Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2012 Pictures, Reveals, and discussion thread!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Rattlor is about as much of a Horde member as Kobra Khan is one of Skeletor's goons, meaning none at all. Rattlor and Kobra Khan are Snake-Men no matter what. The only way I can see Rattlor being part of the Horde is if he switched sides due to how frightening and powerful Hordak was and knew that staying with Hiss would be on the losing side.

As for Dragonblaster Skeletor's bio, it fits nicely. A lame bio for a lame figure.
    Strongly agree, both of those guys are snakemen. I remember seeing it somwhere (i think in the comic books) that Tung Lashor and Rattlor said to Hiss that they only went to the Horde because the Snakemen were trapped in another dimension, something on those lines, i have pretty much everything in boxes at the moment so i cant look for it.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I always thought Mekaneck caught the techno virus and when he tried to stifle a sneeze, his neck popped out.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Really been thinking about King Randor fimlation style being the sub exclusive, TG has mentioned him a few times lately, he is a character that fans may already have so if they dont get the sub they may not be as bummed out as they were with Shadow Weaver, he is a filmation/vintage based character.

He will fit in nicely next to Marlena who was last years SDCC exclusive, i often think they do figures close together like BA he-man and skelly, i think we will see Jitsu soon conterpart for fisto.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    The vintage Teela toy had red accessories, not brown. So they are an homage to her vintage figure. I'm only disappointed not to have the shield in red too.
    I dunno about red red... maybe a reddish brown... or at least my Teela had reddish brown accessories.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I was hoping for the bio to say something about skeletor & the snake men teaming up to defend from the horde. not skeletor teaming with the masters.
    I'm sure in the 80s mini comics skeletor & the snake men teamed up at some point?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I was hoping for the bio to say something about skeletor & the snake men teaming up to defend from the horde. not skeletor teaming with the masters.
    I'm sure in the 80s mini comics skeletor & the snake men teamed up at some point?
    They did team up in the mini comics in the 80's. But you gotta think now King Hss built Snake Mountain and Skeletor took it over as his base of operations so the two of them would not like each other for that reason alone.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

yeah no kidding.
    I've followed all the myp 200x cartoons & mvc comics. also early mini comics & the new bios.
    trying to figure out how they tie into the new order to the story.
    in the 80s mini comics skeletor & the snake men were seen working together.
    it would make sense that they have a truths at this point in the story if the bios are fallowing the mini comics.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Pixel-Dan.com has some pics up now. I STILL can't get over how amazing the mini Castle Grayskull is!

http://pixel-dan.com/sdcc-2012-icon-...skull-diorama/

...and Granamyr from ALL angles!

http://pixel-dan.com/sdcc-2012-an-up...sics-granamyr/

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

curious if Granamyr gets a stand or that pit thing?

curious if Granamyr gets a stand or that pit thing?
    The pit would be REALLY cool to get! Also, seeing him SUPER close-up thanks to Pixel Dan's pictures...you can see Granamyr is molded in the LAVENDER colour of his stomach...which is VERY bad. You can see it exposed at his knees and the entire side of his body (the seams). WHY would they not mold him in RED?! I hope this is a semi-prototype or something. His paint will chip like crazy. Rule #1 of toys: mold them in the colour that takes up the most surface area on the figure. For Granamyr, that's his red skin! I HOPE this is fixed. Other than that, I think he's pretty darn impressive!

In this picture, you can see plenty of lavender:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The bad: A magical neck with magic nanites? I wish Mattel would have kept his neck length fixed. Also, no mention of Phillip or his disdain over his non-flashy powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Mek's bio is 'okay'. Again with the 'magic' nonsense to explain things, but I can swallow it this time. It does sound more technological than magical, lol. I like how it explains his never ending neck.

I have mixed feelings on these bios. DB Skeletor once AGAIN, has him playing second fiddle to Hordak. I've hated that concept since Hordak first showed HIS skull... Granted, we know how it ends with Skeletor winning... but I'm never a fan of the good guy/Bad guy team ups against the 'greater evil'....

Mekanek????

I'm not sure... He's always been one of my favorites, and there wasn't anything TOO wrong with it...

I was surprised that Sorceress and her 'magic nanites'... Not sure how I feel about it honestly...

FIRST of all... That neck was so CRAZY... that any 'mundane science' would be garbage. MAA fixing him NEVER set well with me. Just... biologically impossible.

