Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would He-Man have to look like today?

What would He-Man have to look like today?

Although I'm still a fan of the classic He-Man look, what would He-Man have to look like today to be accepted in a movie? I'm sorry, I just don't think the strap like armor and furry underwear would work like they did in 1982 for a new movie.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the silver edition of Battle Sounds He-Man. Maybe they could use some sort of chain mail where bare leg and arm is showing. Or maybe they could take a little inspiration from Snake Armor He-Man and and have the strap armor molded into the full body armor. And of course, any He-Man would have to have the cross, not the stupid 2002 logo.

What do you think?

2002 he-man with more bulk, essentially the 4hm sketch prior to the focus group changes. its not the look so much that will sell this movie, it's how its done.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Chris Hemsworth in the Snake Armor would be fine with me. Add the sword from the '87 movie and give him a pet tiger!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    its not the look so much that will sell this movie, it's how its done.
    That goes without saying. But if you had put Adam West Batman in the current Batman trilogy, it wouldn't work no matter how well the movies are done.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    ..if you say one more mean thing about Adam West, I'll find you.

(..and I'll bring my shark repelant spray)

King Grayskull would be my guess. I mean, when 4H re-designed He-Man they came up with him.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

He-Man needs to look like Adam,, and he needs to look like his twin sister,, and he should look like the king and queen.

..and if he doesnt look like the filmation He-Man ..I will never pay money to see it.

I just want a good actor that can pull it off.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    I don't know. But I don't expect him to look like the toy necessarily. (But then, who could look like that?)
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Today's sermon topic: What is Hell? Come hear our choir!"

You would need to do a lot of casting and reveiwing people for Masters.

..I could do it, if those people in hollywood are tooo busy..

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBoyRM View Post
    I second that. I would some fur to it, though.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

He'll probably be more armoured in the film. Flesh will be on show, but no way near enough as we're all used to with He-Man. I'm thinking snake armour look.

Snake Armor look, but with the 200x Symbol and not the Iron Cross.

A fan, not a nostalgic
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    And of course, any He-Man would have to have the cross, not the stupid 2002 logo.

What do you think?
    I think that the 2002 logo is not "stupid" and it fits him better than the cross. A cross has been used for lots of different things, while the 2002 logo is unique to him.

For the armor, i would like to see horde armor or snake armor.
    As for the actor, it should be a wrestler like Dolph Ziggler ( another Dolph lol ) and Triple H for Randor !

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NikeBoyRM View Post
    I've seen this illustration before and I love it. All that shiny metal, the longer gauntlets and shoulder armour looks fantastice. So to try to answer the original question, I think more tasteful armour in the right places like in the illustration. I definitely want to see muscle though. Given the situation a pumped bicep is just as important as an expression on an actors face.

What if He-Man was capable of wearing more than one outfit??

What if he just got up ..and Seletor was like shooting freeze-rays at the palace,, ..so He-Man throws on his gonch and goes out there all like smell my feet bone-brain!!!!

Skeletor only ever wears a gonch anyways so he'd be like smell this mighty-mouse-man.

..or even Teala could be in her gonch.

Awesomeness.

I think a film version could still provide a fairly faithful adaptation of He-man's look without too much deviation. I'm not against an armoured look either, but I think I would leave that either for a final confrontation or a sequel where he's confronting Skeletor as a sort of 'Battle armour' He-man because he's learned more about the power of Grayskull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Truthfully, He-Man has such a boring design that I can understand the need to jazz it up for the big screen. That said, I say keep him to his roots. No fancy armor, no capes etc. The only other problem is finding a good actor with the right build. The guy who played Thor might work but even he seems kind of slender compared to how I imagine He-Man would look in real life.
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net

Widget
    I would like to see he-man with out armor on he just looks better, with armor he looks to much like a night in the royal guard instead of a barbarian look which makes him look a whole lot more impressive. And i always wanted to to see a guy that was built like arnold when he played in conan the destroyer. Not some little guy like doph was in the first masters of the universe film. he didn't look impressive at all in that movie i always pictured he-man built like conan

He-man outfit is too iconic and doesn't need too many changes. The new Dc comics look is perfect, just add a longer haircut ( please no fringe!) and it's done!

This is some concept art that Mattel did for a more armoured take on He-Man. These were done when the rights were at WB:

a817a87dd1ff69b3a3fed86e13ef16a2sdcc57.jpg

6f0b4c3cc9a9445c27fdba71d8ad3aadsdcc54.jpg

9d15ff3d872f290c877afaf8696da1d3sdcc53.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Keep his look similar to what it's been. For all the complaints John Carter got I haven't seen any about the outfit he wore which was similar to He-Man's so I don't think people will mind as long as the script and acting are solid.

Also, this is by a concept artist who was working on the film when it was at WB. I have no idea what’s going on here, but I have to confess I do like whatever it is: