Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
"There certainly are characters we don’t want immortalized in plastic;" Really? Like WHO?
Obviously my point of view on this likely differs from Mattel's, but the first two that come to my mind are The Might Spector and Sir Laser Lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
Crackers is less suitable. MUCH less suitable.
While I fundamentally agree, I still think he would be more suitable than possibly both of the above mentioned characters (especially Sir Laser Lot)!

Regarding the comments on the Goddess issue, while I am highly skeptical of the sonic welding issue being the cause of the problem, I can see where there might be some legitimacy to it because while the goddess was translucent, she's still not made up of the same kind of material as Roboto's torso or Photog's lens, which are both much harder types of plastic. But regardless of the rhyme or reason, the lack of a good solution still stinks.

The thing that bothers me about the comment about "corrected" figures taking up "production skus" or whatever is that they don't seem to necessarily be limited to the specific number of production skus. Take for example the release of Bubble Power She-Ra at the end of last year. She wasn't included in the sub, and she was kind of a random "one-off" extra figure that they decided to make. I'm sure that required a decent amount of advanced planning, but none the less they were able to add the "extra sku" as they saw fit.

The same pretty much goes for the entire 30th anniversary line of figures that we are getting this year. They were planned out as an extra series of Skus for this year that weren't going to be included in the subscription... and due to fan demand they ended up setting up a separate sub specifically for them at the last minute. The bottom line is that they could easily choose to do these updated/corrected figures as extra figures that are either not included in the sub or have their own separate sub, and therefore wouldn't be taking up a "slot" dedicated to a monthly figure or "A-list variant".

Heck, a separate sub would be a great idea! Why not (maybe next year as it is probably too late for this year) take a handful... anywhere from 3 to 6... of the figures in the line with the biggest past issues (i.e. Goddess, Roboto, King Hsss, Stinkor... even if his error was "intentional") and make a separate sub for corrected and updated versions of them. Correct whatever the problem was with them, but maybe also include some different accessories or add a little extra something here or there to make them a bit different (maybe give King Hsss a more 200X inspired head and improved snake form), but allow them to have parts that can be swapped with the original figure to make a corrected version of what that figure was supposed to be. Rather than being secretive about what figures will be included, state specifically upfront which figures will be part of this particular sub, even if the updated designs aren't revealed for all of them. Have it set up like the DCUC sub where they use that "thermometer" to gauge fan interest. If enough people sign up for the sub, then they go forward with it, it's a success, and they don't have to worry about producing figures that nobody will buy. If the interest isn't there and not enough fans sign up, then they just cancel it and nobody is worse for the wear. And if the sub does go forward, test and check the hell out of the figures and make sure that the past issues are resolved and that no new issues have been created. It's pretty much a win/win. Mattel's risks are pretty much eliminated, people who are fine with their existing figures and don't want to sign up for this sub don't have to, and the people who do want it can sign up for it and get these figures if enough people want them!

Logic... what a concept!