Magic neck?? I can cut that a lot more slack.

Also, I find myself getting reminded about how Castle Grayskull was always about a blend of Magic and Technology.... Even in the early minis it was about tech from the 'lost ages'... The castle came with cardboard robots and computers... laser rifles and cannons...

Even those most canons ignore it... It's Hard to get TOO up in arms over it...

and the more they USE that concept.... the easier it is for me to accept some of the stuff I HATE from earlier in the bios... 'Cloning the power sword'.... "That TECH sword harmonizing with Grayskull..." The magic and the tech have been hand in hand for a while now...

yeah I hope that is corrected & Granamyr gets red molding not the lavender.

yeah I hope that is corrected & Granamyr gets red molding not the lavender.
    That's not lavendar, it's white. Just look at the above picture as example, the color of the elbow doesn't match the color of the belly. It's just a prototype that was cast in white, just like lots of prototypes are cast in weird colors.

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    That's not lavendar, it's white. Just look at the above picture as example, the color of the elbow doesn't match the color of the belly. It's just a prototype that was cast in white, just like lots of prototypes are cast in weird colors.
    You might be right! I hope you're right. Granamyr needs to be perfection @ his price point + shipping. I'm definitely down for one. If they make a green one later...I'll probably get that too.

Anyway, Teela wearing Weapons Pak armour and I *think* the staff:

LOVE this pic!

See? She-Ra without her tiara! People wonder why we wanted to be able to display her without her tiara.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 13, 2012 at 04:31am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    It seems odd that his neck was healed by magic, but was given a metal look & now extends. That's some crappy magic. Let's hope no one in Eternia has a groin injury.
    EXTENDAR may have benefited from this magic with another attachment!

Since the original concept for the Dragon Blaster used flammable powder (oops), I think the little dude should be called TOASTOR!!! (Also, we'll finally have a use for WUN-DAR's accessory!)

Mattypalooza can't come quickly enough.
    The Waiting=Mattel
    Me=Teh Lien
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

With Castle Grayskull do you think that is actual size of finished product Just that it states deluxe statue so was thinking it may just be a proto of a larger version to come. I hope so.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    With Castle Grayskull do you think that is actual size of finished product Just that it states deluxe statue so was thinking it may just be a proto of a larger version to come. I hope so.
    Most likely actual size.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Most likely actual size.
    Ok cool, im really looking forward to seeing Granymr free standing, he is massive. Also im wondering how he will be packed in, no doubt in the sitting position, im hoping he will be displayed in a window box even though my wallet is hoping covered box like the wind raider so i only get the one.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Will there be a live stream for the Presentation?

Any shots of DBSk and Mek MOC yet?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Any shots of DBSk and Mek MOC yet?
    Yeah I wanna definately see the MOC DB!
    So anyone?
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Mekaneck's real name does not sound stupid, which deserves to be noted. But I really loathe the "nanites" part, personally. I would have prefered just a magical neck, which leaves more to the imagination and doesn't promote the dangerous and liberticide nanotechnologies...
    I dont like the real name - Oreos? Maybe TG was eating a snack while he wrote the bio...

The explanation of his powers... Well, there are things about the origin of fantastic powers in fantasy worlds that are better unexplained.

I would prefer a deeper explanation about the relation among Mecanek and Marzo.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Wow what a waste of a bio my beloved DB Skelly got...
    Almost no mention of the dragon. It would have been clever to use the enslavement of the Gnashor (it's chained to his armour) as a move to lure Draego-Man into helping Skeletor.
    Well at least that's how I'm going to use him in my canon.
    Inspired by your idea, I'd love it if Draego man actually showed Skeletor HOW to enslave the dragon, or captured the dragon for Skelly. you're right what a huge waste of a bio!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    OK call me completely insane but I was almost moved to tears when I saw Scott "celebrating" He-Man's birthday! I mean honestly, I just realised it's been 30 years of He-Man and MOTU has been such an important part of my life for the last 30 years. And it's still going strong! And we all are here to take part in this awesome birthday celebration with incredible gifts like Granamyr and that awesome Castle Grayskull statue!
    This is so awesome and exciting!

Happy Birthday He-Man!!!

Awesome sticker included!

Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull Diorama

Wow.

How cool does this thing look!?!

Can anybody attending SDCC give us an idea of the scale of it? It clearly doesn't look big enough to be in scale with MOTUC but just how big is it?
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!