Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2012 Pictures, Reveals, and discussion thread!

[QUOTE=krosfyah;3061804]So no sub figure in august??

There are two sub figures in October: Frosta and either an "unknown" or Mosquitor.

Aside from Mosquitor (who was noted previously to be for 2012, there are 2 unaccounted for sub figures.)

1. January: Sorceress (but was moved to February)
    2. Fisto: February
    3. Kobra Khan: March
    4. Stinkor (April but moved to May)
    5. Slush Head: May
    6. Horde Prime: June
    7. Spikor: July
    8. Frosta (August but now moved to October)
    9. Mekaneck: September
    10. Unknown or Mosquitor: October
    11. Unknown or Mosquitor: November
    12. Unknown or Mosquitor: December

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Two-Bad is my favourite character, id love to see him, not sure if we will due to Mosquitor having a bit of new tooling so how many new bucks will be shown is yet to be determined but hoping anyway.

If we get Two-Bad then i HOPE we get the Artifact the spell of seperation, i know the main user is Hordak but would be a nice accessory to have so fans could either keep it with Two-Bad or skeletor. A little tile like the one we see in He-Ro unleashed would be nice

If Two-Bad, Tuvar and Baddhra were a 3 pack then it would be awesome if they came with the 3 pieces of the Triad of Discidium.
    Given the display in their booth at SDCC, I think that tomorrow we'll see:

- Jitsu (as he was featured in the poster)
    - Two-Bad (though I agree with you that this might be a 3-pack and available with the 2013 sub as the $60.00 item, assuming there is one.)

Two characters in the original poster that I am not sure about:
    - Whether there is a new [revised] Prince Adam or not is a toss-up; would not be surprised either way.
    - Not expecting Modulock but would be really happy if he was revealed...
    Say cheese!!!

Mek's bio is ok & even his real name isn't stupid. DBSk's bio moves the story forward in an interesting way.

Otherwise the rest of this stuff doesn't impress. Castle G is just an ornament & though I like Granymr's head & see that he's faithful to the MOTU media, he just doesn't look very impressive, sitting down with a gut like that.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Jon (TheShadow) just posted this on FB

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...57642044_n.jpg

Amazing!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    At the screening of the 1987 MOTU movie happening at the Alamo Drafthouse this weekend, they're giving away a "free comic book"... I'm wondering if this will be it, or if it's just the regular issue #1, or just a random comic from the '80s Star series or whatnot...
    I will be attending that screening on Sunday night. I imagine it will be the regular issue #1 they will be giving away.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Agh! Out of the way, kid! He-Man toys!!!!
    LOL...I said the same thing!

I think $80.00 is a fair price now that I see him!! I might just have him chill in some random place in the house!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Wow love what I've seen so far. Can't wait till the panel tomorrow to see what else is revealed! I'm excited!!!

Seriously, that Granamyr blows my mind. I expected the 4H to do him well, but they knocked it out of the park as far as I'm concerned. He's perfect. Every time I think those guys can't top themselves any further, they put out another brilliant effort. I mean, it's insane that we're even getting a figure of this character at all, but one so amazingly realized?? Pinch me - it was worth the 30 year wait!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Wow what a waste of a bio my beloved DB Skelly got...
    Almost no mention of the dragon. It would have been clever to use the enslavement of the Gnashor (it's chained to his armour) as a move to lure Draego-Man into helping Skeletor.
    Well at least that's how I'm going to use him in my canon.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Amazing!!!
    It kinda looks like he's holding a newly delivered demon baby after having cut the cord. Isn't he precious?
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    The pics on Toyark have the new schedule. Frosta in October now with Weapons Pak, Mekaneck in September with DB Skelly and Snakemen.
    Ok thanks.. Man that sucks!!

Can't wait to see what is coming out. Anticipation is terrible.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know why they always insist on making a stacked end of the year- it seems counter productive. I feel that a lot of people would have bought a second or a third Snakemen pack had they put it in August with Laser Lot.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I don't know why they always insist on making a stacked end of the year- it seems counter productive. I feel that a lot of people would have bought a second or a third Snakemen pack had they put it in August with Laser Lot.
    You know, this is exactly what I had in mind before they moved it to the next month...
    Now I'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    You know, this is exactly what I had in mind before they moved it to the next month...
    Now I'll have to wait and see.

Easy: They donīt want people to buy multiples. Multiples means a variable number. Mattel cannot count variable numbers, so they like to produce only a certain amount they are sure to sell. And because they donīt want the backlash of people not getting their toys due to a fast sell out (and even faster if people buy multiples), they move it to a date where people donīt have enough money to buy multiples. Psychology
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I am guessing on at least 2 if not 3, but come on that is a pretty decent amount. I bet if we are really really really really really lucky we might get 1 NA themed reveal..but I would not be surprised if we did not
    What with everything people are saying about Rattlor and this poster diorama, I bet we only see one. There are too many factions to fill and not enough slots...

Please be Mantenna, Please be Mantenna, Please be Mantenna, Please be Mantenna, PLEASE BE MANTENNA!!!!
    Sell me your Unnamed One, keep Son of He-Man going I need a Dare/Hero II now.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    I'm going to be so torn... on the onehand, he's a Snakeman, but I've never had a huge attachment to that faction. I do love me some Horde, and will be sorely tempted to grow their ranks...
    Rattlor is about as much of a Horde member as Kobra Khan is one of Skeletor's goons, meaning none at all. Rattlor and Kobra Khan are Snake-Men no matter what. The only way I can see Rattlor being part of the Horde is if he switched sides due to how frightening and powerful Hordak was and knew that staying with Hiss would be on the losing side.

As for Dragonblaster Skeletor's bio, it fits nicely. A lame bio for a lame figure.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    What with everything people are saying about Rattlor and this poster diorama, I bet we only see one. There are too many factions to fill and not enough slots...
    I didn't get that. What are people saying regarding Rattlor?
    He's my most wanted figure right now...

At least nobody died
    I don't know whether I should laugh at that or cry since it's so true.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    So Skeletor turns good . . . how promising!
    Not turns good, fights a common enemy, big difference.

I wondered why the dragon of DB Skelly wasn't attached to the armour...

details are from pics from thefwoosh.net

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Mekaneck's bio is disappointing. I wanted Duncan to create his neck. Sorceress magically healed him with technology? Okay.... Sad Phillip is not mentioned. That's one of the best story elements for good 'ole Mek! ...and feeling useless (lame power).
    It seems odd that his neck was healed by magic, but was given a metal look & now extends. That's some crappy magic. Let's hope no one in Eternia has a groin injury.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I wondered why the dragon of DB Skelly wasn't attached to the armour...

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...h/DBdetail.jpg
    details are from pics from thefwoosh.net
    He fell off. Or did you expect the dragon to be part of the mold/sculpt? and is that lil' dragon called a Gnashor somewhere? I like it. I never heard that before, but it sounds right.

I'm going to have my Granymyr standing. OH yes, I'll make a stand to do it, I am quite handy, artistic, and creative. Frankly it'll be easy.

Since he's about as big as Tytus when sitting, I need him to tower. We know he's big, even sitting, but I want him standing and Epic-ly glorious. Sitting just ain't gonna cut it, though it is thouroughly accurate and expected.

Thanks whoever for pointing out that Spector's weapon is to specific. Literally doesnt work with anyone else. I kinda forgot that, of course that's why it's not in there.

I've been wanting to do that "kitbash" UK Hordak. IF that belt does in fact go to him (somehow) then I know I am. If not, and it's Terry's (or anyone elses) I still want to do it, though I dont want to get a Spector and a Horde Prime and waste so many extra bits. At any rate I'm glad they displayed that "character".

Since I had to get two Trap Jaws (for one Kronis, ect) I already painted the extra set of his weapons silver blue, so I am in no rush to see them in a weapons pack, though it makes sense.

Going to have to get a party hat and blower, but I'll bet it'll just be too dang expensive on ebay, considering.

Do want a print version of that Lazer Lot story, but they will probably print a collection when they are done one way or another. So I can wait.

Dont mind not seeing anything about a Mekanek son, but as was stated, they didnt preclude it from being true. As for what his neck is, I "figured out" last year, after years of thinking about it, how his neck works. Same principal I use to explain Sy Klone, and Man-E Faces before I read his bio and some older stories and realized we'll probably never see (though I am hopeful from his bio) what Manny really is all about. But anyway, that neck piece does look kinda jenk, but then again, I'm fine with it. I totally love about MOTU (and this has always been it's signifigant appeal) it's combination of magic and tech. But though I love them combined, I think it needs to be refrenced that it is a combination, not interchangeable.

Magic with nanites, not "Magic Nanites"
    Last edited by baronterror; July 13, 2012 at 02:20am.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    He fell off. Or did you expect the dragon to be part of the mold/sculpt? and is that lil' dragon called a Gnashor somewhere? I like it. I never heard that before, but it sounds right.
    No I didn't expect him to be part of the sculpt, as it already was stated that he'd be removable when he was revealed. When I didn't see him on the first pics of the booth I just imagined that the dragon had been removed for other purposes...
    But of course he fell off

And "Gnashor" is what I'm calling him.
    It works pretty good for him imo.

Heroic Warrior
    I really pray that the dragon that sits on DB Skeletor's shoulders will be able to be attached or removed properly from the armor. I'd be furious ot have to pass on that precise figure !

Dragon Blaster Skeletor's bio is OK, IMO.

Mekaneck's real name does not sound stupid, which deserves to be noted. But I really loathe the "nanites" part, personally. I would have prefered just a magical neck, which leaves more to the imagination and doesn't promote the dangerous and liberticide nanotechnologies...
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 13, 2012 at 05:47am.