Thread: Emilliano's MOTUC Visions: Netossa

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Emilliano's MOTUC Visions: Netossa

If you think about it, Emiliano hinted towards her with Peakblue. Both characters shared the same body in the vintage line. It would just make sense if the same would happen in MOTUC. (And same for Emiliano as he sketched the same body once) But with a few tricks, not only she would still look different enough, but she could also be displayed looking like the vintage toy or more like the Filmation version. Just with a clip on mask! (no, no swapped forearms needed!)

Netossa has always been one of Emiliano's favourite POP figure. He likes the color scheme and he always imagined her as very strong and imposing. He tried to incorporate that idea in his sketch, moving a bit from the more fragile and gentle look she has in the Filmation cartoon. Someone might remember that she was also the only POP character appearing in my old fan comic, Homecoming!

Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 12, 2012 at 04:46pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I find it so interesting that he calls these VISIONS, and not some thing else! Since what he invisions almost always becomes actual! Can you fore-see the future!
    For real I think that that double use of the Buck is an excellent Idea. It definetly would make for an easy build as well as a smaller cost. Netossa looks awsome as well as very fierce! A VERY EXCELLENT VISION!

Stunning as usual. We only have six more vintage POP girls for Emiliano to grace us with. Mermista, Flutterina, Sweet Bee, Spinnerella, Double Trouble, and Entrapta. I would also love to see him tackle Kowl, Imp, and Loo-Kee while he's at it.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Beautiful, I never had much attachment to the POP figures for the most part since I'm male and POP was geared towards girls and I didn't feel the need for more social backlash back then for saying I liked a girls' toy/cartoon but I really like Catra so I'd love to see those POP rebel ladies get figures like these. Now if only the 4HM can find a way for the vac metal to not flake off like H-Hordak, since the shimmer looks to be from that effect along with Peekablue.

Also what kind of weapons should she have?
    Last edited by theblock; July 11, 2012 at 06:08pm. Reason: missed a thought
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Quote Originally Posted by theblock View Post

Also what kind of weapons should she have?
    I've always envisioned her as a huntress myself... so a spear or a crossbow (the Rebels could use their own crossbows against the Horde, couldn't they?) would suit her nicely.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I've always envisioned her as a huntress myself... so a spear or a crossbow (the Rebels could use their own crossbows against the Horde, couldn't they?) would suit her nicely.
    Good point, I think the rebels should have their own themed crossbows like the Horde, but then again Catra didn't have one either, maybe it's a bad guy/monster thing
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Maybe some bola-balls to trap enemies!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

AW, no weapon suggestions? Eh, doesn't matter. Fantastic take on her! She was one of my top favorites when I originally went through the PoP archive to answer some post awhile back about favorites. Thought the design and colors really popped, and I liked the hunter angle.

As it's already been stated: I imagine her with a spear or crossbow as well! I really hope they give her something like that when they release her. Some sort of hunting type weapon, at least.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Snappy Threader
    Oh wow. That is beautiful!

I would love for her to come with a trident, she is so much like a gladiator in my mind.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Netossa and Spinerella were originally shown to come with (presumably re-painted) Bubble Power She-Ra swords in early cross-sell art. I think it would be great if they got newly sculpted unique swords for their MOTUC release! I want the figure to come looking EXACTLY like this - with a soft-goods net cape - coz we all know how well the Leech net held up. This is a necessary exception to the rule - and they gave Black Canary & Zatanna cloth fishnet stockings in the DCUC line,so it HAS to be possible to do!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    well done this is a character I feel is often not sung.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Nice! I would definitely love this design and would buy it.

It would be cool to see a string-built net, a unique sword, and maybe a bola.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Heroic Warrior
    Most excellent!

But, Netossa really needs to come with a trident (which can be recylced for Mermista). Otherwise, the "vision" looks pretty much perfect. Although, I probably would have liked to have seen the waist/chest armour to look a little more like actual armour, that is, fitted over her chest and then up to the shoulders.

Doing my best Skeletor... Agent John Utah's Avatar
    It's amazing how close the prototype figure shown resembles this drawing! Way to go Emiliano, your crystal ball was right again! Hope the figure gets the headdress from the cartoon shown here.
    Visit my MotU Magazine Scans Thread>
    ██▓▓▒▒░░ Agent John Utah ░░▒▒▓▓██

And as said before they now have her in figure form WHALLA! as foreseen in your vision of beauty

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Awesome! Needs her sword though, as seen in the back art.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law