Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Character Discussion - Castle Grayskullman and more - now with gallery!

MEAN GREEN MACHINE eternianturtle21's Avatar

Create-a-Character Discussion - Castle Grayskullman and more - now with gallery!

EDIT July 3, 2013: New gallery of the presentation artwork from SDCC!

this would be year 3 with a slip up...lol.........if this is real its kinda cool

just click on the news section,its there right now
    Last edited by eternianturtle21; July 13, 2012 at 10:15am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by eternianturtle21 View Post
    this would be year 3 with a slip up...lol.........if this is real its kinda cool
    If they really did that then wow...

Link or it didn't happen...sorry.

Update- When I clicked on News, it still showed me the July Sale as the most recent news item.
    Last edited by Nick Jones; July 13, 2012 at 10:31am.

http://news.mattycollector.com/

It happened. And it is not a great character.

He-Fans and She-Ravers,

After almost one year and over 1,300 entries, we have a winner of our Masters of the Universe® Create a Character Contest!

During the Mattypalooza fan panel at SDCC it was revealed that “Castle Grayskullman,” created by Daniel Benedict, was chosen as the top entry and will be made into an actual figure available this fall as part of the 30th Anniversary line.

The contest gave fans the opportunity to create a new MOTUC character based on bucks from existing 6” figures. It was the perfect chance for them to let their creativity shine.

The panel of eight judges included members of Mattel’s marketing, entertainment, packaging, and design departments. They evaluated each entry, looking for concepts that had an original name and look, used approximately 50% shared parts, were easily translated into a toy, and fit into the world of MOTU. Daniel’s “Castle Grayskullman” wowed the judges, cleverly incorporating details from the vintage Castle Grayskull® Playset.

The big announcement was made during the SDCC fan panel, where new art created specifically for Daniel’s concept was also revealed. In addition, Daniel will receive a 2013 Club Eternia® subscription, and he will be interviewed for an article right here on MattyCollector.com. Best of all, he’ll have lifelong bragging rights as creator of a new MOTUC character!

In addition to the winning entry, five runner-ups were also announced during the SDCC fan panel, and each of them will also receive a 2013 club subscription.

We congratulate Daniel and the runner-ups, and thank everyone who submitted for an incredible turnout!

–Matty

P.S. Per the contest’s Official Rules and entry form, all entries remain the sole property of Mattel and may not be used or posted by anyone else (including any entrant), in any way, for any purpose.

It's on there. Not going to spoil it for everyone else.

Congrats to the winner. Don't really care for his name, but the figure itself is pretty awesome.

if that's real, I quite like the design. hate the name and fear the potential bio.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I actually think it's cool. Totally wacky awesome, like MOTU should be.
    I'm not 100% certain that this is real, though.
    EDIT- The more I look at him, the more I love him. I hope this isn't a gag!
    Last edited by TrimmTrabb; July 13, 2012 at 10:21am.

Is that person on the boards? If yeah, what name does he go by?

So it is

castle grayskull man!

Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

Heroic Warrior
    looks pretty cool

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    Congrats to the winner. Don't really care for his name, but the figure itself is pretty awesome.
    I agree with this. As usual, a "new" name is lacking and uninspired.

Pretty cool look for a figure design though, although this would have to be a spell cast on someone to transform them like that as nothing else would make any sense.

Eventually, I'd love to see the 4H's take on the giant creature that the vintage one looked to be constructed around. How cool would that be?!

Gods Above! Here's hoping we're getting ribbed. I mean, the weapons are pretty cool, but I just do not like the concept. I mean, what is it supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I agree with this. As usual, a "new" name is lacking and uninspired.

Pretty cool look for a figure design though, although this would have to be a spell cast on someone to transform them like that as nothing else would make any sense.

Eventually, I'd love to see the 4H's take on the giant creature that the vintage one looked to be constructed around. How cool would that be?!
    yeah the name is VERY bad. SLL is brilliant by comparisson. it sounds like a name a kid would come up with but again, the design is pretty cool to me.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    It's pretty cool, very nice detailed and I like it as a spirit of Grayskull with the jawbridge crossed swords as weapons. COOL. My only lame is that none of its parts cannot be shared with other major characters which still require tooling.....
    Last edited by Mamblo; July 13, 2012 at 10:34am.

Heroic Warrior
    I love the design
    Name, well what's in a motuc name, we have punny ones like Buzz Off and Evil Lynn already. Name isn't to bad, but I'm interested in the bio.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Eh.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...s-amp-Spoilers

See the last blurb. Guess it's sayonara for this thread.

I really like the design and look of that character. His name is blah but he is full of awesome details. He would make a good army builder for guards for the Sorceress and Grayskull. He is my second favorite of the 30th thus far and he is only less cool than Draego Man since he lacks wings.

He looks like a cross between the Galaxy Warriors and Remco wrestler knock offs from the '80s. I think he even has a Hulk Hogan skullet

It's not as good as Draego-Man, but better than Spector an Laser Lot.

I'm still hoping that it's one of TG's games, but I doubt he would go through so much effort

Maybe the long hair can be re-used on Longhaired Alcala He-Man
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    I'm not 100% certain that this is real, though.
    I've got the same feeling

Regarding the character in itself, I'm quite... perplexed
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Really? That's what won? Congrats to the winner, but come on. While I was not expecting to win since I had to rush my drawings, I was at least hoping they would have picked a female character as the winner. We already have enough sausage in MOTU.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Eh.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...s-amp-Spoilers

See the last blurb. Guess it's sayonara for this thread.
    It is not inadvertent. MattyCollector revealed it themselves

Thanks for use of spoiler tags all. Please keep that up until the actual panel. Whoever runs the Matty site sure makes it hard to keep these things a secret!! But for now let's try to keep the surprise going... for the person who won if nothing else.

That being said -
    I like it! It's not as good as any of mine were. (This is a joke.) But seriously, it's a lot of fun. I think it's a pretty clever concept.

I'm a little confused about the... hair? Is that hair? It's kind of hard to tell. But I like the face, the details.. the crest from the door. The name... not so much. I will be naming him something else. I wonder what the bio is? The Castle come to life because of a spell momentarily? Some sort of stone guardian the Castle creates to protect itself? I actually think buying several might be neat if the latter is true.

Maybe they can say it's some sort of ghostly character that haunts Castle Grayskull or something.