Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2012 Pictures, Reveals, and discussion thread!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Seriously, someone help me understand this...

You can afford it in August or September, but not in December?

That makes absolutely ZERO sense.

You know the amounts, so just take the $$$ in August/September, set it aside and (here it comes...) DON'T SPENT IT until December?!?

What is so difficult about that? I never understand these arguments... Does your cash turn to a pumpkin at the end of the month??
    I'm talking about the part of the fan base that's not good about planning ahead of time and judging by the Wind Raider reactions, there were PLENTY of them sadly .

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Christmas season and in some parts of the world, Winter time can be hard on the wallet. Not only do some people have hundreds or even thousands of dollars to spend on gifts for family and friends, but Murphy's law can come into play around December with heating bills, broken water pipes, etc. I agree with you but during the holidays its the worst time for Mattel to lay it on thick with large, expensive items.
    But Christmas is the exact reason you would release a big priced item, otherwise retail thinking for the past 40 years has been severely flawed.

I could understand maybe November being an ideal month heading into Christmas but like Big Country said, you know ahead of time and if in 5 months of saving is going to break you to get him then Mattel is not the problem it is the lack of finances.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I'm talking about the part of the fan base that's not good about planning ahead of time and judging by the Wind Raider reactions, there were PLENTY of them sadly .
    That was a vehicle, this is an iconic figure. They are not the same thing. I had plenty of people pass on the WindRaider that I buy for but they have bought every figure going back to 2009

If that part of the fanbase does not want Granamyr they are speaking with their wallets and Mattel will follow suit....as it should be in a retail environment
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    http://pixel-dan.com/wp-content/uplo.../IMG_50131.jpg

See? She-Ra without her tiara! People wonder why we wanted to be able to display her without her tiara.
    THIS is a She-Ra that I want to display without everything!!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

It is my birthday on the reveal day at SDCC and He-Man's 30th birthday. Hoping for lots of surprise reveals.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Ohmygodohmygodohmygod....

I'm actually jittery this morning in anticipation for the contest results. I submitted about 100 entries. I figure, if I don't win, at least I know I'm getting a really awesome figure since it beat my ideas! If I do win...I'll just be...so...happy...!!!!

I had to move a dead kitty off the road this morning, so a big pick-me-up like that would be swell.
    (No; I didn't hit it with my car.)

In any event, good luck to all my fellow contestants! I hope the winner is one of us!
    Yeah, I cannot concentrate on anything else today. Good luck, everyone! I submitted 16 characters and I think at least six of them had a good chance. I wonder if they will show artwork of the other finalists or only the grand prize figure.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    ONLY 5 hours until the reveals start!!!!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Norvell View Post
    Is the green Clawful Mace a hint to Camo Khan?
    Attachment 77234
    Interesting! I mentioned in another thread how my first thought at the NYTF walkthrough when TG mentioned "not seeing the last of the snakemen this year" was a reveal of KamoKhan as the subscription bonus figure. I'd be happy with that. Then again I'd want 2 or 3 for my snake army...
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    But Christmas is the exact reason you would release a big priced item, otherwise retail thinking for the past 40 years has been severely flawed.

I could understand maybe November being an ideal month heading into Christmas but like Big Country said, you know ahead of time and if in 5 months of saving is going to break you to get him then Mattel is not the problem it is the lack of finances.

- - - Updated - - -

That was a vehicle, this is an iconic figure. They are not the same thing. I had plenty of people pass on the WindRaider that I buy for but they have bought every figure going back to 2009

If that part of the fanbase does not want Granamyr they are speaking with their wallets and Mattel will follow suit....as it should be in a retail environment
    With a collector's line you're buying more for yout han anything else is for Chirstmas you're buying for your kids etc, online only with no shelf space or other exposure, it's usually for you. to me that's the difference and a bit of a flaw in the retail strategy of matty. it's a different animal than other retailers. BUT this is me just speculating from the sidelines, I know I got two other big priced items ready in Dec. Granamyr is a CAN'T miss for me. but I usu start my Christmas shopping in August so come December if I'm buying anything for gifts it's new stuff that just came out or spur of the moment things.
    Last edited by krosfyah; July 13, 2012 at 10:14am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    5 hours to go!

I really hope that one of the Jan, Feb or March figures is a POP figure. Come on Mattel, we should have gotten Frosta in August so early 2013 needs another POP figure. Hoping for Castaspella or Glimmer. And I'd love to see Mantenna, Two-Bad, Rattlor or Tung Lashor, Eldor and Bionatops would be awesome too. I'm so excited, can't wait!

So where's the link to Mattypalooza 2012?
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

ARGHHHHHHHHHH CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    Interesting! I mentioned in another thread how my first thought at the NYTF walkthrough when TG mentioned "not seeing the last of the snakemen this year" was a reveal of KamoKhan as the subscription bonus figure. I'd be happy with that. Then again I'd want 2 or 3 for my snake army...
    Clawful's mace was green that came with the 200X staction.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Really bummed Frosta is moved to October. Especially since we know from the mosquitor teaser pics that she is pretty close to done. I almost want to feel that the reason they keep pushing her back is so we dont expect a second monthly POP figure in 2012. 5 more hours to go...hoping for at least 2 vintage POP figures and maybe someone from filmation. Thats asking a lot, I know...but we are supposed to be seeing 6 months of figures here.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    I might do this old christmas style, check out "the presents" tomorrow when i wake up

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Today's the day!!!!!!!!
    What happens today?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

master of hiphop
    Bring on the reveals... papa's got a sub to buy
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Create a Contest Winner;

Castle Grayskullman

He-Fans and She-Ravers,

After almost one year and over 1,300 entries, we have a winner of our Masters of the Universe® Create a Character Contest!

During the Mattypalooza fan panel at SDCC it was revealed that “Castle Grayskullman,” created by Daniel Benedict, was chosen as the top entry and will be made into an actual figure available this fall as part of the 30th Anniversary line.

The contest gave fans the opportunity to create a new MOTUC character based on bucks from existing 6” figures. It was the perfect chance for them to let their creativity shine.

The panel of eight judges included members of Mattel’s marketing, entertainment, packaging, and design departments. They evaluated each entry, looking for concepts that had an original name and look, used approximately 50% shared parts, were easily translated into a toy, and fit into the world of MOTU. Daniel’s “Castle Grayskullman” wowed the judges, cleverly incorporating details from the vintage Castle Grayskull® Playset.

The big announcement was made during the SDCC fan panel, where new art created specifically for Daniel’s concept was also revealed. In addition, Daniel will receive a 2013 Club Eternia® subscription, and he will be interviewed for an article right here on MattyCollector.com. Best of all, he’ll have lifelong bragging rights as creator of a new MOTUC character!

In addition to the winning entry, five runner-ups were also announced during the SDCC fan panel, and each of them will also receive a 2013 club subscription.

We congratulate Daniel and the runner-ups, and thank everyone who submitted for an incredible turnout!

–Matty

P.S. Per the contest’s Official Rules and entry form, all entries remain the sole property of Mattel and may not be used or posted by anyone else (including any entrant), in any way, for any purpose.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Create a Contest Winner;

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...OK that was uncalled for so....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA....

Yeah.... He's certainly....unique!

EDIT

Mattel putting their little disclaimer means absolutely NOTHING legally- fair use act dictates they can be displayed

Lol... um ok. It's pretty cool, I'll probably get this one. Not really what I was expecting.

master of hiphop
    very cool .. congrats to the winner and runner ups
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

It's cool !!! CONGRATS to the Winner!!! Is it a He-man.org member ????

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Create a Contest Winner;
    WOW i love it!!

chosen1heath
    Nanites......someone has been playing Quake 4. In that story the strogg cyborgs work with their mechanical parts to heal their biological parts constantly. I dOn't know how I feel about this plot device in general. Is it good or bad science fiction?

Create a Contest Winner;
    That's cute, very clever. Grattlesnakes and Congo Rats to the creator. There's some great new pieces there as well that would be optimal for a figure I want that has not been released yet.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Jon (TheShadow) just posted this on FB

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...57642044_n.jpg
    Okay, the only thing I could hear in my head when I looked at this picture was Granamyr's voice saying:

"Be careful where you are putting your hand, human, if you wish to keep it."

That is one impressive dragon, although I never saw him with his legs straight out like that; his normal standing pose was more bent-legged. Even so, he looks to be a pretty good size. Gonna be hard to wait until December...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman