuts through kryptonian skin.
    Very cool.

As for 3, lived the transformation and the way they are telling their story.

Dark Orko is cool too. Hope he looks like the Horde wraiths.

Y'know, I kinda figured it was Orko to be honest, I had the idea since the DC crossover started. I dont mind it really even though it seems out of character, this is nothing if not a bold new reimagining. I'm liking the entire DC He-Man universe honestly. I dont really think Superman is really dead but it's nice to see that He-Man is more than a match for him. I dont have the comic in front of me but I wonder if that's what Orko looks like with out his hat? or can it be? I dont really know. I like the writing of Tony Bedard but it does seem quite odd that Giffen is totally off writing any MOTU at this point, it seems like DC forced him to take a vacation from the title (dont ask me why I think that I just do, I know he's still at work writing other DC books) I read through the comic quick at the shop and it's in my bag so I didnt notice Swamp Thing, cool he's in there though. Wonder Woman crying over Superman made it more authentic for me since Supes and her are an item. I'm really liking this and the other He-Man stuff, hopefully it continues for a long while.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Am I the only one who knew this was Orko all along? It seemed obvious.

Plus, I think all of this is due to that magical mishap in Orko's digital mini comic. He alters reality by messing with a spell the Sorceress is working on.

The cover shows him as half evil.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Happy with this issue from start to finish
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    That last page was the best thing involving Orko that's ever existed.
    Truth. These comics are taking all the turds (She-Ra etc) and making them cool.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lemur View Post
    Truth. These comics are taking all the turds (She-Ra etc) and making them cool.
    FALSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This garbage is taking everything that actually is MOTu and spitting on it, throwing it out the window, and burring it under a steaming pile of feces.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Very disappointed with the ill-conceived "dark Orko" idea. Poor lil' fella.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'd say that alot of folks feared it to be Orko, but HOPED that it would've been just a red herring. I, for example, would've preferred if it was Gorpo or another evil Trollan, who just manipulated or put the blame on poor Orko.

This is pretty much like what Alan Moore did with Mr. Mxyzpltk in "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow", and it sucks as much to me as the new costumes do. I didn't need Orko to be an annoying fool in the new comics, but this zero appreciation for the source material just ain't what I want to read in a MotU comic. And it's a shame, because except for Dark Orko, I really like the crossover series so far!
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; December 6, 2013 at 03:36am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

The first and last pages SUCKED.

The first cuz of Wonder Woman's line "I saw who killed MY man!" I had no idea she was auditioning to be on Jerry Springer.

And the last, of course, cuz they finally confirmed evil Orko. Jack-holes.

Everything in between was pretty good, though. But I still can't wait for He-Man's new costume to go away...and everyone else's seem to be getting worse with each issue.
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; December 7, 2013 at 02:39am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post

The first cuz of Wonder Woman's line "I saw who killed MY man!" I had no idea she was auditioning to be on Jerry Springer.

Everything in between was pretty good, though. But I still can't wait for He-Man's new costume to go away...and everyone else's seem to be getting worse with each issue.
    It may not be orko but instead gorpo... or else maybe he was just corrupted by power or an evil entity. I guess I am fine with it for now and am willing to see how it plays out.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post

I know. That line threw me for a loop too. Very un-Wonder Woman like thing to say.

As long as Orko is evil against his will (corrupted or being controlled), I don't have any real problem with it.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Plus, I think all of this is due to that magical mishap in Orko's digital mini comic. He alters reality by messing with a spell the Sorceress is working on.

The cover shows him as half evil.
    I just looked at the cover and you're right. I didn't notice that before. Certainly sounds plausible since we know the digital comics precede the miniseries.

I really tried to get into these, i bought the first few but the brutally ugly illustrations have turned me off. Why can't they get the guy who did the castle grayskull box art to do these? Does anyone else not like the drawings?